Barry Bannan

villianusa

Con? You don't need to suggest that I need to see a psychiatrist because the men in the white coats are already coming to take me away! :)  2pm tomorrow methinks?

Let's hope that either Laudrup or Holloway have a white overcoat too & they come & take Bannan away from VP  for us.

After that I promise you the men in white coats will definitely come & take them away too for such insanity.

Just hope I'm not sharing a cell with Holloway in Holloway!! :P

I shall refer the psychiatrist to this thread & ask you to kindly supply a reference for me please Con along with all appropriate heat maps,.gifs, hoof charts & statistics etc etc.

Finally, have you got a white coat too please, so that you can help come & take away the men in the white coats after they have come to take away my psychiatrist? ;)  :) 

• Like 1

i really really hope you are a wind-up, because if you aren't then you need seeing to by someone in the medical profession. if you would just stop with all this absolute bollocks and post about villa rather than website stats and bannan crap people might move on. What i have just read on the swansea forum is a mixture of comedy gold and sheer embarrassment. almost as bad as you are the sad sad people who took time out to go there and sign up and slate you on a different forum?!?! guess what you guys... no-one gives a **** about a pathetic internet arguement about Bannan

No need to get angry is there?

I understand that your opinion is that anyone who thinks Bannan has talent needs to see a man in a white coat.

That's where my problem is.

I'm constantly accused of exaggeration but I've not exaggerated one little bit, certainly not said anyone who disagrees with me needs to see a psychiatrist.

Everything I've said has been based on fact. I've criticised Bannan's play as well as complimented it. How many of you have complimented as well as criticised? Yes some have, that is good, but the impression I get is the middle ground in this discussion not being sought.

I post a lot to other threads.

This thread isn't really a big deal for me. I'm just posting the facts as I interpret them.

oh how I've just laughed, this post should've been in Off-Topic in the jokes thread surely????

Really?

Cos that is not the impression that I have, in fact without knowing your personally I would suggest that this thread seems to be the biggest thing going on in your life right now given the amount of time you're allocating to it.

Did I actually use a heat map in the Bannan thread? I remember using them in other threads about the team's play.

Also, I have not had reason to sort a particular kind of Bannan pass into its hoof category.

Your post is meant to make fun of me, but you are not making fun of me with facts specific to this thread. You're playing the man not the ball :)

Really?

Cos that is not the impression that I have, in fact without knowing your personally I would suggest that this thread seems to be the biggest thing going on in your life right now given the amount of time you're allocating to it.

I've highlighted the key phrase in the above sentence.

Really?

And ignored the sentiment.

• Like 2

Really?

And ignored the sentiment.

CON-veniently :) or :bang:                    ;)

Con you need to post more Bannan gifs to keep people interested in your little game.

I am serious in that I think Bannan is a good player, and if you look through my posts - the ones I actually wrote - I'm not being unreasonably over-the-top about how good he is.

The way people are responding to these posts has got out of hand though, which could make people think I'm treating it as a game. But it's not.

Here's what I do:

* Post newspaper articles that comment favourably about Bannan 

* Post statistics that show anything interesting and favourable about Bannan's performances

Now you could ask: WHY BOTHER? He's shit, so who cares what the newspapers say or what the statistics show. 

That's the point. The newspapers and statistics disagree with the opinion that he's shit. So unlike other players, I still think this one could be worth keeping. 99.9% sure he will be sold though.

Did I actually use a heat map in the Bannan thread? I remember using them in other threads about the team's play.

Also, I have not had reason to sort a particular kind of Bannan pass into its hoof category.

Your post is meant to make fun of me, but you are not making fun of me with facts specific to this thread. You're playing the man not the ball :)

Yes.

Look at this heat map of the WB game. Bannan was playing sub for Delph from about 50 min in the second half.

34g3kad.png

Remember Bannan was blamed for the result? "Weak and bullied in midfield?" That's a myth.

We were not dominated in CM. We didn't lose the game because we were "bullied" or did not control the midfield.

What's happened - what the heat map proves - they got in behind on our flanks.

That's tactics, which is the responsibility of the manager choosing 343 over 442, and the quality of WBs playing the WB system - they're not getting forward to support the attack (like Ridgewell is), keeping the ball at the other end so they can't attack our flanks.

• Like 1

Con, what are your thoughts on Westwood?

Do you think Bannan is the better player?

Not currently.

If Bannan achieved consistency at his potential level he would be the more exciting player because he should be more offensive-orientated than Westwood.

So is Zinadine Zidane better than Didier Deschamps? At the things he does, not at the things Deschamps does. I'm not saying Bannan is Zidane, not same game at all, just an example to illustrate you can't always directly compare.

Westwood is dependable, keeps the midfield ticking-over, and has leadership qualities. Sometimes you need that kind of player. He's not highlight reel. The extent to which he can pick an attacking pass is still open IMO. The fact he passes forward so often suggests that he's got a higher level to go to than he showed last season.

Even so Bannan at the top of his game would be more exciting.

I'm not saying Bannan is Zidane, not same game at all, just an example to illustrate you can't always directly compare.

So Bannan isn't Zidane, not because he isn't as good, but because it's not the same game?

I'm not saying Bannan is Zidane because Bannan is shit and Zidane was good.

I'm not saying Bannan is Zidane, not same game at all, just an example to illustrate you can't always directly compare.

So Bannan isn't Zidane, not because he isn't as good, but because it's not the same game?

I'm not saying Bannan is Zidane because Bannan is shit and Zidane was good.

Man you scrutinize everything he says. I think it is clearly implied he doesn't think Bannan is Zidane because of ability as well as the style of play.

To be Zidane Bannan would have to grow a lot more, which ain't going to happen.

It's much more realistic to compare Bannan to other players his height and position, the Spanish players.

Seriously can't believe I'm replying but to be Zidane, Bannan would have to do a shit load more than just grow before he could even lace Zidanes boots never mind be him.

It's much more realistic to compare Bannan to other players his height and position, the Spanish players.

I don't think i've laughed so much in my life. So much so that i just can't take anymore.

23527523.jpg

• Like 2