Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm slowly coming round to the idea of keeping Kev MacDonald as manager/ assistant and bringing in someone else with a bit more experience to work alongside him.

The only issue I currently have with keeping Kev MacDonald as manager is that he's not a Premiership manager and therefore won't know the ins and outs of the job regarding transfers etc. There is also a problem that could occur, if we lose a few games - the fans could get on his back and be wondering where our "big name" manager is.

But I'm starting to think that bringing in a relatively known name, but not a big-name manager, to assist MacDonald could be the way to go!

for me bring someone like Southgate or Curbs in to work with Kev Mc........ that way Kev Mc can carry on all his good work on the training ground without having to remove himself in the toils of management !

I'm slowly coming round to the idea of keeping Kev MacDonald as manager/ assistant and bringing in someone else with a bit more experience to work alongside him

This would be the ideal for me. Much like Wilkins was installed as assistant manager to Ancelotti, I'd like to see Mcdonald work alongside whoever comes in.