415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with booing at the end, well dont agree, but sympathise.

I just dont think it helped during the game, there was still enough time to get something out of the game, which is surely a more important issue than booing Houllier.

What took me by surprise was the sheer amount of people who joined in, untill that point it was the loudest moment of the game.

And another thing; singing the names of players sat on the bench is equally as unproductive.

Am I the only one who doesn't give a shit about winning against sheffield united? It hasn't got points at stake so I'm not bothered right now.

Its like moscow all over again instead this time instead of trying to secure a spot in the top 4 its more a case of us securing our premiership status.

stead of aiming for 4th from top we are aiming for 4th from bottom

Good man. I was equally as livid.

I turned around and scowled at a couple of people before the mrs warned me about getting myself into trouble.

I was a little worried about getting trouble as he was doing exactly the same. I'm probably just a little more reserved than to stand up to most of the back of the upper holte but I agree with his stance.

I've never booed at a match and I dont think any of the negative chants have ever come to any good for any club.

I don't buy this fickle thing. I just think Villa fans are by and large correct in their inklings. Whether you like it or not, the days of being given years to build a team are over. I would prefer the term 'discerning' to 'fickle'. I think Villa fans can usually work out what they're being sold and whether the like it or not pretty quickly.

Well, I can see you are a member of Richard's cohort! ... A tendency to mis-read!

You can see nothing of the sort.

Unfortunately for me, I've read your 'article' and your other bits of cheerleading and instruction to people.

I'm sorry that you don't take criticism very well (I suppose few of us do, really) but if you're going to make claims, assumptions about the future and predictions about what is the only path to be travelled then expect to have some people disagree and point out what they dislike about what you say.

Well it appears that what you accuse me of, you're also quilty!

There's no "instruction" from me ... only "encouragement" - just like some others on VT. And I get people who are opposed to my point of view and others who are not. Just like some others on VT.

And regarding your tendency to mis-read, nowhere have I given predictions except to infer that positive action will produce positive results. And that's wrong, is it?

I can honestly say I have never been so disgusted with Villa fans than I was last night when the sacked in the morning chants started ringing round, the media have picked up on it and we are even more of a laughing stock than we originally were, so well done to anyone who opened their mouths. No wonder we get called fickle
Eh,Liverpool fans did it to woy the other week, because both these managers deserve it.

I couldn't give two shits what Liverpool do, I support Aston Villa Football Club, do you?

I sure do, but these things happen to managers that **** up clubs, so imho they get what they deserve. he should be kicked of the club not booed if you ask me.

Sacked in the morning is something you sing at other clubs managers, not your own!! It is **** embarrassing and I was not alone with feeling disgusted.

I recall villa fans doing the same shortly before DOL got the bullet fact of the matter is the fans are not happy with him and he's done himself no favours getting the fans on side.

What has being fickle got anything to do with it? i think the fans are well within their right to give the manager a load of bollocks considering we have gone from a top 6 side to relegation candidates practically overnight

Good man. I was equally as livid.

I turned around and scowled at a couple of people before the mrs warned me about getting myself into trouble.

I was a little worried about getting trouble as he was doing exactly the same. I'm probably just a little more reserved than to stand up to most of the back of the upper holte but I agree with his stance.

I've never booed at a match and I dont think any of the negative chants have ever come to any good for any club.

The thing is, as im sure you know, on a normal match day, people like you and I would be in the majority, with a few idiots booing. But last night there didnt seem to be many of us left. And even less so at the final whistle.

I can honestly say I have never been so disgusted with Villa fans than I was last night when the sacked in the morning chants started ringing round, the media have picked up on it and we are even more of a laughing stock than we originally were, so well done to anyone who opened their mouths. No wonder we get called fickle
Eh,Liverpool fans did it to woy the other week, because both these managers deserve it.

I couldn't give two shits what Liverpool do, I support Aston Villa Football Club, do you?

I sure do, but these things happen to managers that **** up clubs, so imho they get what they deserve. he should be kicked of the club not booed if you ask me.

Sacked in the morning is something you sing at other clubs managers, not your own!! It is **** embarrassing and I was not alone with feeling disgusted.

Ged wont worry about you, and every other Villa fan so why worry about him. he's well paid to take the shit thats dished out to him. is what Ged has done to our club not a little more embaarrasing??.

I don't buy this fickle thing. I just think Villa fans are by and large correct in their inklings. Whether you like it or not, the days of being given years to build a team are over. I would prefer the term 'discerning' to 'fickle'. I think Villa fans can usually work out what they're being sold and whether the like it or not pretty quickly.

OK so singing "Houllier's claret and blue army" then 5 minutes later singing "sacked in the morning" and booing him is not fickle?

Does anyone remember the McNeill era ?

It was the exact of this, the fans , in the main , stuck by the team - didn't make any bloody difference in the end - we went down coz the manager had his heart on a football club - problem was - it wasn't Aston Villa !

Now luckily for us, Graham taylor saved us from oblivion, I can tell you this, there is no Graham taylor gonna turn up this time if we go down.

It's all bloody commendable saying "we all stick together" but there is a saying "actions speak louder than words" - and the actions show - the guy has lost the dressing room, the fans, and if i have just read correctly, and that they offerred him the chance to resign at Xmas - the board.

In fact, that is even MORE worrying , coz obviously the board have doubts and will not sack him - why ? - only reason I can see is they don't want to pay off his contract - again MONEY !

Think abou tit - if you really believed in a person why the hell would you give them chance to resign ?

Do you think we should have chanted for Ellis when he was here and no one wanted him because of the affect on the team?

I dont think the question is about singing for a manager you dont like but more dropping the negative chants as these are not helping the situation.

Ofcourse the fans are right to want Houllier out.

But to sing "Houllier's Claret & Blue army" and "Sacked in the morning", within the space of an hour just because of 1 goal, does seem a little fickle on the face of things.

The great support the team got at Liverpool, Newcastle, Man City really made a difference to the performances didn't it.

Don't show any dissatisfaction with whats going on - because its of no benefit. What crap most of the players will be joining in you can tell they can't stand the guy

Lets just let it happen and

ROAR OUR TEAM INTO THE CHAMPIONSHIP :bang:

Singong your getting sacked in the morning was a very stupid thing to do. I don't know what has got into our fans recently that was just mindless, how is it ever going to make things better.
By maybe forcing the silly fool out, i'm sure Randy was there and if it has to happen every game to get him out, so be it imo.

Who the feck is anyone to call anyone else fickle ?

The same people on here who call others fickle for having a go at Houllier, are the same ones who make snide and derogatory comments towards Graham taylor.

One (who shall remain nameless) who has just said Fickle - called Mr taylor "Turnip Head" earlier. This is the guy who, if it wasn't for him, Villa quite probably would be where Oxford United are now.

As someone said - Fickle -no - we just know what the bloody truth is !

Â