Football Manager 2012

AndyClarke

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know why you can't scout outside Britain, sounds like a bug or Randy trying to save money.

The rest of it is about right isn't it? Desperately trying to lower the wage bill with some money available if you can do it.

Yeah, fully agree with that. Just was perplexed by the scouting thing, and you can't even ask for a larger range either. I was expecting a lower required wage bill in all honesty, around the 550-650k range.

No idea mate, does seem a bit ridiculous.

Regarding the wage budget I was basically assuming that we need to get rid of the likes of Heskey, Warnock, Dunne, Collins etc etc and bring in replacements on approximately half the wages. So if we get rid of £200,000 a week we still have to replace the players, if I'd lowered the wage budget much more then you'd have struggled to put together a squad to stay in the division I would think.

All told, it should make managing Villa a challenge, I think MON will probably take Heskey which is annoyingly unrealistic, if he doesn't, you've pretty much got to sit out the first season. Obviously there are loopholes, if you scout around the internet I'm sure there are any number of free/cheap players who could come in meaning you can ship out the expensive deadwood as cheap as possible. Otherwise, if you play realistically and stay clear of the bizarrely rated players from Outer Mongolia etc then it should be a good task and you have the opportunity to play some of the young boys. Graham Burke should be worth a shot in the first team.

Cheers :thumb:

Think you've overrated Petrov btw. 4 stars is excessive!

EDIT: And Clark is underrated for me, should be 3 star current rating.

Apart from that, it's pretty much bang on, Andy.

The star rating is in relation to your club and the current squad so Stan being one of the better players has got to be pretty accurate (he is 4th by CA).

Clark is on the fringes of the first team (in terms of CA) but potentially the best player in the squad.

Given GG a game yet?

Just got an email from them about some deals

Football Manager™ 2012 Special Offer

We are delighted to announce that to celebrate the release of the winter transfer update for Football Manager™ 2012 there is a very special offer available for both new and existing players of the game on Steam. Up until Friday 9th March at 6pm (GMT), Football Manager™ 2012 is available on PC & Mac at a special discounted price of just £7.99 to anyone who doesn't own the game. On top of that, if you do already own the game, you can now gift the game to a friend via Steam for the ridiculously low price of just £4.99!

The game will come with the new data update, which includes all transfers and changes to the game from the recent winter transfer window, so there's never been a better time to get either your own or a friend's managerial career started.

This offer is only available from now until Friday 9th March at 6pm GMT.

Pretty good deal, especially if you know someone with steam.

Having a fun little career game. Started as local reputation at a Danish club with local reputation who were amateur in like I think equiv of 4th division, managed to finish 4th first season and move to Norway 3rd division (big move!) called Vindjbart (sp) managed to top the league with them and gain promotion to 2nd tier. Moved on though in summer to San Marino (club), they were about 15 games into their season in Serie C2/A about 12th at the time, was 2 points off automatics with 2 games to go, yet lost my last two games and managed to finish 7th! missed out on play offs on goal difference. In the summer, I have just moved on again, this time to Hartlepool in League two. Not won a game in me first 6 and struggling at the moment. All fun though.

Has anyone started as Villa yet, interested to see how hard you find shifting the big earners. I did some testing and you could get shot of Heskey, Warnock and Dunne with relative ease, then it was a case of moving on a couple of other players and you are in the money.

Has anyone started as Villa yet, interested to see how hard you find shifting the big earners. I did some testing and you could get shot of Heskey, Warnock and Dunne with relative ease, then it was a case of moving on a couple of other players and you are in the money.

Started a new one with Villa. Managed to get shot of Heskey with a first time "offer to clubs" For £1m to the only bidders, Sunderland. I only ever move Heskey and Beye on in the first season anyway. Couple of loan deals in and that's about it.

23rmm48.jpg

Started the season Very well, better than any other saves if made with Villa. Pulled out of Gary Gardeners loan to Derby and so far he seems improved.

cjask.jpg

mr7qxw.jpg

Finding this patch well hard. Started with Villa doing pretty poor in the league w3 d4 l5. Doing well in the cup though. Finding the team talks really annoying doesn't matter what I say someone is always angry by it. Won my first league game 6-1 against spurs told the team they played great and half the team were angry at me

Finding this patch well hard. Started with Villa doing pretty poor in the league w3 d4 l5. Doing well in the cup though. Finding the team talks really annoying doesn't matter what I say someone is always angry by it. Won my first league game 6-1 against spurs told the team they played great and half the team were angry at me

This is what i do for team talks. I get a positive response from most of my players 95% of the time. It's abit repetitive, but i works.

Start of the game: Assertive - Go and have fun tonight.

Losing at half time: Aggressive - I'm not happy with your performance.

Drawing at half time:Aggressive - I'm not happy with your performance out there.

Winning at half time by 1 goal: Assertive - I'm please with how things are going, keep it up.

Winning by more than 2 goals at half time: Passionate - I'm please with how things are going, keep it up.

Lost at full time: Aggressive - I'm not happy with your performance out there

Draw at full time: Aggressive - I'm not happy with your performance out there

Won at full time by more than 2 goals: Passionate - A nice victory, well done.

Won at full time by 1 or 2 goals: Assertive - A nice victory, well done.

I do these regardless of the team or type of match (friendly or cup final)

Started as Villa last night. Managed to flog Heskey for £1m to MON. Getting offers for Warnock after I whored him out to other clubs, but I want all the money up front and no-one is offering it.

How come Adrian Lamb and Glenn Roeder aren't contracted to us? I'm not sure if Roeder actually has a contract with us, but Lamb obviously does.

Â