Battlefield v Call Of Duty (Modern Warfare)

wiggyrichard

No it's not, but it hasn't changed since the ps3/360 came out. It's just a cash cow for the company that distribute it but the people who buy it are blind to that fact.

What needs to happen now is for it to, not-do-as-well-well-as-activision-hoped-for-it-to-do, then when the new systems come out in 12/18 months, the designers of the game will buck their ideas, realise they've taken all of the people who pay upto £80s for the game (inc maps) for a bunch of idiots and actually get off their arses, and IMPROVE THE GAME.

it doesnt matter if its Treyarc or Infiniward (i know..), the games are exactly the same apart from the skins and maybe bullet damage.

What activision cannot afford to do is keep churning the same stuff out EVERY YEAR. alot of people are wising up to it (people on this forum) and are not willing to pay £80 for a new set of maps.

However, my point was, it is the kids and people like yourself who are prepared to pay that much money for essentially the exact same product..

The guys who left Infinity Wards (i think) are at the moment developing and plotting game that will kick 7 bells of shit out of both MW and Bf i have no doubt about that. Im not the hottest on this subject and i might have the wrong production team, but someone left Infinaty Ward (or someone else) after MW1 i think to form a new production team, they are yet to announce a game.

Here lies the problem that since he/they left whoever it was the game has stagnated.

I dont really know what im on about and could really do with some help from The Rev or Chindie! :lol:

I was a late to playing FPS games online, the first I ventured on was MW2 and absolutely loved it. One of the most played games ive ever owned.

It was only about 3/4 months ago that my younger brother got BF2 and begged me to get it so we could go online, finally gave in and must say I really enjoyed it too even though I was adamant I wouldnt because of the difference in gameplay.

That is what is so good though, that the gameplay is so different and thats why I feel it is easy enough to own both and get enough gametime on both.

If I feel like jumping on and going a bit Rambo one night I can stick in MW3, yet if I fancy taking it a bit slower, more tactical in goes BF3

In short I will be getting both, with Fifa they are the only games i really get at full price.

FWIW i think it's the best FPS since CSS/Halo2

OT but I think Halo is massively overrated, have played it many many times with my friends on the old Xbox as well as the 360 and I always felt like I was spraying paint out of a can rather than firing a really badass gun, the shooting just felt so plasticky.

Trolling hell, what a ridiculous thread to start before both games have even been released.

BC3 is supposed to be huge compared to BC2 so nobody knows what to expect. COD is expected to be the same, but it's been the same for the last 3 or 4 releases and each time it's been massive.

Me? GOW3 ofcourse!

OT but I think Halo is massively overrated, have played it many many times with my friends on the old Xbox as well as the 360 and I always felt like I was spraying paint out of a can rather than firing a really badass gun, the shooting just felt so plasticky.

Have to agree, Halo series is absoloute toss.

Ive since found out using the tinterweb that Jason West & Vince Zampella left Infinity Ward (they were the studio heads i believe) and have since started Respawn entertainment.

Something BIG is in the pipeline!!!

you'll be waiting

everything needs to be built from the ground up. not just the code for the games, but the tools used to build the code for the games. activision apparently owned everything to do with the franchise

Hmmm...i couldnt disagree more. Halo1 and Halo2 we're extremely good for multiplayer/teamwork. Extremely fun too when playing with mates online. The way you could control/dominate maps was amazing. You just dont get that same control on COD. Though, you do on BF.

Everything after Halo2 has been wank.

Trolling hell, what a ridiculous thread to start before both games have even been released.

BC3 is supposed to be huge compared to BC2 so nobody knows what to expect. COD is expected to be the same, but it's been the same for the last 3 or 4 releases and each time it's been massive.

Me? GOW3 ofcourse!

I'd say you were the one trolling coming out with stuff like that - GOW better than COD/BF, on your bike!

Me? GOW3 ofcourse!

I'd say you were the one trolling coming out with stuff like that - GOW better than COD/BF, on your bike!

Let me just reel you in with my troll rod.

Halo1 and Halo2 we're extremely good for multiplayer/teamwork. Extremely fun too when playing with mates online. The way you could control/dominate maps was amazing.

I agree actually. It's the controls that irk me. Can't say much about the story as I've never played the campaign from start to finish.

For me personally, I couldn't really get into Battlefield. Probably just too much in the COD mindframe to enjoy it properly, I do prefer running around like a loony and shooting at all and sundry as opposed to the measured, tactical approach. That said, I don't really feel the difference between Black Ops and the MW's either, I've enjoyed them all about the same. I'll definitely be forking out for MW3, regardless.

Halo1 and Halo2 we're extremely good for multiplayer/teamwork. Extremely fun too when playing with mates online. The way you could control/dominate maps was amazing.

I agree actually. It's the controls that irk me. Can't say much about the story as I've never played the campaign from start to finish.

Yeah the controls take some getting used too once you've been playing COD etc. I think another problem with the Halo franchise was they were all kinda 2/3 gun games. If your team had the rocket launcher, sniper and plenty of players who could use the Battle Rifle then it was easy to dominate. The other weapons on offer really didnt give you any advantage when coming up against a BR.

I'm a COD hater, mainly because it feels like a 12 year olds fantasy about war "I'll run up to that taliban man and stab him in the back, he'll never know, I am hardcore" etc

I am battlefield and have pre-ordered the special pack.

I'm a COD hater, mainly because it feels like a 12 year olds fantasy about war "I'll run up to that taliban man and stab him in the back, he'll never know, I am hardcore" etc

I am battlefield and have pre-ordered the special pack.

Special pack....pray-tell?

Â