Prague

Demitri_C

Plugs are the European two pin ones Dem

As for places to go it really does depend on what you want to do. Considering its a Stag I suspect that there is a damn good chance that you will end up around Wenclesslass Square at a few of the "gentleman" clubs. In the Old town near the square there are a couple of bars that always seem to get a load of people in on stags, I am pretty sure one is called the George and Dragon.

Be careful with Taxi's are there a lot of rogue ones

Just be careful with them. Most of the decent hotels will have Taxi firms attached to the hotel, always found it best to use them if need be and call them when required. If you do use one off the street then make sure you arrange a price before setting off.

The tram's are pretty good, normal rules watch out for the pickpockets etc (I appreciate this is not painting a good picture - but Prague is a great pace). If you can get away from the normal stag things go down to the Old Town, across Charles bridge and up by the castle. Excellent place

If you want a decent bar without the 'gentleman' club element, I always found the one underneath the imitation hard rock cafe (not the actual hard rock cafe) pretty good. It's not far from Wenclesslass Square.

Watch out for the 'reps' trying to get you into 'clubs' with offers such as x amount and free beer all night, because once you've paid you'll probably find it's a brothel. Unless you want to go to a brother, in which case, enjoy!

in case you aren't aware in most of that neck of the woods "nightclubs" are brothels ..so drunk men getting into a taxi asking for nightclub are often getting what they are ask for

I'd echo Charles bridge and the Palace as somewhere to go to get away from it all for a while

As said watch out for pickpockets and agree the price of the taxi before you get in it or else they will charge whatever they want.

There are tons off people up and down the strip offering you whatever you want, drugs, clubs, hookers etc. Just make sure you dont get dragged into a rough club, they will also charge you however much they want for a drink!

• 6 months later...

omar from my own experience there are not that many clubs that are not gentlemen clubs/brothels. there wa sone though that we did discover which had about 7 floors and was huge but cant remember the name

go see old town is amazing as are the women :)

• 2 months later...

I went to Prague in November last year. If you're not going there for a weekend on the lash, I can recommend the old town, the palace, the Charles Bridge, the funicular up the hill on the opposite side of the river to the town and also the zoo. The zoo was quite impressive. Mrs MMFy doesn't drink so my only beers were in restaurants.

If you don't want to pay UK prices for drinks step back from Wenceslas Square a street or two and you'll get a beer for less than a quid.

And if you want a good cheap mixed grill, go to this place: http://www.staradoba.cz/

Â