Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

Managed to pick up Vidic(31yrs) and Pepe(30yrs) both for under 5 million playing as the Villa. They were both unhappy at the start of the 4th season :D ..Does anyone have any recomendations for a good wing back R/L to back up contreao and Lora?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the new patch the board have offered me a new contract.. do I have to accept it in order to stay on? my current one ends 2012 im in 2011 atm.. so when 2012 comes.. what happens? I don't want to accept the contract as I'll probably move on at the end of the season as I've got CL now which is my priority to win.

On the new patch the board have offered me a new contract.. do I have to accept it in order to stay on? my current one ends 2012 im in 2011 atm.. so when 2012 comes.. what happens? I don't want to accept the contract as I'll probably move on at the end of the season as I've got CL now which is my priority to win.

You don't have to accept, but you'll stay with the club. Though in 2012 when your contract runs out they'll usually offer you a new one again, if you accept you stay, obviously. If you don't then you just leave and manage nobody.

Currently in December 2017 which is my longest game ever I think! Started unemployed, then my managerial career went..

Nov 2010-Oct 2011 - Roma

Nov 2011-July 2016 - Juventus (3 League titles, 2 Italian Cups, 2 Super Cups)

July 2013-June 2014 - Brazil

July 2014-March 2015 - England

Nov 2016-present - Dortmund

I am terrible with International management!

I hate this game sometimes. My tactic that almost got me champions league last season suddenly turned to crap second season. Was lying in 14th with Villa with half the season gone but after a 4-0 loss to Bolton, 3-0 loss to Wigan and finally a 9-1 loss to Spurs I think it is time for me to leave.

change the tactic, 'have a private chat' with some of your players etc.

Who is in your team? If its the standard Villa side.

Try 4-2-3-1 with Delfouneso up front as Advanced forward. Try and get a target man in to play along side him (then go 4-4-2 sometimes, I use Lukaku or Llorente as 'Target Man Support'). Not tried on 11.3 yet... but even a pairing of Gabby and Fonz usually works wonders upfront... never played a team with Bent in so don't know how best to play him. I presume as an Advanced forward with Gabby as a Trequartista

Young on the left as an 'Inside Forward' then rotate Downing and Albrighton on the right as 'Winger'. Ireland in the Centre as Advanced Playmaker (retrain Bannan to this position too for rotation).

Delph/Makoun and NRC in the middle. Sign one or two of Defour, Fellaini, Sissoko, Veloso for rotation in the middle.

Clark as left sided Central Defence and (if your not on 11.3) Curtis Davies on the right sided Central defence... If you are on 11.3 try and sign Phil Jones of Blackburn to play here instead. Clark with either of these two is superb.

Injury crisis from hell :(

Sissoko 4 months (on his way back)

Young 2 months

Fellaini Suspended for 3 games

Lukaku 2 months (just coming back - thankgod)

Enrqiue 3 weeks

Gabby was out for 2 months and is just coming back to full training in the next week or so.

Curtis Davies (best defender) out for 5 weeks

Disgusting amount of injuries, Im sure theres more but just squad players. Got knocked out of FA Cup in 6th round to Baggies :( had Charlton in the semi's too if i got there. So annoyed lol, luckily managed to win the League Cup before this happened and win my 1st leg vs Besiktas in CL... bit worried about the second leg.

4th with 2 games in hand on Chelsea (3rd - 1 point ahead) and Utd (1st 5 points ahead). Spurs second 3 points ahead with a game in hand on me :/

just started my 6th season with Villa. furthest i've ever got with a Villa save, usually i get to the point where i realise it's probably time to sell Gabby and i never have the heart to do it.

had a bit of a clearout in the transfer window, sold Bent, Gabby, Downing, Makoun & Cuellar for a total £28m.

current line-up:

---------------- Akinfeev ----------------

--------------------------------------------

Walker - Galeano - Clark - M'Bengue

---------------------------------------------

---------- Bannan -- Sissoko -----------

-- Albrighton -------------- A. Young ---

---------------------------------------------

--------- Sturridge - Sarpong -----------

subs: Wellington (regen GK), Muniesa, Turan, Gardner, Bouy, Chamberlain, Fonz.

Sarpong is also a regen:

kwabenasarpong.th.jpg

could turn out to be some player if he keeps on improving.

Â