Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

1) Sven

2) Moyes

3) Hughes

I hope your choice of 'Sven' is with tongue firmly in cheek! :o

Sven has a very good record. Wish we'd chosen him instead of GH when we had the chance.

He had money to spend at Leicester and by the looks of it won't get them promoted.

If you going to go that low then i'd prefer Warnock, but even he wouldn't be anywhere near my first choice.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No thanks to Moyes, we should aim higher

I'd like somebody without anyt connection to the City of Liverpool

For me, Moyes has way too much Everton baggage

Who in your opinion would be aiming higher?

1. Rijkaard

2. Van Basten

3. Van Gaal

Of those only one is proven. The first two are poor managers.

says who ?

DelboyVilla wrote:

Quote:

Somebody whos actually won something for a start

Well I would further caveat that and say won something recently then as Houllier has won trophies in the past and has proved that the past means very little?

DelboyVilla wrote:

Quote:

Well I would further caveat that and say won something recently then as Houllier has won trophies in the past and has proved that the past means very little?

fair point!!

DelboyVilla wrote:

Quote:

Lots of managers before have won things then went on to do **** all at other clubs. Houllier has been one of these managers here, he's to unhealthy and old for it now anyway.

David Moyes is a great manager ... hes a players manager ie a man manager ..gets the best out of player , you can say he hasnt won anything -- but did get Everton to the champions league without spending big money (yes went out but) ... also a FA cup final ... Moyes would be class at villa with the backing of Randy!!

David Moyes is a great manager ... hes a players manager ie a man manager ..gets the best out of player , you can say he hasnt won anything -- but did get Everton to the champions league without spending big money (yes went out but) ... also a FA cup final ... Moyes would be class at villa with the backing of Randy!!
Tbf, he didn't really get them to the champs league either. They missed out on it at the first attempt.

And IMO the steading hand we need ATM? I think he could work well we most of our current players and would have their immediate respect?

Why would he get immediate respect? How do you know if some players don't rate him or like him? Personally I think getting a new manager will sort part (granted a big part) of the problem.. whilst results may improve the bad atmosphere at BMH will not go away until certain players are shifted too (imo of course)

Why would he get immediate respect? How do you know if some players don't rate him or like him? Personally I think getting a new manager will sort part (granted a big part) of the problem.. whilst results may improve the bad atmosphere at BMH will not go away until certain players are shifted too (imo of course)

Well I personally have never heard of any unrest in his Everton squads over the years? In fact I have never heard anyone in football say a bad word against Moyes, I may be wrong however?

MON seemed to be able to keep this squad of players in line generally (or at least it never affected performances on the pitch) but we all upset people from time to time.

Everton squad and Villa squad are two different things with different personalities.. I'm not saying they won't respect him but the automatic assumption people have on here that Moyes will come and make it all better is far from the reality imo.. he'll get us better results i'd imagine but off the pitch is what concerns me.

Moyes will sort that squad and command respect because he can man manage, thats where the issue lies with Houllier, he set all these ground rules but some players react differently, lets be truthful here how can you tell players to move close to BMH and then sign a player who travels from London with a paid driver.

or indeed take them on a "bonding" trip and then **** off halfway through the event to go and watch Tottingham play, leaving the players to a free for all at a paid bar

It was a "bonding"trip

He probably should have stuck around to "bond" with the team IMO

Leaving halfway throughthe day would IMO have had a more damaging effect

Them & Us n all that

or indeed take them on a "bonding" trip and then **** off halfway through the event to go and watch Tottingham play, leaving the players to a free for all at a paid bar

He's not the Headmaster of a **** primary school

He was once, i think :lol:

Talking about that Spurs v AC Milan trip, someone who works at Birmingham airport said yesterday that Kevin Prince Boateng was boarding a flight yesterday...What was he doing in Birmingham?

Houllier goes to watch AC Milan play, KPB is spotted at Birmingham airport....Hmmm

"Rumour started by me"

He's not the Headmaster of a **** primary school

He was once, i think :lol:

Haha true, that slipped my mind. But still, the idea that he should've been around to babysit the players is laughable. I hope he got their parents permission slips anyway.