Scientific Experiment #4

IainG

DOL Out?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. DOL Out?

• Get Rid
    • Keep Him

Because Ellis has destroyed this club for the past 20 odd years, DOL hasn't.

Final warning Richard. And I won't get into any more arguments with you about the managerial situation, we all know your opinion, but like I said, please use the manager's correct name or abbreviation else you will be yellow carded.

Right Richard, please use the managers proper name or DOL. Any other derogatory names and you will be carded. The same applies for any player who currently wears a Villa shirt too.

No arguments either Richard, final warning.

Just explain to me Ali what the difference is between that and the Ellis name changes , if you can.

I agree with you on this one. We can't villify people for playing on DOL's name but not for Ellis. That would be double standards.

I'm sort of with Richard on this one. I don't like using any nick names, but if we're going to have free and open debate, you either ban them all, or allow them all. Banning the ones you happen not to like makes you small minded in my opinion.

And it's OK for a mod to call people who aren't overly enamored with O'Leary "haters" but taking the piss out of O'Leary leads to a warning of an impending card.

I don't like the way this is shaping up to be honest, it smacks of certain people abusing their power.

I'll leave that to the man who runs this site then, but the difference is that Ellis has destroyed this club for the past 20 years, DOL hasn't, in fact like most managers and most players he has been trying to do his best for the club. That may involve doing the human thing and making mistakes, which he has, as have players.

But FWIW I have used terms like Douglarse, although I confess to calling him Elies because he is a blatant liar, which is a fact.

I'll leave that to the man who runs this site then, but the difference is that Ellis has destroyed this club for the past 20 years, DOL hasn't, in fact like most managers and most players he has been trying to do his best for the club. That may involve doing the human thing and making mistakes, which he has, as have players.

But FWIW I have used terms like Douglarse, although I confess to calling him Elies because he is a blatant liar, which is a fact.

Your a moderator - your not allowed to have an opinion! :lol:

I'm sort of with Richard on this one. I don't like using any nick names, but if we're going to have free and open debate, you either ban them all, or allow them all. Banning the ones you happen not to like makes you small minded in my opinion.

And it's OK for a mod to call people who aren't overly enamored with O'Leary "haters" but taking the piss out of O'Leary leads to a warning of an impending card.

I don't like the way this is shaping up to be honest, it smacks of certain people abusing their power.

I haven't seen any posts recently calling Ellis pants pisser, or Douglarse, but like I said, as with any player, such as DLC, or Carlton Cole, while they play for the club curently then their proper name should be used.

I have just spent my time editing out the relevant posts, and I haven't carded anyone.

Mods and rockers all can have opinions.

Look ladies before any tears are shed, there are rules on this forum about names etc, which JC and the guys have introduced for the sole purpose, I think, to avoid this sort of silly situation. Now why dont we let the mods moderate and we all get back to discussing in fairly adult manner the situation that still seems to be at the club.

Note: As for calling Ellis names then I have a differing opinion as he has personally done me harm

and i think DOL is O'xxx or O'xxxx it's all about opinions and you cant take the high ground when your prepared to use derogatory nicknames about Ellis

meanwhile i've just read you post above as i type this so i'll stop mine and delete the names i had typed in order to not start another war...

Your a moderator - your not allowed to have an opinion! :lol:

Not so. He shouldn't be able to threaten someone with a card for not agreeing with him though.

For the final time, I have no problem with people wanting DOL out!

I have a problem with people misusing his name.

Ditto for Ellis to maintain the status quo.

Now thats cleared up can we get this back OT?

Look ladies before any tears are shed, there are rules on this forum about names etc.

So why are they only used when it suits?

Because its neither big or clever and can be seen to be atagonistic (see I can do big words too)

You see you've changed your sig and to me thats a wind up, but as Im in a happy mood it wouldn't even make me react. I think the whole point of that rule was stop this sort of occurence. Its a bit Jimmy Cranky really isnt it? Neither big or clever.

As I said Ellis is a different thing as its personal

and i think DOL is O'xxx or O'xxxx it's all about opinions and you cant take the high ground when your prepared to use derogatory nicknames about Ellis

meanwhile i've just read you post above as i type this so i'll stop mine and delete the names i had typed in order to not start another war...

you cant spell anyway so it would probably have come out wrong :-)

Ian, I know you are on this big supporting Ali thing but I do not see what is wrong with me trying to establish what is acceptable or not so that I can avoid getting a card and so that others who post can avoid it too.

I aint supporting Ali or you at all mate, not a bit. I just think another thread has gone tits up because of a silly set of comments thats all. Why not send a message to Al or JC or one of the other mods if you aint happy with anything.

If Ali choses to have the same views as me then great, he's a good bloke and he can look after my heart any day he wants to.