Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Bents record in the Premiership speaks for itself .

McLeish's record does not.

We cannot, under any circumstances decide the future of our manager based on one player.

Mcliesh, Mourinho or Brian Clough - Darren Bent will not care about AVFC like you and I do. Its his job. He will up and leave at the drop of a hat at the very sniff of more money. Get over it. Their tossers. Do not worship them.

Thats because Heskey has never had/ nor will ever have a record of scoring goals like Bent, I for one agree that Mcleish uses neither to thier strengths, but goals win you football matches, heskey will never score enough goals to do that where-as Bent will.

Play a system to suit your best players, i.e providing Bent with chances and we might start seeing him hit the net again, in fact I can almost guarantee he will (because his record is 2nd to none at every club he has been at when getting the service).

I can see why most fans would be angry if we sold him. Give him the service and he will win us points by scoring goals, play the shite that we have been and he wont.

The system needs changing and to do that either Mcleish needs to wake up and change to tactics or he needs to go, rather than selling the best chance we actually have of scoring goals.

We cannot, under any circumstances decide the future of our manager based on one player.

Mcliesh, Mourinho or Brian Clough - Darren Bent will not care about AVFC like you and I do. Its his job. He will up and leave at the drop of a hat at the very sniff of more money. Get over it. Their tossers. Do not worship them.

I don't know if you'd noticed, but McLeish not getting the best out of Bent is just one of many reasons why people want McLeish gone.

whatever his faults...natural goalscorers are a rare breed.

If we can feel safe in acquiring an adequate replacement then fine sell him but our record in the transfer market suggests we keep him.....we don't get lucky too often.

I guess what we are are all looking for and him too plus( them that left i.e Barry,Milner,Downing & young) is to know the calibre of player likely to come in to help.

We need to get back on this front foot.

agreed entirely, good post

Who is talking of 'worship'??

Its very simple - i rate Bent as a professional footballer. I don't 'worship' him.

I don't rate McLeish as a professional football manager. I don't 'worship' him or hate him.

This football club though for pretty much the last decade has needed a striker of Bents prolific goal scoring ability.

Bent has his faults for sure - but his goal scoring record really does speak for itself .

He scores goals and has done for nearly 10 years in the Premiership and with far less fashionable clubs than ourselves.

Has Darren Bent managed to score more goals in the Premier League than McLeish has in his entire Premier League managerial career?

Alex McLeish's Prem teams have scored 127 goals and Darren Bent has scored 64 goals.

he's only got 10odd more than gabby? can't be right

Build the team around him!

We spend £24m on a striker. I'm pretty sure the plan behind that is that he'll score the majority of our goals. Especially given his previous striking record.

So why aren't we busting a gut to give him the best possible chance to score goals? Play it on the floor, play it in the channels, play three central midfielders (including an attacking midfielder). Stop playing it long, stop playing Heskey.

It sounds ridiculously simple. But I genuinely believe that our best chance of doing anything decent this season or in the next few years is to get Darren Bent scoring goals.

Has Darren Bent managed to score more goals in the Premier League than McLeish has in his entire Premier League managerial career?

Alex McLeish's Prem teams have scored 127 goals and Darren Bent has scored 64 goals.

That Bent stat is way waaaaay way off!

According to wikipedia he has scored 168 goals in 338 appearances since 2001.

he's only got 10odd more than gabby? can't be right

My apologies, I wasn't clear.

Alex McLeish's Prem teams have scored 127 goals whereas Darren Bent has scored 64 goals in that time period (as McShitey joined SHA in november 2007 and Dazza had started before).

However overall Bent has 95 prem goals.

Â