Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

This is all pointless talk anyway if randy and the board are giving houllier every chance to recover, surely that means they dont plan to replace him unless hes advised not too return too the dugout? Moyes would be a great appointment though i dont see many other proven premiership managers out there plus he would have atleast some money to spend here with an already half decent squad.

But we can't afford to give him every chance to recover. That sounds harsh, but we can't let him recuperate at home and let Villa fall further backwards. We have to make an immediate decision when the season ends. he's either fit for work or he HAS TO LEAVE. There should be no sentiment in this decision else we face another nightmare next season.

We should break the bank for Moyes.

I agree definitely but will randy be that ruthless? Time will tell i guess.

Well he's been here 5 years now. If he hasn't toughened up by now he never will.

Houllier's a decent man though. If he feels like he can't continue I think he'll resign right after the season ends. leaving Villa free to get a new man in.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is all pointless talk anyway if randy and the board are giving houllier every chance to recover, surely that means they dont plan to replace him unless hes advised not too return too the dugout? Moyes would be a great appointment though i dont see many other proven premiership managers out there plus he would have atleast some money to spend here with an already half decent squad.

But we can't afford to give him every chance to recover. That sounds harsh, but we can't let him recuperate at home and let Villa fall further backwards. We have to make an immediate decision when the season ends. he's either fit for work or he HAS TO LEAVE. There should be no sentiment in this decision else we face another nightmare next season.

We should break the bank for Moyes.

I agree definitely but will randy be that ruthless? Time will tell i guess.

Well he's been here 5 years now. If he hasn't toughened up by now he never will.

Houllier's a decent man though. If he feels like he can't continue I think he'll resign right after the season ends. leaving Villa free to get a new man in.

See, that's the problem with the club. They won't act now. They're actaully willing to waste time until Houllier's say so when he hasn't even earnt that privilege. Ellis may have been tight, but he was ruthless when it was needed. No wonder the players feel they can do anything they want when we've got a soft chairman like Randy who can easily be taken advantage.

That or they cant speak to managers currently attached to a club. So wait for 2 weeks after the end of the season. Cut Houllier out and bring in a replacement instantly = good business.

Sack houllier now, try and talk to managers, who still have a job to do and get pissed off with the club, so stay where they are. Spend a month without a manager before bringing in somebody half-hearted and shit = lose our players and look like a shitly run club.

That or they cant speak to managers currently attached to a club. So wait for 2 weeks after the end of the season. Cut Houllier out and bring in a replacement instantly = good business.

Sack houllier now, try and talk to managers, who still have a job to do and get pissed off with the club, so stay where they are. Spend a month without a manager before bringing in somebody half-hearted and shit = lose our players and look like a shitly run club.

Are you saying we're currently a well run club? :D

We wouldn't have to 'sack' Houllier. He should have (at the very least) left by mutual consent before the West Brom game giving us a better option than Gary Mac who's the cancer of this club.

I agree with this Shoody.... the end of the season is a mere two weeks away. I'm sure the 'positive' stories supporting GH by the club are to aid his recovery and to instil some continuity with the team.

It would be disastorous to announce we're looking for a new manager whilst there's 2 games to play for - the players hardly know whether they're coming or going as it is!!!

I don't expect Randy to flog GH to death at all and I can see him asking GH to step down due to health reasons and then we'll begin to officially sound out candidates (all IMHO!)

We wouldn't have to 'sack' Houllier. He should have (at the very least) left by mutual consent before the West Brom game giving us a better option than Gary Mac who's the cancer of this club.

Do you think actually sacking Houllier and Gary Mac today would help us this season?

Do you think actually sacking Houllier and Gary Mac today would help us this season?

I don't think we'll get any points from our next two games anyways, so it probably wouldn't make much difference if they were at the club or not.

Realistically though, I think we need to get rid of them as soon as the final whistle goes against Liverpool. Whether that happens or not, I've got no idea.

I hope the board see sense and realise they made a bad decision appointing these two, and in order for us to improve next year, we need a fresh approach.

Come on Randy, no more Mr Nice Guy. Fill in their P45s and start looking for a management team that can actually help us work towards making Aston Villa a successful team once more.

I dont think the team is run well at the moment. But the club is on its way to being run very well yes. With the wage bill being reduced, revenue has been increasing year on year since Randy took over, the club listens to the fans a lot more than most other clubs (but not to the point where its to the detriment of the team a la Portsmouth).

The team and the club are two very different things, yes they are linked. But the way that Randy is trying to get the club as a business is run very well.

That does not mean Houllier has run the team very well. If we were to sack our manager now and sack GMac now, we'd have to get our 5th manager of the season in. Spend a month without a manager, then appoint our 6th manager in 12 months. That is not a well run club, that is Newcastle territory. We are not Newcastle.

So to answer your question, yes I do think the club is run well.

Get rid of them both now bring in a managerial team capable of doing a decent job

like previous poster said we wont get any points from our next two games anyway and we wont go down..

Under GMac with Houllier apparently still advising him/pulling his strings I don't see us taking another point from this season. Therefore getting rid of dumb and dumber now certainly wouldn't do any harm.

Dependent on who we have lined up and it is my belief that wheels are in motion on a replacement then they may well be able to come in now and set the wheels in motion to putting the **** ups this season right and hit the ground running at the start of next.

And what if we dont have anybody lined up because they are still doing their job? We'll look stupid going a month without a manager again.

If no one can come in from outside before the end of the season, which is 2 weeks away, then go with Kev Mac. He'd certainly be a better option than GMac who couldn't manage/coach a pub team let alone a top 6 Premier League team which is what we'd established ourselves as before these pair of incompetent pratts rolled in to B6.

time waits for no man! randy must act as soon as the ref blows up after the liverpool game,we need a new manager along with his staff settled along with new blood, if we keep this stale smell floating around the likes of ash will be off & downing too. IF randy brought in a moyes! who knows..ash might stay! im sure if gh stays ash will do1