Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

is anyone having problems with villa with the wages?

i signed ledesma, almeda, pienaar and now when i try to sign anyone in january the only wage si can offer them is 5k?? i cant sign anyone! i manged to flog heskey for 500k but have to pay half his wages until his contract runs out. no-one wants carew, got rid of sidwell and stans on loan to everton with a view for a permenenet transfer!

its very frustrating

Yeah i've only been able to sell Davies, Sidwell and Osbourne and only got 4mil for the lot. Didn't even bother trying to get anyone in January, basically decided i'm letting a lot of people on their last season go for free and next season i should be able to start getting the players i want.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah same diego. im letting carew go, kept l young for another year. curts actually good on mine scored 4 goals already this season

yeah im not bothering to sign anyone in january either its practically impossible even the freebies i cant afford the wages

8th in the Prem at January and in a League Cup semi final! Buzzing (with Swansea 2nd season)

Just signed Ciaran Clark, Barry Bannan, Tom Cairney, Adel Taarabt, Adam Matthews, Scott Loach in January for £9.5 million between them all. Bargain really.

I'm trying to build a fairly youthful side full of players like the above.

Hopefully in the summer, I can add the likes of Phil Jones, Jack Collison, Jordan Henderson but we will see.

Would love the Fonz upfront as well, would fit perfect in the system.

started a new game, simmed the first year then took the first job offered to me which was the palace job after theyd been relegated to league 1

had a decent enough start with them. sold a fair few players and brought in £5m, of that i spent £500k and we're up in the promotion places after 10 games

Sell Carew, you save on wages and get 3m, bargain. Buy Wickham with that money

Exactly what I have done - and to Liverpool too!

Also got shot of Sidwell to Everton but can't get rid of anyone else.

Will most likely get rid of Friedel on a free to save on Wages next summer.

Just finished my first season (very unusual for me to get this far so soon after release) with Tottenham. Found the same things as on previous releases, winning the league by 9 points with 8 or 9 games to go and suddenly my performances stall completely and end up just a point ahead of Man Utd with 3 games to go. Won the title in the end, but this same scenario seems to play out in every game I play until I've assembled a squad that has won the league with several games to go.

I'm having real problems signing players with AFC Telford, nobody up for sale in any league above the conference will come to me, all refuse to discuss a contract. The best players I can get and who will come to me are all in the North/South conference. I just wait for players to be released on a free, problem is my board have sold off decent players of mine, meaning I am stuck as nobody will come into the club. Thank god I made a lot of free signings at the beginning of the season.

The game is broken, and badly too.

The transfers are ridiculous, I signed Wilshere for £5.5m, Balotelli for £9.25m, Shawcross for £5m, De Gea £2.6m (!), all because they were unhappy and put in a transfer request. Clubs accept offers of their value, and not their real transfer value.

Tevez is currently on the transfer list for £12m, Messi was on their for £35m too.

I think the transfer system is broken, some of the players I am going for are not world beaters, haven't played a first team game, are transfer listen and are at league 2 teams yet are all refusing to even discuss a contract with me, sitting at the top of the conference (other teams in the league have no problems making signings and have signed a number of the players who refuse to come to me)

I am going to have to stop playing I think, the Balotelli signing has made me realise it's gone too far and it'll ruin my game.

I'll wait til they fix it, at least I've been given a mini boost by signing a few good players easily. :P

Do you test the game Andy? Every year there is a issue which makes the game unplayable, and obvious ones too. Not having a go if you do test it, but it's weird how they go unnoticed.

A really good example how nobody will sign for me;

1notwant.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1notwant2.th.jpg

1notwant3.th.jpg

And that is one example, I have tried bidding for 20/30 players and had the same thing time and time again, they are realistic signings too and some even from teams IN the conference premier!

Â