Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Ooh Aah, get Magath I said Ooh Aah get Magath!"

Nice to see a sensible post on here today..... what a track record he has and wants to come to England!

Absolutely. I'm putting a punt on him at the bookies tomorrow. Bet the odds are great at the moment on him too!

Yeh i checked that, it is some record.

I'd still like this Pellegrini fella.

i bet the spurs fans were saying the same before they signed juande ramos decent pedigree in the spanish league but could he manage in the prem.

Big difference is Pellegrini speaks fluent English while Ramos never bothered to learn

I think the smart move maybe to wait it out until one of the big guns becomes available. Early season results haven't gone that well for Jol.

Also don't forget MON is viewed as a top calibre manager - if Liverpool or Fulham or Everton slump early on - would there not be a bit of pressure on the directors of these clubs - to grab O'Neil ? - You could argue he was the manager liverpool wanted all along.

Here's my top 7

1 Magath

2 Magath

3 Magath

4 Magath

5 Magath

6 Magath

7 That Felix Fellah!

Seriously though I would go Magath, Hiddink, Klinsmann & YES Bob Bradley. Any body else that has so far been linked with the job is a TOTAL MUPPET!

Just to reiterate Bradley is no fool. Be honest every one, England should have slaughtered the USA in South Africa but we played like mugs, Bradley has to take some credit for that. I do not dispute that most villa fans would not be off their eyebrows with Bradley's appointment but he is far better than people think. Arsene Wenger & Jose Mourinho had no Premiership experience & look what they achieved. It might be a good idea to at least keep an open mind. He would not be my first choice admittedly, but he is certainly a lot better than some of real no hopers & losers that I have seen linked with the job like Bilic, Ericcson, Zola etc etc.

Villa are a massive Club & we deserve & demand only THE BEST.

Leaving aside the mediocre contenders like Southgate and Curbishley for a minute, the more I think about it, the more I think that it is a two-horse race between Sven and Bradley for this job, and thinking realistically, although they are both risky appointments, they both have marginally more positives than negatives.

Sven, I think, is the only manager to have the league and cup double in 3 different countries in Europe, so he knows how to manage a football team, and regardless of what people think of his commitment, has an attitude that would be refreshingly different to that of MON's. He's also managed in the country before, doing a decent job at Man City after Pearce's disaster.

Bradley has also done a good job getting the best out of quite a poor pool of USA players, with the exception of 1 or 2, getting them into the knock-out stages of two successive World Cups, and the final of the Confederations Cup last year where they narrowly lost to Brazil 3-2.

If we presume that Lerner isn't stupid enough to bring Southgate or Curbishley in, and that Moyes, Jol and Bilic won't take the job, then in my opinion it has to be one of those two.

Maybe Randy is thinking gamble on Bob, BIG gamble but if it pays off imagine the following it would generate in the good old U S of A. How many millions would that generate.

It is a massive risk, but fook it, we are hardly going to win the league with Jol, Sven, Klinsman, so lets put Bob in charge and see what happens.