Barry Bannan

villianusa

I **** love this thread so much.

I read the other VT threads of the year the other day and I must say I was bitterly disappointed... they don't even come close to this one.

Really? The Ethan Moore one, especially?

Oh yes absolutely. Ethan Moore never played for Villa. Bannan has played many times for Villa ... all badly and for everyone to see yet one person thinks he is world class, is going to sign for one of the top teams in the world and be worth over £20m in a year or two... all based on flawed stats! You can't get any better than that.

I **** love this thread so much.

I read the other VT threads of the year the other day and I must say I was bitterly disappointed... they don't even come close to this one.

Really? The Ethan Moore one, especially?

Oh yes absolutely. Ethan Moore never played for Villa. Bannan has played many times for Villa ... all badly and for everyone to see yet one person thinks he is world class, is going to sign for one of the top teams in the world and be worth over £20m in a year or two... all based on flawed stats! You can't get any better than that.

If only they were being serious.

In the UK it is a requirement of law to state Aspartame or E951 as it's known on the ingredients list if the product contains it.

Aspartame is the shit of Ecoli, which makes it a "Natural flavouring". Is that a loophole for them to smuggle in Aspartame without telling the consumer as it is in the USA? Often when you get the term "Natural flavouring" you get a list in parenthesis ( ) what those are. When you don't get that list, that's when I wonder what those flavourings are...

This is a bit off topic, except in the fact Bannan and Bennett shouldn't be drinking rubbish drinks that will negatively effect their performances. We have proof they both drink bad drinks.

In the UK it is a requirement of law to state Aspartame or E951 as it's known on the ingredients list if the product contains it.

Aspartame is the shit of Ecoli, which makes it a "Natural flavouring". Is that a loophole for them to smuggle in Aspartame without telling the consumer as it is in the USA? Often when you get the term "Natural flavouring" you get a list in parenthesis ( ) what those are. When you don't get that list, that's when I wonder what those flavourings are...

This is a bit off topic, except in the fact Bannan and Bennett shouldn't be drinking rubbish drinks that will negatively effect their performances. We have proof they both drink bad drinks.

You do know almonds contain cyanide right? Guess we have those almonds pushed on us by the evil Almond lobby dead set on keeping the almond-cyanide information from us or, even worse, the fact that Almonds are actually A SEED.

The fact that you believe aspartame chain letters actually informs a large part of this thread.

• Like 1

Ofco

We have proof that Bannan has bad drinks & that Bannan is Rubbish.

You state Aspartame is the shit of Ecoli. I state That Bannan is the shit of our team :P

No we don't. We have proof that Bannan drinks booze and that someone had their picture taken with a soft drink, the feet may or may not be Bennett's and he may or may not have had the drink. Proof you say.... nah not really.

You do know almonds contain cyanide right? Guess we have those almonds pushed on us by the evil Almond lobby dead set on keeping the almond-cyanide information from us or, even worse, the fact that Almonds are actually A SEED.

The fact that you believe aspartame chain letters actually informs a large part of this thread.

The fastest I've ever seen people move was when we smelt almonds in the lab when I was doing me postgrad, fortunately this was due to Gary deciding it was a good idea to heat his Bakewell tart up in the kitchen's microwave. Clown

They used to use arsenic in medicine. Added to tobacco (which was also good for you) it would cure lung problems, whatever those were.

DDT was also good for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf6KkjBCoVU

these days, GM food, aspartame is good for you. as a society we really never learn.

Have we finally reached the end of the Bannan thread? Everyone must be bored now. Bannan's in the reserves, not going to get a game. 

Just a question of him using the England Scotland game to showcase his ability. How will the England fans on here feel about facing Bannan when he plays for Scotland?

Just a question of him using the England Scotland game to showcase his ability. How will the England fans on here feel about facing Bannan when he plays for Scotland?

If he starts I'll be delighted.

Have we finally reached the end of the Bannan thread? Everyone must be bored now. Bannan's in the reserves, not going to get a game. 

So the player with World Class ability is in the reserves & not going to get a game. Totally defeating your stats & your overall argument  there don't you think Con?

I said the other day you were beginning to wobble.

Have you been drinking the same Rubbish as `Wee Barry?`

Or did you put a Bakewell Tart in the Microwave oven :P;)

What I actually said as you are so fond of quoting is that 'Bannan offers nothing physically apart from giving pointless and dangerous free kicks'

As he offers absolutely nothing positive physically giving away even only 8 free kicks is his only significant contribution and I just checked and still believe that 8>>>>0.

