Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbh I'd like Houllier to be given the chance to carry on ( I'd get rid of McAllister he clearly is a problem) rather than appointing Hughes , Moyes , Lambert , Fat Sam etc ..I don't see any of them as an improvement over what we have and we just go backwards and end up starting all over again ... to give a manager less than 1 season just seems a tad barking in my opinion , it takes time to change the thinking at a club ,

Now if we went for Wenger or Jose that's a different argument

What if that manager is seriously ill?

Or shown he's completely useless at most aspects of premiership management?

But he hasn't. :?

Any chance of some reasoning behind these posts.

PS My dad's bigger than your dad, no he isn't, yes he is - theses posts are on that level

It's been discussed and argued many time before Bicks - but the fact was we've copped a load of bullshit this season from many angles and to blame Houllier for all of it or even most of it, is stupid. We had started a little run of form before he got sick and a top half finish was looking good - after he went off sick and MacAllister was put in charge, things have got worse.

It's been discussed and argued many time before Bicks - but the fact was we've copped a load of bullshit this season from many angles and to blame Houllier for all of it or even most of it, is stupid. We had started a little run of form before he got sick and a top half finish was looking good - after he went off sick and MacAllister was put in charge, things have got worse.

Seriously, I very much doubt GH would have made much difference to those results, his substitutions would have been just as bizarre, the defence would have been as useless as it has been all season. I don't get the Gmac is to blame when you have an almost entire season of GH's incompetence to back up the GH is at fault argument, even if it is GMac at the heart of the issues then its still, GH's fault, he appointed him and he's failed to rectify the problem, these last few games haven't been the problem, the entire season has been the problem

You only have to look at Allardyce and Curbishley - both good English managers yet nobody wants them anywhere near Villa.

Because they are both shite not because of their nationality.

Go look up their managerial careers on Wikipedia and then tell me they're shite.

Go look up their managerial careers on Wikipedia and then tell me they're shite.

They're shite!

Go look up the managerial careers of Rijkaard and Ranieri and tell me they're good managers.

IMO there are certain things a premiership manager needs to be good at, houllier has shown he us useless at many of those things. The way we play is not effective, the fact we stuck with a formation that clearly didn't work for 26 games shows how tactically useless he's been. The way we can't hold onto a lead or rarely get back into games when behind is awlful, Our shocking defending, especially from set pieces and his refusal to try and change that till the summer. His disastrous actions and comments to the press. It's a long list of failure.

The only aspect of management he's shown anything in is buying players and really that's still hit and miss and exaggerated by his fans.

For me it goes (in order, and with a realistic hope of getting them in):

1) Lambert

2) Rijkaard

3) Moyes

172727439596969879790504040486839) Benitez

Lambert was dismissed yesterday by Kendrick as he's close friends of St.Martin.

For me it goes (in order, and with a realistic hope of getting them in):

1) Lambert

2) Rijkaard

3) Moyes

172727439596969879790504040486839) Benitez

Lambert was dismissed yesterday by Kendrick as he's close friends of St.Martin.

I'm not going to take that as Gospel 8)

(Il let myself out)