Scientific Experiment #4

IainG

DOL Out?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. DOL Out?

• Get Rid
    • Keep Him

If we had a half competant board who went about things in the right manner, had a plan, had targets and brought a degree of hope and optimism to the club I believe DOL would be good for us.

If properly and sensibly backed I think DOL can take us forward. He did well when backed at Leeds why couldn't he do it here.

I a big believer in stability and even if we go down I would advocate keeping DOL in the hot seat.

I think the club at board level needs to be sorted out before we worry about the manager.

Why do we have to be playing a top 5 team to get a performance out of the buggers? I'd suggest that needs addressing.

THAT really is worrying.

And I agree with JG. I too think that DOL would be really good for us with a good backing from the board.

Why do we have to be playing a top 5 team to get a performance out of the buggers? I'd suggest that needs addressing.

THAT really is worrying.

And I agree with JG. I too think that DOL would be really good for us with a good backing from the board.

I don't even think that "good backing" would be entirely necessary.

If DOL was told at the start of the window he had £10 million to spend and was actually given that I think he would spend well. His purchases to this point have on the whole been good.

I appears that he has been promised a figure in past transfer periods, planned with that figure in mind, then at the last minute had the goalposts moved.

The sensible thing at the moment is to keep DOL. The jury is still out with me but it is no good saying sack him when we lose to WH and keep him when we get a good result against Chelsea. With the little money he has had its difficult to judge him properly because he had to try and get bodies in to srengthen the squad and by signing numbers not real quality you end up with average players. When he has tried to sign quality e.g. Robinson he was stopped. However i wont support him on the motivation of players issue or being gutless in standing up to OBE. He should state the true facts to the fans as he is a multi-millionare and should not be worried about the sack.

Note: stop the "DOL fan club" comments because thats just silly now - IMO)

Agree about as silly as calling people DOL haters or accusing others of being on a crusade.

Double standards.

DOL out now? On what grounds? Apart from the blip at West Ham we have taken points off the top 5 teams.

A few wins and we should be mid table.

Tell you what, you answer the questions I have asked you today and I'll answer yours

^^^ I'd rather not TBH, because its like going round in circles. We all know YOU WANT DOL OUT NOW. Its getting like a spoilt child who wants his own way and decides to make 10K posts on the same thing.

Give DOL the right backing and not the half baked ones Ellis has made and then judge him. Its all very well saying you want him out, but the fact we are short in defence and now midfield, means there is not a lot we can do.

We have one of the smallest squads in the PL, our first 11 can match most teams, but after that the quality is poor, and we rely on players like Gav who if suspended/injured means our form suffers big time.

DOL's abilities as a manager are clouded by the fact that he works under Ellis' restrictions.

Reasons to keep:

Decent recent performances, most had written the Chelsea game off.

5th round of the FA cup.

Making the most of a threadbare squad, with mostly kids and a few experiences players.

No not at all. I have always said out out out as soon as possible. Its just the definition of when is "possible" or "practical" that causes an issue for some.

Its the "now's not the right time" argument I have a problem with as people say that but what they really mean is there will never be a right time.

But you see my stance on DOL is a perfect example of people not reading what I have written and just believing what they want.

I do not believe that DOL is the right manager for us. I believe he should go.

Those that say that now is not the right time sort of say that they do believe he is the right manager for us, as far as I am concerned.

Richard are you saying that what ever he does "that DOL is NOT the right manager for us."? What would change your mind?

Pardew at West Ham was villified etc etc - but turned it round and they now love him.

^^^ I'd rather not TBH, because its like going round in circles. We all know YOU WANT DOL OUT NOW. Its getting like a spoilt child who wants his own way and decides to make 10K posts on the same thing.

Not really Ali. It's me asking you a question on where you see people highlighting the negatives today and then on what your current stance is on how long David O'Leary should stay for as you have said he isn't good enough but lets keep him until his contract expires.

Those questions may be difficult for you to answer for whatever reason but could you at least try and answer them.

I do not see the going round in cirlces or the spoilt child reference that you have no doubt discussed via a PM or two.

Richard - FFS mate pack in with the DULL stuff, it gets in the way of what's a fairly civilised and reasonable discussion and does nothing IMO to help you put across a good argument.

And nope there hasn't been one PM concerning you so hope that satisfies that little comment. Well not one that I have seen anyway

Richard - FFS mate pack in with the DOL stuff, it gets in the way of what's a fairly civilised and reasonable discussion and does nothing IMO to help you put across a good argument.

What DOL stuff? I am asking Ali some questions about the debate. As DDID said, it's a thread about the manager isn't it?

If you mean David O'Leary then as soon as people take the same reaction to any of Elies, Hellis, Smellpiss, Douglarse or Ellis is a **** rocket polisher, then sure I'll stop.

Whats the difference?

WHICH MOD EDITED MY POST? I did, Ali.

Right Richard, please use the managers proper name or DOL. Any other derogatory names and you will be carded. The same applies for any player who currently wears a Villa shirt too.

No arguments either Richard, final warning.

Right Richard, please use the managers proper name or DOL. Any other derogatory names and you will be carded. The same applies for any player who currently wears a Villa shirt too.

No arguments either Richard, final warning.

Just explain to me Ali what the difference is between that and the Ellis name changes , if you can.

Then it's double standards at it's worst DDID

Indeed.

please use the managers proper name or DOL. Any other derogatory names and you will be carded. The same applies for any player who currently wears a Villa shirt too.

Chairman included? If not, why not?

Richard - FFS mate pack in with the DOL stuff, it gets in the way of what's a fairly civilised and reasonable discussion and does nothing IMO to help you put across a good argument.

What DOL stuff? I am asking Ali some questions about the debate. As DDID said, it's a thread about the manager isn't it?

:-) good old text converter - I put in D U L L and it converted it to DOL. It was the that I was commenting about not the theme of the manager