Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most important factor is that we get the right man FIRST TIME OF ASKING.

Problem with Sven is that he has too many World wide contacts & a bloody good agent in Athole still who gets a 10% cut every time Sven moves on which isn't very long.

We need to make sure that the new Manager is as committed to the Club in the same way as all our loyal fans.

Bottom line is JUST GET IT RIGHT.

Good shout Quisme. I have a lot of admiration for Martinez & he knows all the really good players in both Europe & Central America. I would certainly add him to the list of proper candidates & as you say he plays good open attractive & exciting football. Definitely worth a shot.

my bredrin who works at vp says moyes was at vp today

Statistically one in seven cups of water I have drunk during my lifetime might be consumed at VP today.

Good shout with Martinez. Risky, but would be up for him having a shot. How much longer on his contract with Wigan?

Bob Bradley is a **** joke, you can't seriously tell me that any prem league team would want him as there manager? just because Lerner is American it should'nt mean he is acceptable for the job!! We are Aston Villa we should'nt employee shite like him!! Lerner wants to understand this and get someone with a decent pedigree and reputation and not some yank with no track record, whilst i'm gripping you can keep that gonzo nosed judas Southgate away too! :evil:

Bob Bradley is a **** joke, you can't seriously tell me that any prem league team would want him as there manager? just because Lerner is American it should'nt mean he is acceptable for the job!! We are Aston Villa we should'nt employee shite like him!! Lerner wants to understand this and get someone with a decent pedigree and reputation and not some yank with no track record, whilst i'm gripping you can keep that gonzo nosed judas Southgate away too! :evil:

Agree 100%

You can't please everyone. Sven, Bob Bradley et al!! Personally, I haven't a clue who I'd like. Big name managers don't always work out. Former Villa players returning don't always work. Randy has a very tough job on his hands in selecting the right man.

Any of these take your fancy ???

Jurgen Klopp / Borussia Dortmund

Claudio Ranieri/ Roma

Felix Magrath/Shalke

Didier Deshamps/Marseille

Michel/Getafe

Christian Gross/ Stuttgart

Not especially to be honest. For what the likes of Deschamps, Magrath or Ranieri would cost in wages and compensation we may as well go for Frank Rijkaard.

Is it true that Randys still hasn't go a short list of managers to take over,I thought I seen it somewhere??.

It's been said on SSN several times today that he will not have his short list until Monday.

ah,ok i didnt see that makes sense i suppose after all.he'd have to find out who'd be most available and best for the job..