415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So since Thursday morning, the vote has gone from 270/39 to 285/89. So in the last 29 hours we've had 50 (77%) votes in favour of backing him, as oppsed to 87% in favour of sacking him in the preceeding 10 hours. Very strange voting patterns.

Reaction and reflection votes. Nothing has changed in reality but people have had time to relfect on the situation and think about it rather than reacting to a defeat and voting.

On reflection I dont really know which way to vote, so I havnt, though the more I think about it the more I think we need to get rid.

My problem would be we must have a good replacement on hand if we are to sack him. We cant waste this window and we cant be left in the shit, which is more than likely to happen if we do sack him.

Think you're a tad unfair on Big Sam, plays football to the quality of player he has got. We've hardly ever been an Arsenal or barcelona. Personally not much different to MON's football except MON had better players.Do you honestly think that if we appointed BFS instead of Houllier in September, we'd be in this mess?

No i dont think we would be in this mess. But what you see is what you get and we'd finish 15th-12th every season.

I have faith GH will turn things around and make us play a better brand of football to compete with the top. It's just going to take a while to get there.

(obviously it isnt working at the moment.... but there's obvious issues which need to be fixed before it can work)

But i'd rather we try play football in a better way and lose a few game for that reason instead of losing games for the reason of playing hoofball with no plan B.

So since Thursday morning, the vote has gone from 270/39 to 285/89. So in the last 29 hours we've had 50 (77%) votes in favour of backing him, as oppsed to 87% in favour of sacking him in the preceeding 10 hours. Very strange voting patterns.
Sty fans

MatKendrick

#avfc A: I belong to this exclusive private club of four people under great pressure and I'm delighted to be in such company

the man shouldn't be running a corner shop, never mind a former top six prem football club, **** wack job!!

Sty fans

No, it's not actually. In reflection i voted back him. Your opinion doesnt count for every Villa fan.

Matt Kendrick Twitter

#avfc Q: Gerard, are you worried about your job?

5 minutes ago via web

#avfc A: I belong to this exclusive private club of four people under great pressure and I'm delighted to be in such company

4 minutes ago via web

Sty fans

Or people who don't fly off the handle after a game didn't go their way and take time to calm down and think things through before making their decision.

Just because people have a different opinion to you doesn't mean they don't support the Villa Fran, don't be so small minded.

Sty fans

No, it's not actually. In reflection i voted back him. Your opinion doesnt count for every Villa fan.

No, but honesly think some of them votes are Sty fans voting on this board. if you back him thats your opinion and good on you.

Matt Kendrick Twitter

#avfc Q: Gerard, are you worried about your job?

5 minutes ago via web

4 minutes ago via web

Bin Dunne :winkold:

Yes obv visiting fans who find our predicament amusing.
yep, thats what i think. i people want him here thats fair enough, i think there is fans coming on the site to boost his numbers though,may not even be sha fans.

Think you're a tad unfair on Big Sam, plays football to the quality of player he has got. We've hardly ever been an Arsenal or barcelona. Personally not much different to MON's football except MON had better players.Do you honestly think that if we appointed BFS instead of Houllier in September, we'd be in this mess?

No i dont think we would be in this mess. But what you see is what you get and we'd finish 15th-12th every season.

Not that I want big Sam but I can't see your basis for this. Given that he was consistently getting Bolton into or around the European places and Blackburn have been top half under Sam.

Yes obv visiting fans who find our predicament amusing.
yep, thats what i think. i people want him here thats fair enough, i think there is fans coming on the site to boost his numbers though,may not even be sha fans.

Well Pires was voted man of the match against Man City on here so polls are not always 100% accurate!!

Sty fans

Or people who don't fly off the handle after a game didn't go their way and take time to calm down and think things through before making their decision.

Just because people have a different opinion to you doesn't mean they don't support the Villa Fran, don't be so small minded.

you saying people people that vote against him are just flying off the handle, get a grip thats there opinion just as much as you have yours.. this manager deserves everything he gets anyway.

Not that I want big Sam but I can't see your basis for this. Given that he was consistently getting Bolton into or around the European places and Blackburn have been top half under Sam.

I want him here now because i honestly think he would keep us up, but i can understand why some fans wouldnt want him here.

Back him. I can't help but blame the players - whoever caused trouble and difficulty resisting any hope of Houllier having a positive influence on the club are a disgrace to me. They get paid an enormous amount of money and are employed by the club, to be run by this manager. It is too easy to blame the manager. I have very little respect for footballers and to look at them at Villa now, and those that play for England, and all the other clearing in the woods footballers around the world causing disgraces with their ego's, it is not hard for me to side with a manager who has the track record and experience that Houllier has.

I think it's a shame how much negativity exists at Villa, and especially all the disgraceful things that get said about the manager - because the abuse is shameful too, and a sad reflection on us. It's not a good situation, granted, and Houllier has to sort this out and get it right but the players do too. Sacking him now feels like a risk just as much as backing him. The problems existed before Houllier came, they are not from Houllier - he just hasn't managed to sort them out, which is admittedly worrying. We might have lost that Sunderland game last season, I think it was rather hopeful for everyone to expect things to suddenly become rosy after the Chelsea result (which admittedly looks less impressive now Wolves beat them). I don't know. It's bad that Heskey is going to be suspended. The team were ok against Sunderland, who are a decent team now, and full of confidence. I don't like this situation but I think this is a 'we're all in it together' situation now and we are going to have to trust the manager and get behind the team.

Â