Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm currently managing Leicester City after stints at New York Red Bulls and Portsmouth. Signed Manucho, Taarabt and Gradel.

form.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Drawing too many games atm though. they were 12th when I took over, and we're still 12th now after 21 games under my management. Solid if unspectacular.

Have you maybe thought about swapping the side of the striker or centralize him. Just that, already on the left, you have that channel worked, where as Dyer on the right is a little bit deeper so would need more support, where as the left is more attacking.

Have you maybe thought about swapping the side of the striker or centralize him. Just that, already on the left, you have that channel worked, where as Dyer on the right is a little bit deeper so would need more support, where as the left is more attacking.

Decent shout that actually, will give it a shot.

...what a bizarre formation.

Indeed. I like playing weird formations, don't know why. This one has worked very well for me in other saves too.

In my 2nd season at AC Milan I won League, Italian Cup & Champions League.

Resigned at end of season and due to being offered Real job in November but not technically rejecting it they offered me the job at the Bernabeu within a couple of days of resigning at the San Siro.

July 2018 and have won 1 Prem, 4 Bundesligas, 2 Serie A's, 1 UEFA Cup, 3 Champions League's, 1 FA Cup, 2 Italian Cups, 1 German Cup & 1 World Cup (Brazil in 2014)

Despite having no manager for 7 months Real finished 3rd last season, got knocked out CL Group Stage, lost in UEFA Cup 1/4's.

Last won La Liga 3 years ago, last won CL 2 years ago. Have a load of money though and not a bad side to begin with. Need to improve central defence and a top striker and should be ok.

In my second season at villa and just won the league cup, but for the life of me getting money out of the board is impossible. Is this something quite new with the latest update?

Took on the challenge of Napoli some time back.. was an interesting team that had the potential to go really far.. anyway I have completed my first season in charge and i'm really happy with how it went.

(Won Serie A) :

serieainformationleague.th.png

My Tactic (Made it myself and used this in every match; was based on the formation Napoli used in real life) :

napolinapolitactics2.th.png

My Transfers :

napolitransfershistory3.th.png

My staff changes :

napolitransfershistory4.th.png

Won the Italian Cup :

claudelyonnewsinbox.th.png

The Double! :

claudelyonnewsinbox2.th.png

The Final Against Inter :

napolivinterinformation.th.png

Changed the club from top to bottom, used a formation that was superb and was the best defensive unit in the league .. very happy my success.

Cavani was top scorer with 38 goals and Hamsik with 27 assists.

Nice one dvin. Cavani is a beast 8)

In my second season at villa and just won the league cup, but for the life of me getting money out of the board is impossible. Is this something quite new with the latest update?

I'm in my first season, but they've increased my budget twice. It might be because I'm keeping my wage budget tight so as a result they give me more funds. One thing I have found though is that he's not very patient, I've been under pressure a few times when I've been between 7th and 9th! Nice one with cup win hoping to get to the final in my first season, got West Ham in semi atm.

Loving Bannan for Villa, but Albrighton and Clark have been quite poor. The Fonz started well but lost confidence since I had Bent return from injury. Bent and Gabby have been two of my best players, they are lethal. Other then that Cuellar, Walker and NRC have been solid.

Heskey is awful! I thought he could do a decent job for a season, Friedel and L Young have been poor too :(

Got a nice £49M transfer kitty (Napoli Board are generous it seems) to spend for my 2nd season.

Not sure what to spend it on but I think i'll buy another keeper as I only have one now... also I think I can tighten up the defence more with new defenders.

Just Finished my first season with Athletic Bilbao (Finished 2nd in La Liga) :

Transfers :

athleticclubtransfershi.th.png

^ Two youth prospects on the cheap (I put them in the U19 Squad) ... other than that it's an untouched squad, all of them Basque players.

League Table :

ligabbvainformationleag.th.png

^ As you can tell Barcelona dominated La Liga and if i'm honest I managed to get 2nd place through set pieces (Corners and free kicks; I set it up so I can get alot of goals through set pieces).. I was the Stoke of La Liga.. the defence has leaked alot of goals so I'd need new defenders but I can only sign Basque players so it's pretty much a challenge; a good challenge though.

Finished 8th again with Blackpool in my second season.

League: 8th

LC: Lost in semis to Liverpool 3-1 on agg.

FA: Lost in final to Man City 1-0.

Europa League: Lost in the quarterfinals 7-0 on agg to Marseille. Bit undeserved, Brandao just killed me.

Scored a shit load in the league, and defence was decent in all honesty, spent 12m on Mbiwa (CB) in January who is an absolute boss.

Highlights of season: Beating Manure 2-0 at home with ten men, beating Chelsea 3-0 away, beating Blues 5-0 at home, and hammering Villa 7-0 :)

Just Finished my first season with Athletic Bilbao (Finished 2nd in La Liga) :

Transfers :

athleticclubtransfershi.th.png

^ Two youth prospects on the cheap (I put them in the U19 Squad) ... other than that it's an untouched squad, all of them Basque players.

League Table :

ligabbvainformationleag.th.png

^ As you can tell Barcelona dominated La Liga and if i'm honest I managed to get 2nd place through set pieces (Corners and free kicks; I set it up so I can get alot of goals through set pieces).. I was the Stoke of La Liga.. the defence has leaked alot of goals so I'd need new defenders but I can only sign Basque players so it's pretty much a challenge; a good challenge though.

Finishing 2nd in your 1st season is quality. Well done.

Think I'm going to try this after my current save. Just in Feb at the moment with Real. Top of the league, in CL knockout and Copa D Rey semi Vs Barca.

Kadlec for striker... usually goes for cheap.. less than £10m for sure.

LB i'd recommend Cheikh M'Bengue.. won't be cheap though.. did a fantastic job for me at Inter for £13m.. after 2-3 season was worth £15m so he is a future investment too i'd imagine.

Â