I wish I could show a player cam of Bannan in the QPR game after Sylla went off it was absolutely toe-curling, QPR just went through him like he wasn't there. I'm guessing that this combined with his pitiful performance against Liverpool convinced Lambert that could no longer afford to carry the player. Hence him not playing a single minute in the last seven games.

As I said in my original post (the full one not the one that keeps being selectively quoted) Bannan's passing is quite good but this simply isn't enough to compensate him offering absolutely nothing else.

Unfortunately he reminds me of the classic Fred Astaire audition 'can't sing, can't act, balding, can dance a little' quote

Bannan can't score goals, can't create goals, can't take corners, can't take free kicks, can't tackle, can't exhibit any physical presence, can't defend set pieces, can't head, can pass quite well. He's not balding as far as I can see though

I don't dislike Barry Bannan and I wish him well in his future career but he's simply nowhere near good enough if Villa want to challenge for the top half of the Premier League which is where I hope we all want to be.

Hmmm, are we back peddling now? Lol. So he gave away 8 free kicks, one of the least amount in the team, and we don't know if they were dangerous or pointless. Right ok, that's fair enough.

I don't think he was particularly problematic defensively. If you put a player like Bannan in that position surely you expect that, a bi like Scholes. His problems are that he didn't do what he was there to do in an attacking sense.

The problem is that there isn't a single position on the pitch where you could put him and it wouldn't create a huge problem. No where near good enough. Not even close.
I'm not arguing that he's good enough, I'm arguing on a single point that was made.

Many people's objective in this thread is to exaggerate negatives to enforce a narrative that Bannan is the worst player since xxx, purely to troll Con. Con pulled someone out on a point with a perfectly good counter argument a few pages back. People don't like it, because they know it was a good reply, and so then the playground bully tactics come in, where someone posts a gif ridiculing Con's opinion in some way. It's classic trolling. If you can't agree, agree to disagree and move on, stop making shit up to trash our own players with just to point score.

Bannan isn't terrible and useless, he simply hasn't quite made the grade, but I think he'll bounce back in his career. It's not really a fashionable view to have in this thread, but I've never been one to feebly follow the crowd. But everybody carry on if it makes you feel better.

No, you don't feebly follow the crowd & neither do I. One thing I have noticed with you in your posts though is that you have latched on to one single comment made by one single poster Adamus & tried to use that to beat up the rest of the crowd with. I never made that comment, so don't use it against me. Instead, if you care to, go back & read some of my comments with reference to this point & reply to them instead.

You are just like Con in so much as you are selective in which points you will respond to. If they completely defeat your arguement you simply just ignore them.

On this occasion, Con's response was fair & reasonable, I have no problem with that. However, as Adamus has pointed out 8>0 Fact. So Adamus's response is also fair & reasonable too. IMHO

The bottom line though in your own words is you don't back Bannans attacking play & you then state that he is never going to give you tackling & physical presence either?

Forgive me, but what type of player does that add upto then & what does he bring to the table then to justify selection?

As according to you I don't understand football or understand Bannan please enlighten us with your unparallelled footballing technical genius & appraisal as to what this magic ingredient & enigma is & what the rest of us alleged footballing ignoramuses are missing?

This question still remains unanswered by you.

If you are as fair minded as you claim then please provide an answer.

Additionally, If you are as fair minded as you claim are you now going to condemn Con for claiming that Bannan is World Class?

Or are you simply just going to ignore the challenge set by this post?

My point from the start, which you've missed, HAS NOT been one in praise of Bannan, but rather one of defending him against a specific criticism that I think isn't deserved or relevant. Because as Con pointed out, he statistically doesn't give away many free kicks, whether those few were pointless or dangerous as stated by Adamus, is less provable, but anecdotally I cannot remember that being a problem of Bannan's.

This is a good example the type of post in this thread, as its objective is clearly to create and exaggerate a negative in order to enforce a narrative, that Bannan is the worst player since *crap player x*, and Con is an idiot to think otherwise.

Con's views are often nuts, but agree to disagree and move on. It really gets beyond when a legitimate researched reply from Con which challenges the claims in a post is in turn met with sglib responses or silly gifs, as was the case here.

Finally, I have given exactly my views on Bannan quite a lot, I cannot see how you have missed the one in the last few pages??

• Like 1

Natural flavors is also allowed to hide MSG in America, not sure about your UK regulations. Anyway, back to Bannan, Think he could do decent in the championship?

Edited by Rovers13

I think it would be best for him to go to his boyhood club Celtic

No chance. Not good enough.

He was awful when he played for Scotland so (a) not much hope of getting a decent move out of it and (B) I'd love it if he started against England but it really wouldn't surprise me if he got dumped from the first team again.