The MLS Thread

ClaretMahoney

/\ That must be 'top flight' leagues because the English Championship is averaging 17,366 so far this season.

Championship is included:

the Championship 2008-09: 17,891

• 1 month later...

Watching the Galaxy vs Sounders right now. LA are down to their 3rd choice keeper - Perk - after Ricketts got injured and Saunders was sent off last game. Hasn't really been tested yet.

Beckham is also out with a 'slight stress fracture of the spine'.

Problem with MLS is that they concentrate too much on signing expensive European players and rarely sign cheaper talented gems from Latin America which would then trigger an interest from the Hispanic communities of the US

I dunno, there's always been a large Hispanic complement at the Galaxy games I've been to.

I do keep an eye on the Galaxy - particularly after signing JPA - but I can't say I make a concerted effort to watch their games (or any other MLS games for that matter).

I had always assumed that Chivas USA were the side who most of the Hispanics in L.A./SoCal chose to support? Oversimplification on my part or do they get the majority?

I think the Mexicans in SoCal who support Chivas USA do so because their REAL club is plain old Chivas. It'd be like us supporting the Villa reserve team.

Problem with MLS is that they concentrate too much on signing expensive European players and rarely sign cheaper talented gems from Latin America which would then trigger an interest from the Hispanic communities of the US

I dunno, there's always been a large Hispanic complement at the Galaxy games I've been to.

I do keep an eye on the Galaxy - particularly after signing JPA - but I can't say I make a concerted effort to watch their games (or any other MLS games for that matter).

I had always assumed that Chivas USA were the side who most of the Hispanics in L.A./SoCal chose to support? Oversimplification on my part or do they get the majority?

I think the Mexicans in SoCal who support Chivas USA do so because their REAL club is plain old Chivas. It'd be like us supporting the Villa reserve team.

What nonsense, over the past 5 years that has been the main drive for MLS. Most of the key players have been coming from Central and South America.

What nonsense, over the past 5 years that has been the main drive for MLS. Most of the key players have been coming from Central and South America.

Say what?

Say what?

LA. Juninho/Leonardo/JPA/Cardozo

San Jose. Hernandez/Luiz/Morales

Chivas USA. Mendoza/Magnamura/Trujillo/Moreno/Mondaini

FC Dallas. Half the team is south american

Sounders. Alonso/Fernandez/Montero/Rosales

Fire. Pappa/Chaves/Nazarit

etc etc point is you see more south/central americans who are actually contributing to a side than European based ones.

Say what?

LA. Juninho/Leonardo/JPA/Cardozo

San Jose. Hernandez/Luiz/Morales

Chivas USA. Mendoza/Magnamura/Trujillo/Moreno/Mondaini

FC Dallas. Half the team is south american

Sounders. Alonso/Fernandez/Montero/Rosales

Fire. Pappa/Chaves/Nazarit

etc etc point is you see more south/central americans who are actually contributing to a side than European based ones.

The point you just made was never in dispute....

I see, it looked liked you were commenting on my Chivas comment, and it made no sense.

Yes, the OP is a bit off the mark there. Kind of like a typical pass in MLS :winkold:

Â