Barry Bannan

villianusa

Indeed, Scholes has arguably been the best midfielder the PL has seen in terms of consistently delivering quality in many forms

Absolute model pro aswell

IMO, Scholes was up there with the very best. Zidane, Davids, Nedved...Scholes sits equally with all of those. Phenomenal player.

Never saw it with Scholes tbh.

Good player obviously but imo Giggs and Beckham were both far better and Iniesta is on a completely different planet - as is Xavi

Yes for me Giggs is the nr. 1 player out of United without a doubt. Scholes was a brilliant player who kept on going for too long after becoming crap, and he is one ugly bastard as well, maybe that's why he didn't get all those commercial deals :)

Good player obviously but imo Giggs and Beckham were both far better and Iniesta is on a completely different planet - as is Xavi

I agree with Xavi & Iniesta, but come on...Scholes was far more influential than Giggs or Beckham!

Back on topic, Bannan is capable of the special pass to create a chance. As much as i hate to admit it, he would flourish in a better team surrounded by better/more intelligent players.

I just hope his rave reviews of late have not gone to his head.*

*I dont think they have, im just saying like.

Yes for me Giggs is the nr. 1 player out of United without a doubt. Scholes was a brilliant player who kept on going for too long after becoming crap, and he is one ugly bastard as well, maybe that's why he didn't get all those commercial deals :)

I don't know about that. Scholes is one of the few players that amazes me with their brilliance pretty much every match. I don't think there's ever been a game where I haven't thought to myself "Just wow @ that pass" (Similar to David Silva's assist for Dzeko last week).

Giggs, although flashier never had that wow factor. I think that's what makes Scholes the more special player; nothing flashy but just oozes class. I remember last season away against Marseille. He completely dominated the midfield and showed everyone how it was done, at the age of 35 mind you!

Indeed, Scholes has arguably been the best midfielder the PL has seen in terms of consistently delivering quality in many forms

IMO, Scholes was up there with the very best. Zidane, Davids, Nedved...Scholes sits equally with all of those. Phenomenal player.

As good as Zidane? I would say Zidane was one of the top tier of great players - and Scholes wasn't in that bracket.

Good player obviously but imo Giggs and Beckham were both far better

Beckham was overrated and reason he was shipped out by Fergie so early. Scholes adn Keane were ehartbeat of that United team

As good as Zidane? I would say Zidane was one of the top tier of great players - and Scholes wasn't in that bracket.

From the great man himself....

"My toughest opponent? Scholes of Manchester. He is the complete midfielder"

"Scholes is undoubtedly the best midfielder of his generation"

“He’s almost untouchable in what he does. I never tire of watching him play. You rarely come across the complete footballer, but Scholes is as close to it as you can get.

“One of my regrets is that the opportunity to play alongside him never presented itself during my career.”

“He was an extremely tough opponent to play against. You didn’t get any time on the ball when he was around. He would close you down and make your life ­terribly uncomfortable.

“He is the type of player you want on your side, not in ­opposition because he could do so much damage.

“He is very gifted. He makes the game look easy because he’s so much natural ­ability.”

“It has enabled him to solely concentrate on club football which has ­undoubtedly extended his domestic playing career.

“You have to adapt as you get older. You don’t have strength and energy in abundance. You have to compensate for you age and listen to your body.”

IMO, Scholes was up there with the very best. Davids, Nedved...Scholes sits equally with all of those. Phenomenal player.

fixed for you ;)