Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Short passing, tempo is slow, am on hard tackling but stand off. Shall I change any of that?

Change the hard tackling to a more safer option.. try that... then try changing tempo to quick.. and try "direct" passing.. try each individually though and see how it works.

Solution needed.

I keep having this annoying way of leaking goals and it has been going on for ages.

Player runs down left/right with tonnes of pace. Literally runs all the way from his half to near my corner flag, drills a ball across and my defenders all miss it and they have a player on back post to tap it in.

Help! I am letting in so many goals and am currently doing a game where I hardly score (lack of strikers and money) so its killing me. Usually I just out score ;)

Before a game, go on opposition instructions and force them onto "right/left" depending on what side they are so they are forced to cut in field rather than down the line.

Gone safer tackling, quick passing and direct and I am a lot more capable with the ball now. Good news. Still unbeaten in league :-o played Celtic and Ranger twice each too!

Joe, always do that yet they still kept running the line all the way and still had the pinpoint cross. I seem to have stopped that now with tight marking though.

Found the best tactic ever it seems with Leeds, a 4-3-3 with a DM, offering little to no support, ball retention or chance creation throughout the game, but my CF (Araujo) single handedly seems to win games and I'm currently joint 13th/9th.

Does Thorgan Hazard develop into much? I've signed him with Leeds and he's 19 atm and doing alright, not too sure exactly where he'll peak though, he's kind of missing some pretty key areas, his finishing is crap, as is crossing, but he's quick and good at most other stuff.

gona have a go at Tamworth, usually get bored with lower league, but had a good Forest save last time out before laptop had to be wiped, so lets see how my paitence is. Im bored of my spurs save after only 3 seasons.

started a game with Barnet (league 2) wanted to see how i would do with one of the worst teams in a low league, hasn't been pretty so far.

Anyway i am looking to get 2 strikers in on loan, one as a target man one as a poacher if you guys have any suggestions they would be much appreciated.

Suddenly feel like my Leeds game is almost complete, pretty far ahead of any schedule I imagined, it took me 8 or 9 seasons to win the CL and league with Leeds on 2010. Got kind of lucky with transfers, Sandro was transfer listed for 4 million, signed Battaglia from Boca, Podolski on a free and I'll probably finish top 6 this year. Feels a bit weird. :?

Started a game with Villa.

Sold Warnock for 4.2m, Salifou for 550k with Beye going out on loan.

Signed Skjelbred (2.5m), Pieters (3.5m) and Smithies (750k).

Wanted to sign Steele from Boro in a swap deal with Guzan, but Boro played hard ball.

Drawn 2-2 away at City, with Skjelbred and Gabby scoring. Collins scored an own goal and Dzeko equalised 93rd min :(

Also drawn 0-0 at home to Ruch Chorzow with a weak side :oops:

Beat Liverpool 3-1 at home though thanks to a Reina own goal, Bent and Skjelbred again.

Lost Cuellar and Bent for three months due to injuries :bang:

I set it to have no transfer budget in first window. Am selling Young, Heskey, Collins, Agbonlahor and a few others for around £50m I got given £10m to spend so have bought Hazard, Benzema, Chamberlain, (Jack) Robinson, Wickham, (Kyle) Walker, Smithies all in the January window.

Â