World Cup 2014 - Brazil

Tayls

Anyone planning a trip out here?

Booked my flights and got myself a quarter final ticket in rio. That's it so far.

Nice one, are you American?

Nope, strange question i may add haha

Well, your location says San Diego, so it's really not that strange a question, is it?

Booked my flights and got myself a quarter final ticket in rio. That's it so far.

Wow, how much did it cost u? Pm if don't wanna share on here

Flights were about £1200 got a good deal cause thats premium economy direct to rio. The quarter final ticket was free from a brazilian supplier of mine that they were given by the brazilian export office. That includes Hotel for 2 nights in rio so should be good! Also got CRO v MEX + ITA v CRC + GER v GHA and there all in the north within a few days of each other so im being told there is some nice beach resorts up there which im saving for. Ive budgeted £10k for the whole trip and saved a fair bit up till now

Bloody heck £10k to watch a few weeks of football! You could probably travel round the world for 6 months for that.

Flights were about £1200 got a good deal cause thats premium economy direct to rio. The quarter final ticket was free from a brazilian supplier of mine that they were given by the brazilian export office. That includes Hotel for 2 nights in rio so should be good! Also got CRO v MEX + ITA v CRC + GER v GHA and there all in the north within a few days of each other so im being told there is some nice beach resorts up there which im saving for. Ive budgeted £10k for the whole trip and saved a fair bit up till now
Bloody heck £10k to watch a few weeks of football! You could probably travel round the world for 6 months for that.

Didn't like the look of the prices so sed I'll watch it on telly

Well, your location says San Diego, so it's really not that strange a question, is it?

Sh1t sorry mate completely forgot I haven't changed it. Sorry bout that.

True though I think it may come in less.

Also World Cup, in Brazil, bit of an ideal situation really!

Ah, no worries, man. For a minute I was thinking you were following the US team down to Brazil and I was going to be vey jealous of you!

Ah, no worries, man. For a minute I was thinking you were following the US team down to Brazil and I was going to be vey jealous of you!

Nope although if you miraculously win your group, with all due respect, ill be at the second round game in Porto Alegre

• 2 months later...

Read a lot of horror stories on Rio, day light muggings and the like.  Bit scary.  I've read a lot of counter arguments too but I think I'm going to be unnecessarily over cautious for the first few days.

Got tickets for all 3 England group games. Flying to Manaus a week early to do the Amazon. Cost me 12,000 Euros to do the 25 days with the missus. That's tickets, spending, flights etc....

Looking forward to it so much now!!

Anyone else going to be in Manaus for the Italy match? If so, message me.

I am going to post pics from there on VT if I can work out how.

:)

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 3

Got tickets for all 3 England group games. Flying to Manaus a week early to do the Amazon. Cost me 12,000 Euros to do the 25 days with the missus. That's tickets, spending, flights etc....

Got any spares for the Uruguay game?

Tumblr_m6ybmkVc9x1rs645f.gif

Haha. You must be joking. I paid 846 US dollars for that game for ONE ticket. My missus is an Aussie and even she isn't getting a ticket for that one. I bought us two tickets for the Italy and Costa Rica games (350 each and 150 each respectively) but she told me not to bother getting her one for that game cos the price is mental. Sorry bud.  :(

Be happy to meet for a few beers in SP though..... :)

Haha. You must be joking. I paid 846 US dollars for that game for ONE ticket. My missus is an Aussie and even she isn't getting a ticket for that one. I bought us two tickets for the Italy and Costa Rica games (350 each and 150 each respectively) but she told me not to bother getting her one for that game cos the price is mental. Sorry bud.  :(

Didn't think so, worth a shot though.  My last options are wait for FIFA to release the tickets they've held back or pay through the nose for them.  Were yours from viagogo or that kind of ticketing site?

Meeting for beers sounds good.  I have reason to believe that I have drank with you before :detect:

Edited by Wainy316

Haha. You must be joking. I paid 846 US dollars for that game for ONE ticket. My missus is an Aussie and even she isn't getting a ticket for that one. I bought us two tickets for the Italy and Costa Rica games (350 each and 150 each respectively) but she told me not to bother getting her one for that game cos the price is mental. Sorry bud. :(

Didn't think so, worth a shot though. My last options are wait for FIFA to release the tickets they've held back or pay through the nose for them. Were yours from viagogo or that kind of ticketing site?

Meeting for beers sounds good. I have reason to believe that I have drank with you before :detect:

Oh? Where? How?

Haha. You must be joking. I paid 846 US dollars for that game for ONE ticket. My missus is an Aussie and even she isn't getting a ticket for that one. I bought us two tickets for the Italy and Costa Rica games (350 each and 150 each respectively) but she told me not to bother getting her one for that game cos the price is mental. Sorry bud. :(

Didn't think so, worth a shot though. My last options are wait for FIFA to release the tickets they've held back or pay through the nose for them. Were yours from viagogo or that kind of ticketing site?

Meeting for beers sounds good. I have reason to believe that I have drank with you before :detect:

Oh? Where? How?
West Brom away last year, in Brum pre and post match. I thought you said you posted as 'One for The Road' and I remembered you had an Aussie girlfriend. You were speaking Norwegian to some, erm Norwegians.

Are you scared yet?

Edited by Wainy316

Oh? Where? How?
West Brom away last year, in Brum pre and post match. I thought you said you posted as 'One for The Road' and I remembered you had an Aussie girlfriend. You were speaking Norwegian to some, erm Norwegians.

Are you scared yet?

Aha! I had an inkling it was one of you guys when you said you'd drank with me before. I am Matt Bennetts mate Kai. So which one of the lads are you? I remember there were a few of you.

EDIT. Were you in the 8 Bells at Fulham away too?

Edited by One For The Road

Oh? Where? How?

Are you scared yet?

Aha! I had an inkling it was one of you guys when you said you'd drank with me before. I am Matt Bennetts mate Kai. So which one of the lads are you? I remember there were a few of you.

EDIT. Were you in the 8 Bells at Fulham away too?

Not sure if I was with that group.  I was with a few before the game but only one other after the game, I just remember there being loads of Villa in the 'Sun on the Hill' after game and we all kind of merged into one.  Then we ended up in some little pub until pretty late.

Â