Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

Annnnnd, even if he is a squad player at one of the top 4 teams, he is still one of our best players. Soo, your argument is flawed I'm afraid. It's about what is right for us. Houllier will decide. And I am 99% certain downing will be with us next season and starting.

Think youve missed the point. I dont want rid of him, I just believe we need better or at least we need our best player to be of a better standard than him to move up to where we all want to be

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what is the point of even debating about us having players worth £40-50 million on £175k wages a week? because it ain't going to happen under Randy for a while, maybe never to be honest. Certainly not any time soon so it's just utterly pointless.

When did I say they had to be those players!

I just said they had to be better than Stewart Downing, who would be a squad player imo as he would at any of the top 4.

Well debatable, I think he'd start at some of the top 4...and given the fact we're not in the top 4, it doesn't matter. He's been our best player this season so why would he even want to replace him.

I think you should play FM if you want your fantasy team.

Right POB, this is how I see it and you can tell me if Im wrong

People said Downings been our best player this season

Fair enough

I suggest that in order to be more succesful and get to where we want to be, we need better players being our best player, as I dont believe SD at his best is good enough to be a best player at a top 4 or 5 club.

Your arguement is..............

Go and play FM if you want your fantasy team :?

So what is the point of even debating about us having players worth £40-50 million on £175k wages a week? because it ain't going to happen under Randy for a while, maybe never to be honest. Certainly not any time soon so it's just utterly pointless.

When did I say they had to be those players!

I just said they had to be better than Stewart Downing, who would be a squad player imo as he would at any of the top 4.

Well debatable, I think he'd start at some of the top 4...and given the fact we're not in the top 4, it doesn't matter. He's been our best player this season so why would he even want to replace him.

I think you should play FM if you want your fantasy team.

Right POB, this is how I see it and you can tell me if Im wrong

People said Downings been our best player this season

Fair enough

I suggest that in order to be more succesful and get to where we want to be, we need better players being our best player, as I dont believe SD at his best is good enough to be a best player at a top 4 or 5 club.

Your arguement is..............

Go and play FM if you want your fantasy team :?

Yeah because clearly Downing and no player we will ever sign in the next however many years will be the best player at a top 4/5 club. :?

By going on your own point, we need a completely new squad of players consisting of Fabregas, Vidic, Essien etc....which is just a totally and utterly pointless debate because that won't happen. :?

From our point of view, taking everything into account, it would appear that Young is a little more capable and a lot less consistent. He's also only 1 year younger than DJ. I think people forget that too.

Based on this season, I think the biggest difference is DJ is more effective but Ash is flashier. The latter is more likely to be noticed and get you off your seat but DJ, for me, is more important.

Yeah because clearly Downing and no player we will ever sign in the next however many years will be the best player at a top 4/5 club. :?

By going on your own point, we need a completely new squad of players consisting of Fabregas, Vidic, Essien etc....which is just a totally and utterly pointless debate because that won't happen. :?

Tottenham seem to be doing pretty well at it without Fabregas, Vidic, essien. Theyve been working on it longer of course, but why cant we???

Tottenham seem to be doing pretty well at it without Fabregas, Vidic, essien. Theyve been working on it longer of course, but why cant we???

Exactly and they have no players who who would be the best player for a top inside the top 4 (previous year), so it goes completely against your point. You just need a team of very good players playing at their best in the best system for them.

I wouldn't say there is much difference in ability between Lennon and Downing and one is good enough for CL, one isn't?...Downing is good enough and if we are to push further, he's EXACTLY the sort of player we need to keep and it's others we need to replace first.

Exactly and they have no players who who would be the best player for a top inside the top 4, so it goes completely against your point. You just need a team of very good players playing at their best in the best system for them.

I wouldn't say there is much difference in ability between Lennon and Downing and one is good enough for CL, one isn't?...Downing is good enough and if we are to push further, he's EXACTLY the sort of player we need to keep and it's others we need to replace first.

Last time i looked Tottenham were a top 4/5 club and in the champions league which puts them in the top 4/5 teams I bracketed as teams we are aiming for. Our best players need to be as good as there best players - eg, Modric, bale, VDV

Agreed Downing and Lennon are pretty equal. But lennon is not one of Tottenhams best player!! If he was, they wouldnt be where they are. Hence the reason why were not ther with Downing as one of our best players (albeit theres more too it than that).

Also, Ive never once said we need to get rid of Downing.

Do us fans really need to compare Downing and Young. They are both great players and if we lost either one it would be a blow. And like an article i read last week we need to stop focusing on their inabilities and look at what they can do and what Young and Downing can do they do it brilliantly so stop comparing support them both and get behind the team! UTV

Lennon is shit compared to Downing. In fact I wouldn't swap Lennon for any of our three wingers. Albrighton could arguably go into most PL sides.

Lennon is shit compared to Downing. In fact I wouldn't swap Lennon for any of our three wingers. Albrighton could arguably go into most PL sides.

Lennon might play in the Champions League final, might even win the winner. He is not shit (even compared to Downing).

I personally think Lennon is a fast headless chicken. He normally whacks the ball into Crouch. Like Walcott except Walcott does stuff. Downing is far more cultured a winger, but Lennon plays for Spurs, as opposed to Downing who has been practically dragging us!

Cant see how anybody can argue with this.

Downing oozes class, and has got better and better as the season progresses. My Villa Player of the season by a country mile, and that besides him being a pussy 8) :lol:

Albrighton has waned a little, but he got injured and its hard to hit the heights he was playing at before then. Man United at home showed how good this lad will be, and definately my young player of the year.

Ashley vs Lennon? Lol, lets not even go there! :lol:

All three are far better footballers, and all three are a class above Lennon. Take Lennons pace away, and what have you got??

In fact, he makes so many bad decisions once hes past the defender, its unreal. Compare that to our three :winkold:

I won't reveal who the world class player is, but you will have to wait and see. Hopefully the 19th march will show a glimpse of the man. Theres a clue, it's definitely a male. I agree, take away the pace of Lennon, and the way he knocks the ball past a defender, you got nout. His crossing is poor. Downing is way better than him.

I can't wait till we win. :)

I can't say...you'll hate me. But there absolutely IS someone in that bracket...

Sali, Salifouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

You know full well that he is not a world class player, but an adonnis! A god if you will. A world class player would be his puppet

Wash your mouth out

Â