Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it goes (in order, and with a realistic hope of getting them in):

1) Lambert

2) Rijkaard

3) Moyes

172727439596969879790504040486839) Benitez

Lambert was dismissed yesterday by Kendrick as he's close friends of St.Martin.

No offence but the local journos know about as much as most of us on here- **** all. Regardless of whether or not Lambert has a good relationship with O'Neill or not, and I'm sure many managers with in the game do, that will not make him or anyone else exempt from the managers job at Aston Villa.

If GH does go - and I think it's probably 90% sure he has (it seems to have gone very quiet, but I may just be closing my ears to it) - the new manager won't come in and get rid of all the players that have been rubbish this year like GH might.

Could there be advantages of GH staying?

For instance - Warnock might get back in the squad, etc.

For me it goes (in order, and with a realistic hope of getting them in):

1) Lambert

2) Rijkaard

3) Moyes

172727439596969879790504040486839) Benitez

Lambert was dismissed yesterday by Kendrick as he's close friends of St.Martin.

No offence but the local journos know about as much as most of us on here- **** all. Regardless of whether or not Lambert has a good relationship with O'Neill or not, and I'm sure many managers with in the game do, that will not make him or anyone else exempt from the managers job at Aston Villa.

Its not my opinion its Kendrick's. I'd have Lambert but not over Quique Sanchez Flores. The list seems to get smaller by the day.

If GH does go - and I think it's probably 90% sure he has (it seems to have gone very quiet, but I may just be closing my ears to it) - the new manager won't come in and get rid of all the players that have been rubbish this year like GH might.

I highly doubt that considering Warnock hates the club, the fans and Birmingham - he wants out more than anyone at the club.

I will be disappointed if the new gaffer gives Warnock another chance.

I don't want to see him in a Villa shirt again after he made his feelings towards the club known.

I highly doubt that considering Warnock hates the club, the fans and Birmingham - he wants out more than anyone at the club.

Sellyoak - do you suspect he'll come out in the media in the closed season and make a "come and get me" plea?

He seems to be a forgotten man, and I doubt manager's are aware of his availability.

In any case, would you like next year to start with Dunne and Collins in defence because the manager wanted to work with what he's got?

I just think keeping GH may have it's advantages.

Sellyoak - do you suspect he'll come out in the media in the closed season and make a "come and get me" plea?

He seems to be a forgotten man, and I doubt manager's are aware of his availability.

In any case, would you like next year to start with Dunne and Collins in defence because the manager wanted to work with what he's got?

I just think keeping GH may have it's advantages.

Dunne and Collins won't be our CB pairing next season. Warnock won't be here either. He'll go back to Blackburn or go to someone like Wigan just so he can be closer to his beloved Blackburn

I don't want to see him in a Villa shirt again after he made his feelings towards the club known.

Made his feeling known? Yes according to a poster on here who claims to be in the know. This is the same Warnock who as far as I'm aware hadn't in the previous decade of his professional career caused an ounce of trouble. Houllier and Gary Mac stroll in to town and suddenly he is a trouble maker and shouting his mouth off. Now I'm not saying that what that so called ITK claims to have happened isn't true but if so it would certainly be totally out of character.

I'm sure the slate will be wiped clean when the new manager comes in and hopefully he can do what the current mob have failed to do - get the best out of a good group of players.

Made his feeling known? Yes according to a poster on here who claims to be in the know. This is the same Warnock who as far as I'm aware hadn't in the previous decade of his professional career caused an ounce of trouble. Houllier and Gary Mac stroll in to town and suddenly he is a trouble maker and shouting his mouth off. Now I'm not saying that what that so called ITK claims to have happened isn't true but if so it would certainly be totally out of character.

I'm sure the slate will be wiped clean when the new manager comes in and hopefully he can do what the current mob have failed to do - get the best out of a good group of players.

Even if he didn't say those things he should still never play again, he's shit

Big Sam would b a great manager but not many fans would want him and there's the danger the football will go back to the hoof rubbish under MON - in fact it could be quite likely.

Moyes, Hughes; OK but not inspiring.

Benitez / Rijkaard; could be risks but they have actually won something Spanish league and European cups - great pedigree but risks nonetheless.

Jol; has he got an inspiring team talk insode him?

Lambert; impressive so far, but coudl he make teh step up?

Houllier hasn't worked out well so far - but his philosophy (playing football bringingt he kids through, creating similar playing structures throughout the club) is definitely teh correct one. BUT the first team isn't doing well at teh moment. We do need big changes and I'd be confident that he'd get the right players out and right ones in - but due to health concerns I doubt he'll get the chnace (quite rightly IMO - we need to safeguard against another rudderless season).

Difficult decisions ahead!

How would that be an advantage exactly?, he was playing awful long before Houllier turned up

I'd be happy with that.

How would that be an advantage exactly?, he was playing awful long before Houllier turned up

I assume he means that if GH stays then Warnock will not play for us, but if he does the door might be open again

Agree, the likes of Warnock / Beye have been a disgrace to the club

**** them off

Houllier hasn't worked out well so far - but his philosophy (playing football bringingt he kids through, creating similar playing structures throughout the club) is definitely teh correct one.

The kids played because we had chronic injuries. The football quality is crap. Even against Newcastle, where we won 1-0, our football was useless, constantly giving the ball away, three shots at goal in the whole game. Against Stoke we managed just the goal by Bent and Gabby's late header on target. Against Wigan we managed just 3 proper efforts on goal. We might keep the ball slightly better, but there is zero end product. The football is no better now than at any time in the past. Surely the results would be the evidence for that? The best we have played all season was the lackburn home game 4-1, the Everton away game, which we should have won and the Wet Spam game, which we nearly threw away.

Also I don't think many peopel realise the extent of how much MON has dropped us in it.

it's easy to say we finished 6th 3 years in a row etc - but look at what Houllier was left with and what a new manager will pick up;

Anaging keeper past his best

A proven unable deputy.

Luke Young - solid reliable (on silly wages)

Habib Beye - waste of space.

Warnock - as above.

A centre half who's been forced into an unfamiliar position (Cuellar)

2 centre halves that have reverted to their form over their careers rather than the successful blip for 3/4 of a season last year. Both are error prone and ultimately unreliable.

Downing - a class player

Young - a good player but ego has grown way too big making himk a disruptive influence on the team - MON didn't help this by declaring him to be 'world class' - he's barely had a good game since Everton away.

Average Midfielders; NRC, Petrov. Good young player but unproven in prem league in Delph

Decnt hard working striker - Gabby, a Striker that doesn't score in Heskey.

And a whole list of young players who weren't given a chance under MON.

Looking at that list of players above if you're forced to inherit who would you realistically want to be a first teamers next season of the above? I'd go for Downing and possibly Luke Young; maybe Ashley if he wants to stop (which is unlikely) and is willing to play where suits the team not which suits Ashley Young.

So if anyone really thinks this is a top 6 squad we inherited think again please.

I'd be happy with that.

Why?