I want a refund!!!!! angry.com

Strangeways

What a shocker of a night, freezing cold / shocking performance / heckled all the way back to the car. Absolutely disgusted and ANGRY with the team that houllier put out last night we gave up before we even started!!, im all for blooding youngsters but that was a reserve team more or less last night and we were shocking. I would like the club to inform the fans way before match day if they have no intention of putting out the first team.

I would like a refund for my 2 tickets, petrol money and the unbelievably poor meat and potatoe pie........

Rant over, season over.

Oh and sorry to the messageboard police if this is in the wrong place!!!!!!

What a shocker of a night, freezing cold / shocking performance / heckled all the way back to the car. Absolutely disgusted and ANGRY with the team that houllier put out last night we gave up before we even started!!, im all for blooding youngsters but that was a reserve team more or less last night and we were shocking. I would like the club to inform the fans way before match day if they have no intention of putting out the first team.

I would like a refund for my 2 tickets, petrol money and the unbelievably poor meat and potatoe pie........

Rant over, season over.

Oh and sorry to the messageboard police if this is in the wrong place!!!!!!

I think you'll have to get your pie refund from City.

That's one thing that was out of Houlliers hands.

Look im pissed off about the selection but you had Friedel, Dunne, Clark, Delph, Petrov, Gabby, Heskey - who all are first team players. Then you had Bannan and Delfounseo who play in the FA cup ties normally. Bradley who is a US international and has been given a chance in the cup. The only issue I had was Herd at right back when we have Walker!

Look im pissed off about the selection but you had Friedel, Dunne, Clark, Delph, Petrov, Gabby, Heskey - who all are first team players. Then you had Bannan and Delfounseo who play in the FA cup ties normally. Bradley who is a US international and has been given a chance in the cup. The only issue I had was Herd at right back when we have Walker!

We had Delph out of position as we have an England international left back who the manager as fallen out with. We had a midfielder in Herd making his first senior start as a right back with a perfectly good one sat on the bench, a perfectly good one training with the reserves and a perfectly good one out on loan.

We had a striker in Delfouneso playing right midflield/wing, we had a striker in Agbonlahor playing left midfield/wing whislt three wingers who'd played one game in the previous 18 days sat scratching their arses on the bench.

We had Bradley who hadn't started a competetive game in months making his first start for us whilst Reo Coker arguably our best performer over the last few games was sat watching the others scratch their arses on the bench.

It was unnacceptable from Houller. Simple as that.

We had Delph out of position as we have an England international left back who the manager as fallen out with. We had a midfielder in Herd making his first senior start as a right back with a perfectly good one sat on the bench, a perfectly good one training with the reserves and a perfectly good one out on loan.

We had a striker in Delfouneso playing right midflield/wing, we had a striker in Agbonlahor playing left midfield/wing whislt three wingers who'd played one game in the previous 18 days sat scratching their arses on the bench.

We had Bradley who hadn't started a competetive game in months making his first start for us whilst Reo Coker arguably our best performer over the last few games was sat watching the others scratch their arses on the bench.

It was unnacceptable from Houller. Simple as that.

Absolutely this. Nail on the head sir.

The bit that was the best for me was when Mr Houllier says 'Young and Downing wouldnt have stopped that first goal' - well not they probably wouldn't have mate, but we might have 1 or 2 decent attacks in the game and perhaps looked like scoring a goal.

His decision making is appalling. To make subs on 70 mins at 3-0 nil is shocking. Im so angry its untrue. To basically give away our only chance of any success this season is unforgivable. Im wasting no more money on away games and I wont renew in the summer unless he goes.

Houllier out.

heckled all the way back to the car.

:crylaugh:

At a football match????? No way!!! The countries in a worse state than i imagined.

Look I agree the team selection was wrong by a mile and my opinion of Houllier is changing rapidly. But thats football. By supporting a team you take the risk that things might not go your way.

fair play for going up, but come on

Do I want a refund? No you pays your money you takes ya chance.

What I would like is a manager that gives us a chance and stops **** us from behind

The sooner that idiot is out of our club the better.

Never have I been so angry watching AVFC and I've seen some shit in my time.

At a football match????? No way!!! The countries in a worse state than i imagined.

Look I agree the team selection was wrong by a mile and my opinion of Houllier is changing rapidly. But thats football. By supporting a team you take the risk that things might not go your way.

I agree with Strangeways and Mark AVFC40, and I don't say the latter very often! Last night was wrong IMO. I was really p'd off to get into the stand and here that selection. At least, the club should inform the fans if they are going to prioritise IMO.

I agree with Strangeways and Mark AVFC40, and I don't say the latter very often! Last night was wrong IMO. I was really p'd off to get into the stand and here that selection. At least, the club should inform the fans if they are going to prioritise IMO.

Not for me, the unkown is what makes football great!! FWIW, Id give my right arm for the opportunity to go every week atm. Thats not me trying to be a 'better fan' - its probably why we dont agree on this. I dont go very often and u guys probably do.

Woodytom - I'm sure you would love to go to more games and if you were able, I'm absolutely certain that if you were forking out your hard earned money, taking time from work etc etc you would have a slightly different view

Woodytom - I'm sure you would love to go to more games and if you were able, I'm absolutely certain that if you were forking out your hard earned money, taking time from work etc etc you would have a slightly different view

Spot on.

