Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

I downloaded FMRTE last night because I got mighty pissed off.

Finished my first season, and over the pre-season I lost Cowans, MacDonald AND McAndrew to other teams. I struggled to get some decent coaches in replacement for reasonable wages, so I thought **** it.

Downloaded FMRTE, signed 5 coaches who were without a club aged 40 or under (obscure rating), signed them for £500 a week on a 5 year deal and then edited them to 15's in their respective fields (i.e working with youngsters for youth coaches).

I feel dirty. :cry:

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair I use FMRTE to find good coaches. That's all I use it for though. Don't understand the people who use that & Genie Scout to find out the best players, complete waste of time playing the game, because you know you'll win. No achievment in that.

----

Anyway on with my season. Into the 3rd now.

Transfers IN - Dzeko (22m), Bale (19.5m), Bruno (Free), Sakho (Free), Biglia (Free), A few young regens.

Transfers OUT - Dunne (900k), Cuellar (1.6m), Diarra (1.8m), Petrov (Free), Youngsters out on frees, Youngsters out on loan.

Turns out Bale isn't that good. Downing is showing him up big time. Downing has 9 assists, 4 goal in 12 games with Ave. Rat. of 7.65. Agbonlahor is smashing it this season too, so Dzeko is second choice atm. So turns out both big money signings aren't actually playing.

Just into November. Sitting 3rd, 2pts off top. Had tough start of L'Pool (a), B.Rovers (a), Arsenal (h), Man C (h), Sunderland (a). Got 5 pts from that. Since then won every game in league though including 7-1 thrashing of Blackpool and beating Small Heath 3-1 :D Out of Carling Cup but did throw it away really playing youngsters. CL Group is Porto, Roma, Odd (Danish team). 2nd after 3 games.

Gabby & DJ are best players in league atm according to Ave. Rat. Downing has most assists too. Gabby got most goals (10 in 8).

If the club wants him back they will ask to extend it.

Did you loan him out to an affiliate or did a club come asking for him on loan?

I believe he has him on loan from Aston Villa and wants to extend it, not he is in charge of Villa and has loaned him out.

Half way through my second season, looking good for another top 7 finish. At the start of the season I lost both Ireland and Young to injury and they are only just returning in the next month. Signed Micah Richards for £4.4m but I really need a striker for next season as Gabby and Fonz just don't score enough for me and always go through massive goal droughts.

Andy, Don't know if this is anything I can do or you can do for the patch but....before the patch I had corners set up so my central midfielder would take and would play it short to my winger who would then cross it in the box. Since the patch the midfielder just boots it in the box himself, which wastes the corner.

I'm guessing you're in your first season? In mine, as Villa, I brought in Khouma Babacar on loan. Decent enough as 3rd choice behind Gabby & Fonz. I only play one up top though. Although if you do sign him on loan try and get him with a future price because he turns out amazing in a couple of years. I didn't but now he is smashing it for Benfica.

Quick question: Santa Cruz or Jo? Ive sold Carew for £3mill, I've got the option of taking one of the two on loan with an option to buy, which would you guys go for?

Buy Vaclav Kadlec for £1.5m - he's banged in 12 goals by January for me!!!!

So, here we are at Christmas. The next data update comes in a few weeks time, anybody have anything to comment on?

two ive seen andy both when you offer players to clubs

when you offer players 9/10 it says they will only leave if you pay a percentage of their wages. thats annoying

also when you offer a player for like 10m and he has been excellent but valued at 6.5m lets say they will only offer you what he is worth not more tahn what he is actually worth in terms of performance

Â