Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

How about the nightmare scenario - GH out of hospital and goes upstairs leaving GM as the manager?

As GM is saying they are working on Summer transfer targets that isn't that far fetched but is a recipe for bloody disaster

HERE

A fear I share, it would be a disaster.

At leats GM wont put his foot in it with the media, in fact he seems quite good with them. Cant say it would be my first choice though.

No he would just run the team into the ground. Never mind 1st choice he wouldn't be even make the bottom of my list.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impressive but Moyes and Big Sam have never managed big clubs like Liverpool and Inter Milan so it's to be expected that Rafa would have won more trophies.

Please give it up on Big Sam. I somewhat understand being interested in an English manager, but we shouldn't sacrifice quality for nationality. Big Sam is nothing more than mediocre, and appointing him is the best way to ensure we always finish between 7th and 12th (ha!).

He's managed several different Premier League clubs and has been sacked each time. I would be more upset with us hiring him than I would be with any other imaginable appointment.

Well he's managed three, and been sacked twice - both spectacularly stupid decisions which have backfired on the clubs in question and resulting in the clubs being relegated (or on their way).

Just a small point on Fat Sam seeing as he is being discussed, personally I would certainly question the logic of replacing a manager who appears to have suffered a recurrence of a heart issue with a manager who has himself previously had heart surgery.

For that reason alone I think should Houllier go then Allardyce would be an unlikely name to feature on any shortlist.

Impressive but Moyes and Big Sam have never managed big clubs like Liverpool and Inter Milan so it's to be expected that Rafa would have won more trophies.

Thats exacly the point - Most teams no how limited Alladyce would be football , so they stay well clear of managers like him.

If SA is as good as everyone say he why has he not won more.

MON won loads with the small teams he managed, As did Alex Ferguson when he was at Aberdeen. Rafa won the LA liga with Valencia....!

Good/great managers dont need to be at a big club to impress and succeed. A great manager will be able to get a small team to perform at much higher than expectations and will get credit for that, which is why they move to bigger clubs. The managers you keep talking about have not done this [bar Moyes who has been very consistent with little money] Big Sam is very good at making a team safe from relegation with an outside chance of midtable. Not exactly well above expectations for Bolton, Newcastle and Blackburn - its just where they should have been. He's a midtable manager at best.

I've just thought of the perfect manager for us. Why couldn't Arsene Wenger come join us? His really unappreciated by the Arsenal fans after all his done for them and we would welcome him without any intense pressure. He would be a step up from Houllier in terms of success. The Arsenal board will probably keep him though due to financial reasons, but it's a long shot. :)

Its not out of the realm of possibility but I'd expect him to go to a big club abroad if he left Arsenal, he'll definitely stay there though cant think of many that could replace him with their style, maybe Van Gaal or Guardiola

Moyes bemused by reports linking him to us. Saying he's at a great club and doesn't know what else to say.

Not really going to say anything else though was he. We still have a manager, the season still has a month to run, and Kenwright hasn't sold Rodwell yet!

Everton boss David Moyes is bemused by reports linking him with Aston Villa.

Moyes' future has been the subject of recurring speculation this season but the Scot has continually insisted he is happy at Goodison Park.

That was again the case when asked today about the Villa rumours, which have arisen due to the ill health of current manager Gerard Houllier.

"It is nothing to do with me," said 48-year-old Moyes, who has been in charge at Goodison Park for nine years.

"I am at a great club and have got a great job. I don't know what to say."

Moyes was speaking at a press conference to preview his side's Barclays Premier League trip to Wigan tomorrow.

The Mirror

Moyes chooses who comes and goes at Everton, if Rodwell leaves it will be with his blessing. Reiterated publically by CEO at EFC fans conference 10 days ago.

He also believes we have someone in the same position as Rodwell coming through who is just as good, if not better. Just saying :)

Moyes chooses who comes and goes at Everton, if Rodwell leaves it will be with his blessing. Reiterated publically by CEO at EFC fans conference 10 days ago.

He also believes we have someone in the same position as Rodwell coming through who is just as good, if not better. Just saying :)

So therumours about him HAVING t osell and not getting the money to replace are wrong then? - don't think so 'judy'