The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

By the way, did anyone else notice how Match Of The Day complete glossed over any issue of Villa's performance or problems? They didn't even show the Stephen Ireland substitution, or discuss our overall performance other than the mistakes.

Taking the LMAs advice I think. Less focus on managers losing their jobs, more focus on the football. Unfortunately, our football is shit mainly because of the manager.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, did anyone else notice how Match Of The Day complete glossed over any issue of Villa's performance or problems? They didn't even show the Stephen Ireland substitution, or discuss our overall performance other than the mistakes.

Taking the LMAs advice I think. Less focus on managers losing their jobs, more focus on the football. Unfortunately, our football is shit mainly because of the manager.

Yes i noticed this - no footage of the Ireland substitution and the crowd reaction at all - no footage of people leaving the stadium after 60 minute mark either - which was very strange as was one of the few talking points surely?

I dont blame MOTD for not talking about us in studio tho.

Come on folks, this is the first time in I don't know how many years that we've all been united in our opinion of the manager
I do not think that is true

There are still some fans that support Mcleish and wish to give him more time.

In addition I would just add, get rid of Mcleish then brilliant, he has to go. But the main problem would still be at the club

Both have to go for me

At this moment in time I'd guess about 98% of Villa fans want him gone. When have Villa fans ever been that united on a manager?
98%? or is that a figure you are making up?

The last poll on here had 87% saying they definitely wanted him out. The rest said keep or give more time

The fact that the transfer window has now opened and we have beaten Chelsea and picked up other points (or had "better perfroamces" as some feel - not I I may add) recently I would guess that it may still be around 87% or in fact could actually be lower

Yeah but that was before the Liverpool game. I honestly believe that if you polled 100 Villa fans at VP on match-day about 5 at most would say they didn't want McLeish out.

Come on folks, this is the first time in I don't know how many years that we've all been united in our opinion of the manager

In addition I would just add, get rid of Mcleish then brilliant, he has to go. But the main problem would still be at the club

Both have to go for me

At this moment in time I'd guess about 98% of Villa fans want him gone. When have Villa fans ever been that united on a manager?

The last poll on here had 87% saying they definitely wanted him out. The rest said keep or give more time

The fact that the transfer window has now opened and we have beaten Chelsea and picked up other points (or had "better perfroamces" as some feel - not I I may add) recently I would guess that it may still be around 87% or in fact could actually be lower

Yeah but that was before the Liverpool game. I honestly believe that if you polled 100 Villa fans at VP on match-day about 5 at most would say they didn't want McLeish out.
So 5%, not the 1 or 2% you said.

Both have to go for me

So 5%, not the 1 or 2% you said.

This testimony is changing more often than Luis Suarez's. The racist.

[ I honestly believe that if you polled 100 Villa fans at VP on match-day about 5 at most would say they didn't want McLeish out.

I must have those 5 sitting behind me then as they seem to blame everyone bar McLeish. Does my head in and given the number of spare seats I'm seriously considering moving our season tickets.

But we are not united Mantis

There is a section, and if you say 5% or 13% on a match day that would be (based on 30K attendance) 1500 - 4000 fans, who do not want Mcleish to go.

That is just using internet poll as a guide. Most fans who do not use the internet / message boards, do not get worked up or agitated by it and just get on with it regardless.

[ I honestly believe that if you polled 100 Villa fans at VP on match-day about 5 at most would say they didn't want McLeish out.

I must have those 5 sitting behind me then as they seem to blame everyone bar McLeish. Does my head in and given the number of spare seats I'm seriously considering moving our season tickets.

Unlucky. Can't say I've run into any of them myself. Everyone I've met wants him gone, and I'm not a ST holder so I move around the ground quite a bit from game to game.

But we are not united Mantis

There is a section, and if you say 5% or 13% on a match day that would be (based on 30K attendance) 1500 - 4000 fans, who do not want Mcleish to go.

That is just using internet poll as a guide. Most fans who do not use the internet / message boards, do not get worked up or agitated by it and just get on with it regardless.

Oh my God. I give up. No offence but you're a nightmare to talk to. :|

I hope we'll lose against Bristol. It's not like we're gonna win the FA Cup anyway. But losing that will make his position closer to becoming untenable.

I understand your thinking, but personally I would never wish a loss on Villa

I honesty don't know where I stand on this one. I want us to win, but at the same time I feel that there needs to be something drastic for people to wake up. Most Villa fans obviously know what he's about, but it seems like the media aren't picking up on it. It's alarming how many football fans that aren't Villa fans think he's doing an alright job. He's just not under enough pressure at the moment.

Went to the game today & well... erm!

That was basically football suicide was it not?! Shocking performance but then what the heck do we expect when we gift a goal within 4 minutes of each half to a side with a very good defence?!...

before today swansea had won 0, drawn 3 and lost 6 of their away games, scoring just 6 and conceding 19

they are the worst away team in the league and yet with mcleish's anti-football we cant even score let alone get any points.

Â