World Cup 2014 - Brazil

Tayls

Hi all,

Me and my buddy had a man night last night and we have agreed that we will definitely be going to the Brazilian world cup. He went to the world cup last year and I didnt, mainly because of my fear of going to Africa - I know a couple of people who have been and said it's the most amazing place which I'm sure it is if you travel around sensibly. I'm still a little bit of a girl though and do have some concerns about going to Brazil. Is anyone else going or has anyone been to Brazil before?! Can you share your experiences etc? Although we will be going to watch some football we do intend to 'travel' around the country, seeing the Amazon and as many cities as possible. Anybody got anything?

Hi all,

Me and my buddy had a man night last night and we have agreed that we will definitely be going to the Brazilian world cup. He went to the world cup last year and I didnt, mainly because of my fear of going to Africa - I know a couple of people who have been and said it's the most amazing place which I'm sure it is if you travel around sensibly. I'm still a little bit of a girl though and do have some concerns about going to Brazil. Is anyone else going or has anyone been to Brazil before?! Can you share your experiences etc? Although we will be going to watch some football we do intend to 'travel' around the country, seeing the Amazon and as many cities as possible. Anybody got anything?

I'm confused....are you a man or a girl?

there are the usual stories about Brazil and how you will leave the hotel and wake up with a kidney removed but box clever and you will be fine i.e don't carry your life saving around in your wallet , no flash watches on show , don't fall for pretty women that approach you at random

I think it's safe to say I'm well travelled and to date I still have all my organs and have avoided any traps or muggings ..my train of thought is is that the world is pretty much the same where ever you go , there is always going to be crime you may as well get mugged in Rio than Skegness

I used to read the English paper when I lived in Budapest , was always full of these whining tourists that had been approached by a stunning woman , taken to a bar and then ripped off ..unless you are Brad Pitt and stunning women walk up to you in the streets of Ottershaw or wherever you live , why do you think the second you leave your home town you've suddenly become irresistible to women ??

Hahaha... I know what you mean, but it's possible my gf will be coming out for some of the trip, probs the bit before the footy starts so to experience the Amazon and Christ the Redeemer etc. I guess when we get down to the partying and drinking with the lads that's when will need to have my wits about me.

My main concerns though was the football violence, after watching real football factories and seeing other fans being shot at on the bus kinda scares me, as that is one of the only ways I can see us travelling from stadium to stadium. But then i think, would they really do that to tourists, I dunno, they do it to each other so why not?

But then again, how can you NOT go to brazil for a world cup, will be epic!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Had a great time at the Euros so definitely want a do a world cup.

Next three are Brazil, Russia and Qatar so the latter to can fook off. Especially seeing the behaviour of the Russians I saw in Ukraine.

Russia can be like the wild west if you don't box clever ... The Hungry Duck will live with me to my dying day , but rumour is we did well to make it out alive :-)

Â