Barry Bannan

villianusa

He spent all half 10 yards from Clark or vlaar picking the ball up and passed to Bennett or Lawton it was only when we got to the edge of the box he then caught up the play and got in to a position he should have been in from the start.

He was far back because that was where the space was. Bradford was defending very deep. It wouldn't have been sensible to stand in the middle of a group of their players. He probably wouldn't have been given the ball if he did that either.

A couple if times he did pass it forward one of them was to Clark who was in front on him.....with him dropping back all the time it doesn't allow the centre halfs to bring the ball forward and soak the space....especially last night Bradford spent most of the half in there own half and we had banyan spending it most in ours....very rarely did he get pass the centre circle...get up the pitch..get in the game....let the back four/ five play it from there

When you say "get up the pitch" you are not describing something in his job description, at least that game.

Bradford were sitting deep. We should have passed around the sides more to get in behind (or more corners) but the players were often too impatient and kept lobbing over diagonal balls - only from much closer-in than they were lobbing them in the second half, after Bannan was subbed.

Oh come on...

When you take a shave do you go against the grain to make it as awkward as possible?

Bannan is the worst player ive ever seen in a Villa shirt

Tonight was more proof of how rubbish he is

More miss placed passes 

More Floated corners that hit nobody

More giving the ball away

One of his Hollywood balls even when out for a throw in this time 

He had one shot all game which was easily saved by the goalkeeper whoopy **** do

He is not good enough to be playing in the reserves

Edited by AshVilla

The commentators know he is the whipping boy and were playing to the crowd. When he did good stuff they said it very quietly and never mentioned it again.

These commentators are professionals at stirring up their audience. they can play you like a small violin.

Edited by Con

The commentators know he is the whipping boy and were playing to the crowd. When he did good stuff they said it very quietly and never mentioned it again.

These commentators are professionals at stirring up their audience. they can play you like a small violin.

Bullocks. They called what happened.

Haha ive heard it all before now

So the commentators have it in for Bannan?

I guess its all one big conspiracy to get him out the club by painting us a picture of him being a shite player when actually he is world class and should be playing for Barcelona

It has nothing to do with him actually being completely rubbish consistently?

I have seen him with my own eyes and have been watching him all season he has been abysmal

I do not need a commentator to "play me like a small violin" and tell me something i already know which is he is shockingly bad

Edited by AshVilla

Bannan is only one player in the team. This is ridiculous.

He was our only threat on the Millwall goal and the commentators only very reluctantly praised him for that shot.

What were the other guys doing?

I like Westwood but he's not saved us tonight, yet nobody will criticise him for not being Mr Hero.

Yes, Bannan played badly, but the team lost. It's a team performance, not helped by atrocious tactics.

My mate text this (outside the ground)

Not one to moan as you know but bannan makes me so angry. Average player who thinks he is brilliant. Awful ball distribution. He's one of the main reasons we struggle.

Went on to say about some of the wayward passes, straight to opposition.. And this guy has the patience of a Saint but is finding it very hard to be calm about Bannan!

Bannan is only one player in the team. This is ridiculous.

He was our only threat on the Millwall goal and the commentators only very reluctantly praised him for that shot.

What were the other guys doing?

I like Westwood but he's not saved us tonight, yet nobody will criticise him for not being Mr Hero.

Yes, Bannan played badly, but the team lost. It's a team performance, not helped by atrocious tactics.

But Bannan is the worst of a bad bunch

Delph was equally bad as him against Bradford but at least he's come out fighting and been a million times better since then

At least our other players have decent games from time to time he is consistently shite

Edited by AshVilla

I totally disagree. We've won 4 PL games this season, all 4 with Bannan in the team. He can't be that much of a hindrance as the worst critics suggest.

Also, he's managed to be the actual best crosser in the PL according to official statistics. 

He's crossed crap last few games so you may laugh at that, but those are the stats. Actual talent in action.

There is an element of hearing, reading, and seeing what you choose and filtering out the rest.

Sure, that applies to Bannan supporters as well.

Surely this Bannan bollocks is a side-show now though.

Edited by Con

I totally disagree. We've won 4 PL games this season, all 4 with Bannan in the team. He can't be that much of a hindrance as the worst critics suggest.

Also, he's managed to be the actual best crosser in the PL according to official statistics. 

He's crossed crap last few games so you may laugh at that, but those are the stats. Actual talent in action.

There is an element of hearing, reading, and seeing what you choose and filtering out the rest.

I give up

You think he's Messi 

I think his footballing ability is somewhere between a cockroach and that white stuff that accumulates at the corner of your mouth when your really thirsty

You have your opinion i have mine

C'est la vie

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2

Just utter nonsense.

Con just do the decent thing and button it about Bannan. Is there anyone who has supported your flimsy argument?

Bannan has scored 0 goals and made 1 assist ALL SEASON!!

Do us all a favour and give up

IF BANNAN IS TAKING THE CORNERS IN TRAINING FOR SET PEICES IT NO WONDER WERE SHIT!!!

I've seen him out in Sutton, his about 5ft tall an struts about in his cardigan like he is something special, (plays like he is to good for the team) if his not pissed. Id love to knock him down a peg or two!!!

IF BANNAN IS TAKING THE CORNERS IN TRAINING FOR SET PEICES IT NO WONDER WERE SHIT!!!

I've seen him out in Sutton, his about 5ft tall an struts about in his cardigan like he is something special, (plays like he is to good for the team) if his not pissed. Id love to knock him down a peg or two!!!

Good to see you are basing his footballing ability on football.

I don't know what I find more irritating. This "15 I hate my father, I'm a big boy post" or watching Bannan attempt to play football on the pitch.

does he really wear a cardigan or did you just make that up?

truthfully ... did he or didn't he wear a cardigan?