Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Downing, 27 later this month, will now undergo a medical for Liverpool as well as officially discussing personal terms. The fee is believed to be worth up to £20m. It’s important to note the words “up to” – that price is understood to include a number of add-on clauses containing conditions that need to be met for the fee to reach that value.

Jim Boardman - LPool writer

I think you'll find that SD had been told he was wasting his time handing one in unless the right bid came in for him.

Where will we find this information, please?

I've had two bits of conflicting supposed ITK in the last week or so from Brum.

Unfortunately the one that I didn't want to believe has proved to be right.

He told me 2 weeks ago that Downing was off for definite, they were just arguing about the fee and after Barry fiasco Liverpool were determined to get their man this time and pay the price.

Gareth Barry was a much better player than Stewart Downing and worth fighting for.

Downing is a money grabbing selfish prick who I was not a fan of before we signed him, but he did win me over last season. Guess I'm back to thinking he is a piece of shit.

His agent must also be a complete cock. Hope none of our other players are involved with that guy.

Transfer request handed in YESTERDAY.

I think you'll find that SD had been told he was wasting his time handing one in unless the right bid came in for him.

Whats that got to do with it? Your theory has just been exposed as bullshit unfortunately. He handed in a transfer request Tuesday and the third and successful bid came in Wednesday night. Then the right bid did come in and guess what? A £20m deal agreed. :winkold:

Villa want to make this deal look as good as possible, if a 'huge' offer had come in like you suggested (for some reason), the club would want that to be out in the public. :winkold:

Villa don't normally disclose fees. Like I said I was told 2 weeks ago it was a done deal but only if it was the right price.

Can I just ask why winkolds appear after every sentence in your posts?

Do you have a tick?

Can I also just say on a positive note that the same person told me Milner wanted to come back for definite.

Which is why I thought what he'd told me about Downing was probably tosh! Well I was hoping.

Where will we find this information, please?

I've had two bits of conflicting supposed ITK in the last week or so from Brum.

Unfortunately the one that I didn't want to believe has proved to be right.

He told me 2 weeks ago that Downing was off for definite, they were just arguing about the fee and after Barry fiasco Liverpool were determined to get their man this time and pay the price.

So, nowhere apart from some unsubstantiated gossip?

So, nowhere apart from some unsubstantiated gossip?

in fact Snowy not just what I'd been told but if you read the B'ham evening mail article and other articles you will see that this is also mentioned.

I think IIRC it is in the same article with quotes from McCleish that Kendrick wrote about Liverpool wasting their time coming back with another bid.

Also Barry handed in a transfer request but we didn't sell him to Liverpool, so why would a transfer request from Downing be the seal in the deal?

Granted AM is a different manager, but he was quite adamant we weren't selling Downing unless a really big offer came in...so what's changed?

Transfer request handed in YESTERDAY.

Whats that got to do with it? Your theory has just been exposed as bullshit unfortunately. He handed in a transfer request Tuesday and the third and successful bid came in Wednesday night. Then the right bid did come in and guess what? A £20m deal agreed. :winkold:

Villa want to make this deal look as good as possible, if a 'huge' offer had come in like you suggested (for some reason), the club would want that to be out in the public. :winkold:

Villa don't normally disclose fees. Like I said I was told 2 weeks ago it was a done deal but only if it was the right price.

Can I just ask why winkolds appear after every sentence in your posts?

Do you have a tick?

Move over Ricky Gervais, COMEDY GOLD this stuff. :winkold:

Really?? 2 weeks ago?? Shocking stuff this. It was common knowledge, all over the papers etc, so lets not even go there.

Who said anything about disclosing fees?? If they wanted the HUGE fee to be in the public domain, they could leak it. Simples. £20m. Accept it.

You seem to make grand statements...then when you get quizzed further, you either ignore it or found to be talking gash. :? :winkold: :winkold: :winkold:

You seem to make grand statements...then when you get quizzed further, you either ignore it or found to be taling gash

Where have I ignored something?.. I've answered every point you've raised!

I've been posting on VT for long enough now for people to know that I don't spout tosh.

No wonder people don't bother posting ITK stuff anymore.

You don't know what is going to come out in the next week or so, who is going to sign... or what McCleish is going to say to the fans

The same person who told me Downing was going for definite had agreed terms in fact ALSO told me Milner wanted to come back

for definite at the same time. Which is why I thought he was wrong!!

He told me Villa wouldn't sell unless Liverpool paid a large fee & that's what they were arguing about holding it up. Any transfer request being submitted made no difference, but it was practically a done deal

Where have I ignored something?.. I've answered every point you've raised!

I've been posting on VT for long enough now for people to know that I don't spout tosh.

No wonder people don't bother posting ITK stuff anymore.

You don't know what is going to come out in the next week or so, who is going to sign... or what McCleish is going to say to the fans

The same person who told me Downing was going for definite had agreed terms in fact ALSO told me Milner wanted to come back

for definite at the same time. Which is why I thought he was wrong!!

You've dodged pretty much everything, going off on one, taking the convo onto other irrelevant things.

I very much doubt that and as I said before the Downing to Liverpool story was EVERYWHERE weeks ago. So much for ITK. :winkold:

The player agreed terms, do you mean?

All the talk has been about Villa accepting £19million for their man, but that is simply not the case, according to Eck.

He's quoted in The Birmingham Mail as saying: "He had a magnificent season last year and really came to full maturity as a top player.

"I understand why there's teams interested in him and that is what happens when you play well consistently.

"His performances last season were top draw.

"That's why he's not for sale. The club don't want to sell him. I spoke to him briefly last week and I intend speaking to him again when all the lads are back in for training."

There you go.. direct quotes in the Mail from McCleish July 7th IIRC... so what's changed then???

Please explain why NOW we've accepted a bid of about £19M

And let's face it McCleish's article about Downing being such a professional yesterday... looks pretty stupid if Villa just rolled over and said

OK.. £18.75 plus add ons.... "hmm that'll do Stewart.. wouldn't want to get in the way of your plans now would we?"

What part of he handed in a transfer request do you not understand? **** me, not difficult this. Do keep up. It's not £19, it's £18.5m. Possibly rising to £20m.

Ok, lets start off with....where did their owner say he'll be spending 100m??

Â