Who will sign Beattie?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who will sign Beattie?

• Villa
    • Charlton
    • Spurs
    • Liverplop

I tell you what, the Blues fans will be silenced when BT joins

They won't, they will say things like "He's overrated", "He won't score goals for you" and "He's got nothing on our superstar Emile Heskey".

Man Utd have a lot of strikers out at the moment and it wouldn't surprise me to see him go there.

If not Liverpool now that Owen has left.

However I want him at Villa Park as he averages more than a goal every other game so is a class act.

Fair play Lancs, I reckon BT will sign Monday/Tuesday, this is simply because of unrest in the fans and all that. I honmestly can't see BT going anywere but Villa simply because of what Lancs has said. I would/will be chuffed to have "Beattie" printed onto my cows shirt this season.

Up the Villa

I reckon that it's in our hands whether Beattie signs or not, but my gut feeling is that if somebody like Charlton or Spurs stuck in an 8 million offer, we wouldn't match it. But I'd love to be wrong!!!

I think Beattie will leave anyway and his preferred destination would be Villa. Maybe we'll do a 'Berson' and get him for 6million and Makan at the end of the month?

As things stand and as long as no other club bids over £6m then Beattie will join us, as long as we can match his wage demands as no doubt other bidders would be prepared to do and as long as Southampton will sell an unhappy player for less than they really want for him. And that's assuming Liverpool don't get in for him before we have finalised the deal, so we can't afford to hang around then folks! Will it happen? For some reason (namely our chairman), I very much doubt it! :oops:

the papers are indicating that Spuds are offering cash + Kanoute for Beattie - even in my claret n' blue tinted glasses that sounds a good deal.

Today is the day, if we're going to sign him or not. What better opportunity we will get with both Chairman together????

My fingers are crossed!