Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

For me, we've seen Villa at their worst under Houllier, what we've also seen is the potential to be a good team once again, since January, 26 points from 16 games in this Premiership season is the sort of form that would have seen us finish 6th, pushing 5th (since Bent signed, 16 games..) which considering all the problems, is not bad at all.

I guess the board have to make a decision and then go for people???? but unless we are going to get Ancelotti, Moyes or someone who I believe top class I'd rather Houllier stay than bring in Hughes and things change completely again.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but unless we are going to get Ancelotti, Moyes or someone who I believe top class I'd rather Houllier stay than bring in Hughes and things change completely again.

This. No point switching from Houllier to Hughes, but I'd be more than happy with a change to Ancelotti.

Hughes? What's appealing about Allardyce-lite football?

We could get him on a free, and he's a good manager.

Better than keeping Houllier.

Why not go for someone better?

Yeah, for me its either Houllier stays on or we make a fairly ambitious move for manager. Going for the convenient choice does nothing substantial for us. I don't care if he can be had for free because him and his football would bore me to death and we can do better. I mean hey, Curbs can be had for free, lets do it! :drowsy:

hughes is another stop gap IMO, might have a half decent season but i really cant see him being someone who you seriously thought would be here in 5 years time having taken us to CL and beyond etc (thought the same of GH to be fair)

The trouble is our board will dither for the next 6-8 weeks like last time and the likes of ancelotti will be gone and out our reach.

so will end up with another run of the mill manager or houiller.

People can say what they like about uncle doug but he knew when to be ruthless and now is the time.

Hughes is better than most on the current list of potential replacements.

You might be able to argue this, but we have no clue what the Board's list for potential replacements looks like.

Fair point.

Hughes is better than most on the current list of potential replacements.

You might be able to argue this, but we have no clue what the Board's list for potential replacements looks like.

making-list-0808-lg-5041854.jpg

The trouble is our board will dither for the next 6-8 weeks like last time and the likes of ancelotti will be gone and out our reach.

so will end up with another run of the mill manager or houiller.

People can say what they like about uncle doug but he knew when to be ruthless and now is the time.

Last time was a bit different though considering the season had basically began and there was no time for a new manager to go into the transfer market and all though. I would like to think the Board will not drop the ball and is already down to business on this issue and from what I hear it looks like we will know the result as soon as the court case with MON is decided.

Okay what the hell is going on here. I expected the club to act straight away with bringing in a new solid appointment so they've got the WHOLE summer to sort out the deadwood and new signings.

Instead, they'll waiting for the medical report on a manager who's done average (at the very best) to see if he can manage next season. They gave him the all clear when he was appointed as the manager and he had fatal health problems in his very first season before it even ended, so what's stopping it from happening again regardless of the report?

This is literally a joke. We've got the time sort out the shambles now, but everyone is sitting on their arse waiting over to see what the doctor has to say when it makes no blind bit of difference. Just pay him off and move on RL. Put a shift on. We already have Redknapp doing quality signings and I expect a manager to do the same with us right now, especially when we've got a massive mess to sort out.

Houllier has managed two Premier League clubs and had serious health problems at each of them.

Something tells me he isn't cut out for this lark.

Without meaning to sound cold-hearted, Villa have a business to run and the sooner Ged is thanked and paid-off, the better.

Without meaning to sound cold-hearted, Villa have a business to run and the sooner Ged is thanked and paid-off, the better.

There's no room for sentiment in business and running a football club at the end of the day is business!

We need to act quickly or all that will be left out there in the market will be dross like Fat Sam, Curbs or FSW!!

Houllier has managed two Premier League clubs and had serious health problems at each of them.

Something tells me he isn't cut out for this lark.

Depends on whether our soundbites regarding ambition actually match our true ambitions.