There are no guarantees in football, just as in life, and this is part of what makes it interesting and makes the highs even better. However, its not the going and losing that is so frustrating its the going and losing but knowing that you could have and should have done better but that your side has been hamstrung from competing by poor selections. Its the turning up with hope of a great victory but having that hope beaten out of you as soon as you hear the team selections and before the game had even kicked off.

All we can ask as fans is that the chairman does his best to create an environment that allows the club to achieve its maximum potential (I think Randy is doing his best to deliver this), that the manager carries this through via training, team selection and tactics and that the players deliver to the maximum of their abilities. Ged let us down in this respect last night and that is not easy to take especially when the fans have fulfilled their part of the bargain by turning out for a mid week away game in such numbers.

Isnt that what i posted tho. I still wouldnt want a refund!!!

Spot on.

There are no guarantees in football, just as in life, and this is part of what makes it interesting and makes the highs even better. However, its not the going and losing that is so frustrating its the going and losing but knowing that you could have and should have done better but that your side has been hamstrung from competing by poor selections. Its the turning up with hope of a great victory but having that hope beaten out of you as soon as you hear the team selections and before the game had even kicked off.

All we can ask as fans is that the chairman does his best to create an environment that allows the club to achieve its maximum potential (I think Randy is doing his best to deliver this), that the manager carries this through via training, team selection and tactics and that the players deliver to the maximum of their abilities. Ged let us down in this respect last night and that is not easy to take especially when the fans have fulfilled their part of the bargain by turning out for a mid week away game in such numbers.

Totally agree with everything you say. But i just wouldnt ask for a refund. We may have got beat 4-0 again had the entire first team been out!!

You paid the price of the ticket and you got to see the game. Wasnt a very good performance and that may have been due to the team selection but you definately saw Man City v Aston Villa

I do tend to agree with the originator of this thread.

For me this was an ideal opportunity to beat Man City, who, let's face it, have not been have a great time in the last month. 5 points out of 5 games in the league. Struggling away at Notts County, and also involved in the Europa league. Even Macinni himself said the side were 'tired' after the Fulham game on Sunday.

IF we had went out with the same side that beat Blackburn the weekend,I really really think we could of won. And I think most villa fans travelling up expected us to be fully committed to winning this game with our first team.

YES.. a lot of the players picked have got international experience. BUT Holloway said that when he picked him B team against us.

That team last night was our second team. B team. It's my belief that Houllier had no intention of us winning last night. He lied to us when he said the FA cup was important. We should be fined as much as Blackpool and Wolves were.

And if I have known our B team was being played last night, I too would not of travelled to Manchester.

Thanks Mr. Houlllier for screwing up our chances.

That team (although I believe it was very wrong), is what people have been crying out for months. Bannan, Delph Delfouneso all in playing. Yeah some playing out of position but most games we have players out of position.

The match thread before and just after the announcement of the team is quite interesting. A lot of ppl asking for rotation, and some very positive comments about the selection.

Now im firmly in the knowledge that our squad players are nowhere near good enough. Youth players - Nowhere near good enough and Im not a big fan of rotation.

But (and Im not saying its you guys), this site is full of ppl asking for what they received last night.

That team (although I believe it was very wrong), is what people have been crying out for months. Bannan, Delph Delfouneso all in playing. Yeah some playing out of position but most games we have players out of position.

You must have been on a different site to me because I haven't seen many people asking for:

- Herd at RB when Kyle Walker is sitting on the bench

- A team without Ash, DJ or Albie

- A CM without NRC after the last few games

I think most of us want to see more playing time for Bannan, Delph and the Fonz but in the right set up/formation, at the right time and in the right games. I would have happily seen a team of:

Same back 5 as Blackburn.

--------- NRC --- Bannan ------

Gab --------- Ash ----------- DJ

------------- Heskey ------------

With Albie and Nathan getting on in place of, say, Gab and Heskey after 60 and Bradley given 20 minutes for NRC or Bannan subject to the game/injuries obviously.

We want to see them play but in an environment/formation/team where they have given the maximum opportunity to express their talents.

You must have been on a different site to me because I haven't seen many people asking for:

- Herd at RB when Kyle Walker is sitting on the bench

- A team without Ash, DJ or Albie

- A CM without NRC after the last few games

I think most of us want to see more playing time for Bannan, Delph and the Fonz but in the right set up/formation, at the right time and in the right games. I would have happily seen a team of:

Same back 5 as Blackburn.

--------- NRC --- Bannan ------

Gab --------- Ash ----------- DJ

------------- Heskey ------------

With Albie and Nathan getting on in place of, say, Gab and Heskey after 60 and Bradley given 20 minutes for NRC or Bannan subject to the game/injuries obviously.

We want to see them play but in an environment/formation/team where they have given the maximum opportunity to express their talents.

Were gettin away from the point that my post is in general terms. I dont dispute your opinion regarding the selection. It wasnt right. Im just pointing out that a refund isnt necessary.

On your ticket it will have said Man City versus Aston Villa. That is what you saw. All players were members of the first team squad. Had the u18s ran onto the field, go get your refund.

Â