Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pissing me off the amount of Liverpool fans having a go at Villa fans for not wanting Benitez. Acting as if Villa are a nothing club and we should be grateful for having the chance to even talk to him. **** off. Hate Liverpool fans and their over-inflated idea of 'their' club, when most of them live nowhere near Liverpool or have no connections to the club. They decided to support Liverpool because ITV used to make out they had the best fans in the world on Champions League games and they had orgasms over the Kop when in fact it is just a normal football stand. Nothing special at all, although they think they are.

Well said.

agree with you carew_villa, they're a nothing club anymore, certainly no better or more attractive to other clubs' players than us
You are messing right??. Liverpool are still a massive club, and we could only ever wish to have the same size fanbase, and be able to attract the players they can and will. They are dept free now and there club can still pull in over 100mmin profits. Don't forget they got right of the yanks they had. I'll always agree there fans are a bunch of words removed, and I'd love the club to go under, but there is a reason why it never went under.

agree with you carew_villa, they're a nothing club anymore, certainly no better or more attractive to other clubs' players than us
You are messing right??. Liverpool are still a massive club, and we could only ever wish to have the same size fanbase, and be able to attract the players they can and will. They are dept free now and there club can still pull in over 100mmin profits. Don't forget they got right of the yanks they had. I'll always agree there fans are a bunch of words removed, and I'd love the club to go under, but there is a reason why it never went under.

sorry, no they are living off past glories which they will never repeat, they are no better than us, everton etc. They were a massive club in the 70s and 80s but have done precious little since then, their current squad, on the whole, is poor i think

Slightly off topic but if Chelski want the best out of Torres then they'll hire Benitez ... in truth this is the job he's probably holding out for.

Benitez ran Torres into the ground at plop. I'd agree Benitez is awaiting a grandeur appointment.

Well considering how we at little Villa dont want him, good luck to that!

sorry, no they are living off past glories which they will never repeat, they are no better than us, everton etc. They were a massive club in the 70s and 80s but have done precious little since then, their current squad, on the whole, is poor i think

As much as I like to wear my claret and blue spectacles, I suggest you have a look through their roll of honour. F.A. Cup, Champions League, Sper Cup, Charity Shield, League Cups etc all won in the last few years alone. Liverpool appointed a man to kick start them again. Villa appointed the wrong man. Simple as that. I wouldn't mind Liverpool's last ten years on the Villa role call in terms of honours.

You're off your head, go back and look at what they have won since the 80s, you'll find they have won more than us and Everton nailed together, they have won everything but the league. When it comes to us and Liverpool players would pick them way before us because they are better known and a bigger club that can spend more.

Slightly off topic but if Chelski want the best out of Torres then they'll hire Benitez ... in truth this is the job he's probably holding out for.

Benitez ran Torres into the ground at plop. I'd agree Benitez is awaiting a grandeur appointment.

Not sure I understand what you mean but I dont want him.

In the last 10 years alone Liverpool have won the champions league , UEFA cup , FA cup , league cup , pretty much regularly qualfied for champs league in past 10 years etc.

As we've won ...a league cup... 15 years ago.

As much as i love Villa its bit of a weak argument that Liverpool have been nothing since the 80s.

Not sure I understand what you mean but I dont want him.

I dont think you will be on your own in not wanting him here (Me too for another), so if he is not wanted at a club with relatively small aims I cant see him being too popular a choice for those teams bigger than ourselves.

If I were a Chelsea fan and we got Benitez I think id be slightly miffed!

i'll agree to disagree fran

But you can't disagree on matters of fact. You said they haven't won anything in the last 30-40 years, but the fact is that they have won the Champions League, UEFA Cup, 2 FA Cups, and 2 League Cups in the past ten years alone.

I'm proud to be a Villa fan rather than a Liverpool fan, but you simply can't argue that they haven't won more than we have.

I dont think you will be on your own in not wanting him here (Me too for another), so if he is not wanted at a club with relatively small aims I cant see him being too popular a choice for those teams bigger than ourselves.

If I were a Chelsea fan and we got Benitez I think id be slightly miffed!

Oh I'm with you on all of that. Someone said he's turned down 2 international jobs, a serie A job and the west brom position, so I dont know what he's waiting for but it better not be us!!

Pissing me off the amount of Liverpool fans having a go at Villa fans for not wanting Benitez. Acting as if Villa are a nothing club and we should be grateful for having the chance to even talk to him. **** off. Hate Liverpool fans and their over-inflated idea of 'their' club, when most of them live nowhere near Liverpool or have no connections to the club. They decided to support Liverpool because ITV used to make out they had the best fans in the world on Champions League games and they had orgasms over the Kop when in fact it is just a normal football stand. Nothing special at all, although they think they are.

Anyone else see the irony here? I don't like Liverpool fans but I pretty much think most football fans, no matter who they support, are just as bad as each other. To think Liverpool are a nothing club is absolutely ridiculous. They won the Champion's League only a few years ago and we still go on about our European glories over 20 years ago!

Fran, this doesn't happen often mate, but I am in complete agreement with you :P

British jobs for British people! :x

Before anyone calls me racist, I just feel that we were better suited to having a British manager with a lot of good, young English talent (didn't we have 7 players called into an England squad once?)

British jobs for British people! :x

Before anyone calls me racist, I just feel that we were better suited to having a British manager with a lot of good, young English talent (didn't we have 7 players called into an England squad once?)

Hang on, didn't you say before you only thought it was necessary that the England job had an English manager. Nationality makes no difference when it comes to the Villa manager. If he can speak good English and knows the league then what's the problem?