Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

If we sign anything of the quality of Young and Downing I'll be staggered.

N'Zogbia nearly done. Hes on par if not better than those two. IMO of course.

He's not though is he - if he was better than Young, MU would have signed him for half the cost. I didn't think that Downing was all that but just 'cos he's left us doesn't suddenly make him crap

We have'nt signed Zog yet but if we do he will be a level below Young and we will have gone backwards

If you read my post properly i didnt say he was better, i said on par if not better.

Id say in terms of ability they are on a par, its just that N'Zogbia's application of that ability isnt always as regular as Downing or Young. But who knows, in a better team with better players around him he may be able to apply it more regularly.

But...

Over the last couple of years id say N'Zogbia has been the better player. He is the heartbeat of that Wigan side and without him they would have been relegated a long time ago. Hes shown that hes got it all tbh...good dribbler, good passer, pace to burn, versatile, scores some cracking goals and has a good work rate.

So i stand by what i said. Hes on par if not better than those two.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This?? The deal is nearly done. :winkold:

He's not though is he - if he was better than Young, MU would have signed him for half the cost. I didn't think that Downing was all that but just 'cos he's left us doesn't suddenly make him crap

We have'nt signed Zog yet but if we do he will be a level below Young and we will have gone backwards

If you read my post properly i didnt say he was better, i said on par if not better.

Id say in terms of ability they are on a par, its just that N'Zogbia's application of that ability isnt always as regular as Downing or Young. But who knows, in a better team with better players around him he may be able to apply it more regularly.

But...

Over the last couple of years id say N'Zogbia has been the better player. He is the heartbeat of that Wigan side and without him they would have been relegated a long time ago. Hes shown that hes got it all tbh...good dribbler, good passer, pace to burn, versatile, scores some cracking goals and has a good work rate.

So i stand by what i said. Hes on par if not better than those two.

Brilliant - we'll sell Young for £17m and buy Zog whose a better player for half the money.

Any more world class players in the Premiership who can be bought for less half their real value that you know of ?

Let's shut this one down and agree to disagree - You think Zog is better I think that Young is

Oh yes. Sorry, my bad.

If you must know, he popped round for a cuppa after training and we discussed it at length. 8)

Oh, so the deal is not nearly done?? Which is it?

Not really, he has just used us as a stepping stone to get to where he wanted to get.

He's done a lot less than what Bent did, he did a lot less than what NZogbia is about to do.

He was relegated with Boro, he was crocked, we offerred him PL footie, he took it, he played bloody well and now he has a chance to go where he wants.

Personally, I haven't got an issue with it - at least he has been honest and at least he put his money where his mouth was.

You gonna applaud him on his return to Villa Park?

I'm sure 99% of Villa Park will be booing the prick.

Not really, he has just used us as a stepping stone to get to where he wanted to get.

He's done a lot less than what Bent did, he did a lot less than what NZogbia is about to do.

He was relegated with Boro, he was crocked, we offerred him PL footie, he took it, he played bloody well and now he has a chance to go where he wants.

Personally, I haven't got an issue with it - at least he has been honest and at least he put his money where his mouth was.

You gonna applaud him on his return to Villa Park?

I'm sure 99% of Villa Park will be booing the prick.

I hope so. He's really stuck the knife in hard.

If i know Stewart Downing, he will duck out of that fixture quicker than shit off a shovel.

Especially if Petrov is playing :lol:

I'm drooling at the thought of Delph, Petrov and Makoun being unleashed on that prick all at the same time. It's gonna be a bloodbath. :)

This is making me laugh.

Downing shit on Villa.

Sorry, is this the same Villa that have just had to pay compensation for tapping up our neighbours manager ?.

Is this not the same Villa who apparently didn't speak to Bent until a fee was agreed, even though the story broke on this site the previous week.

Grow up ! - Downing has done nothing more than we have done, only he did it correctly, by handing in a transfer request - not trying to do it on the sly so he can save a wad of cash.

What would you rather do? Keep a player who dosen't want to play for us and have him dawdling around for 90 minutes or get £20 million for him? Same with the others, no-brainer really...

This is making me laugh.

Downing shit on Villa.

Sorry, is this the same Villa that have just had to pay compensation for tapping up our neighbours manager ?.

Is this not the same Villa who apparently didn't speak to Bent until a fee was agreed, even though the story broke on this site the previous week.

Grow up ! - Downing has done nothing more than we have done, only he did it correctly, by handing in a transfer request - not trying to do it on the sly so he can save a wad of cash.

There are ways to leave a club and there are ways to not leave a club. For the former, see Young. For the latter, see Barry and now Downing.

Correction. He TRIED to do it on the sly, but when that didnt happen he had no choice but to put it in writing.

Either way Liverpool are buying players , just bought our best player of last season and will be competeing for European places ..

As we've lost our best players , signed no one , have a rubbish manager and will probably spend most of next season down with the dunces in wrong end of league

Either way Liverpool are buying players , just bought our best player of last season and will be competeing for European places ..
They're buying players yes, but so what? Given the money they've been spending and the big club that they supposedly are, you'd think they'd be able to get better than Downing and Henderson.

Â