Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

andy i didnt want to sell delph but he handed in transfer request because he didnt get on with albrighton!! this was right before i downloaded the patch, wouldnt sign a new deal and couldnt sell albrighton so i ahd no choice! got 5m, but delph is **** brilliant on it scores so many goals. its a very relucatant sale

but im good in cm. i have rameires, luca biglia and defour so fortunately im covered!

andy if you created the patch well done now im really enjoying it again :)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have I done the right thing?

I had just 100k in the bank for Eastleigh, I have a team of players who are wanted by other clubs and they are on decent wages, so I have decided seeing as though I am sat 3rd in the Conference Prem, it is mid Jan, to accept bids for players, one for 75k, one for 70k, one for 200k and a few others for three figure sums, giving me a nice round figure of 700k in the bank. I have players who I am now using who are probably eitheer not as good or not experienced enough but I am happy to at this moment lose some games to get them prepared for the following season. I am thinking by doing this I will be in a better position finance wise to make signings (usually on a free) to also improve my training facilities and then to look ahead to the future. I also added clauses in contracts which if they perform well could see more money coming in, or I can buy them out if needs be.

Would you have done the same?

I had just 100k in the bank for Eastleigh, I have a team of players who are wanted by other clubs and they are on decent wages, so I have decided seeing as though I am sat 3rd in the Conference Prem, it is mid Jan, to accept bids for players, one for 75k, one for 70k, one for 200k and a few others for three figure sums, giving me a nice round figure of 700k in the bank. I have players who I am now using who are probably eitheer not as good or not experienced enough but I am happy to at this moment lose some games to get them prepared for the following season. I am thinking by doing this I will be in a better position finance wise to make signings (usually on a free) to also improve my training facilities and then to look ahead to the future. I also added clauses in contracts which if they perform well could see more money coming in, or I can buy them out if needs be.

I probably would've loaned them out with a fee instead... :D

Its what I would do, ship them out raise the cash improve the club standing and wage limit then trawl the free transfer market and work the loans.

Its the best way to build a club of that size. Get them in free and get them out for as much as you can.

Around 3-4 years in. Chris Gadi becomes immense.

have him on my Villa save, him and Sanogo are just starting to break into the first team 4 seasons in. had him on loan on my Bradford City save for the last two seasons and he's bagged 30+ league goals this season playing as a lone striker, hoping to try and get him long term at the end of the season before his value starts going up, unlikely i'll get him though.

last game of the season in League 1 with Bradford, started the season badly, but I made a couple of free transfers in Jan (including Salifou), had a great run of form and I was sitting in 3rd place with virtually nothing between the top 5. I needed a win against Walsall and for either Bristol or Swindon to draw or lose to gain automatic promotion.

I was keeping an eye on the other fixtures right through my match. I won 4-0, Bristol won, and Swindon were drawing when my game finished.. got to the post-match analysis screen and discovered Swindon had scored in the 93rd minute and I finished 3rd. Gutted. Onto the play-offs..

lost 4-5 in ET in the play-off final. on the bright side I beat Arsenal 2-0 in a pre-season friendly, and I just got Gary Gardner on a free transfer after Villa released him (Houllier is doing some crazy things, he also spent £2.8m on a player who my scout said 'would be a good signing for League 1 sides').

3 seasons into my save and I've been given a £1.5m transfer budget though I'm yet to spend more than £35k on a player, hoping to save money so the board will allow me to improve youth facilities/recruitment.

sorry to dampen teh new patch but it still has one buG!!

this is the only one ive seen. when you offer players to clubs clubs now do come in which is great but 9/10 they say they will only ago if you agree to pay a percentage of their wages!!!!

anyone else having that problem with new patch?

other than that new patch has been fantastic, made a huge difference for me

^ i have this problem, ive noticed it with the older people like heskey etc.. its like that in real life tbf though, like ireland and manchester city he took compensation and moved. I hate it because i tried to shift heskey but i had to pay £20,000 a week till 2012!!! i loaned him out when he is back i'll put him in reserves.

Â