Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

i can echo some of stans concerns. Given the money and wages involved why were these things not available during the summer. Surely its better to spend 24m when were pushing for champions league rather than in a relegation battle. Sounds like a panic signing, not necessarily a long term deal. My other concern is whether this is a Houllier signing or a Lerner/Faulker one?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im still confused about our transfer strategy. I was under the impression that the Houllier years would see us scouring europe for talent. Nearly all our links so far are 'MON' signings.
Makoun is far from a MON signing and I don't think Bent is either. Let's be honest, if MON was given the money he'd only go out and buy Carlton Cole or Robbie Keane.

Thing with Bent is

He thrives on confidence if he has a bad game lets just get behind him and not let his head drop otherwise were **** it happened when he was at spurs and had a poor run of form

I think he will be a fan favourite though

Good news if true, so the final price is still yet to be confirmed? £24m or £18m?

i'd of offered 16 million and ireland, ifd he doesnt want to play or do people think a signing like this might make he see some sense and want to stop around and try, also i hope this shows ash our intent and he signs new contract.

VT is in Meltdown so you were right MM. Selly has a sneaky source aswell, he gets his accurate bits now and then. I don't mind the fee if he carrys on the way he has for the last few seasons. Good to hear we are still after people aswell. Something must have pissed Randy off, he's going out all guns blazing. Maybe Holloway did it.

I need a secretary full time I am at 1003 posts seriously I can't keep up and I can't get on the site to open them up . So can't answer PM'S I said melt down trust me we are in for an Indian summer over the next 2 weeks .

We aint finished loading the basket .

i can echo some of stans concerns. Given the money and wages involved why were these things not available during the summer. Surely its better to spend 24m when were pushing for champions league rather than in a relegation battle. Sounds like a panic signing, not necessarily a long term deal. My other concern is whether this is a Houllier signing or a Lerner/Faulker one?

People say this all of the time and it really annoys me. For a start it's obvious MON could NOT be trusted with transfer funds, why do you think he walked. If you sent someone to the shop to buy you Russian Standard and they came back with Aldi's own every single time would you tell them to go every single time? Think about it...

im still confused about our transfer strategy. I was under the impression that the Houllier years would see us scouring europe for talent. Nearly all our links so far are 'MON' signings.
Makoun is far from a MON signing and I don't think Bent is either. Let's be honest, if MON was given the money he'd only go out and buy Carlton Cole or Robbie Keane.

MON had the chance to buy him for £10m.

I need a secretary full time I am at 1003 posts seriously I can't keep up and I can't get on the site to open them up . So can't answer PM'S I said melt down trust me we are in for an Indian summer over the next 2 weeks .

We aint finished loading the basket .

Any bones you can drop?

Anything as big as this? All the ones we've known about so far or some surprises?

Cheers MM!

I have to say that after a very testing few months as a villa fan, this has been a good day.

It was about time we showed some intent and this signing and the fee paid shows Randy is ready to take another stab at it.

I bet holloway feels like a right clearing in the woods about his comments now (but he was born a clearing in the woods, so who knows) Maybe we should up the offer to 3.75m and Salifou to really send him into multiple orgasm mode

UTV