The New Condem Government

bickster

Interesting seeing some of the comments on here of late and then reading some of the di canio stuff. The definitions of fascism and the beliefs of ukip and their supporters certainly do make a similar pairing.

Also to see tony describe the bbc as left wing as some sort of 'insult' is very funny. I am supposing that political big wigs like robinson (ex young tory leader) and marr are left wing? Also yes it is a tax as ddid says its all words but bottom line is still that the poorer will be hit by this and is in reality a tax. Maybe that other tory tax, the poll tax wasnt a tax either?

31,000 posts and a long standing VT gag / meme  that someone with 12 posts would have got goes straight over your head  ..for shame

you see tony the fact that ids was calling the bbc left wing yesterday sort of pisses on your parade somewhat. For shame indeed

Interesting the definitions of fascism . Using wiki (which now seems to be ok) makes interesting reading when comparing to ukip beliefs (also how many tory supporters also seemingly support ukip i wonder if cchq would be interested in that view)

I have 'liked' this and also, thank you for the new word.

Obfuscate.

Ob•fus•cate.

No worries. :)

I picked it up back in the day when I was doing Paul Scott's Staying On for English A level:

"...I could not expect to be able to jog a memory so deeply buried in deliberate forgetfulness and wilful obfuscation."

"Obverse-what?"

"Obfuscation. It is a word currently popular among critics of government. This morning I find it pertinent to you, Tusker. You obfuscate. You stupefy me. You bewilder me. I do not know where I am when I talk to you."

Interesting seeing some of the comments on here of late and then reading some of the di canio stuff. The definitions of fascism and the beliefs of ukip and their supporters certainly do make a similar pairing.

Also to see tony describe the bbc as left wing as some sort of 'insult' is very funny. I am supposing that political big wigs like robinson (ex young tory leader) and marr are left wing? Also yes it is a tax as ddid says its all words but bottom line is still that the poorer will be hit by this and is in reality a tax. Maybe that other tory tax, the poll tax wasnt a tax either?

31,000 posts and a long standing VT gag / meme  that someone with 12 posts would have got goes straight over your head  ..for shame

you see tony the fact that ids was calling the bbc left wing yesterday sort of pisses on your parade somewhat. For shame indeed

Your good at this calling everyone a liar malarkey aren't you  ...

If IDS called the BBC left wing yesterday then your post is the first I've heard of it  to the point I i will stake that on the life of my children  , wife , cat and anyone else dear to me

or you could just call me a liar again   ....

Edited by tonyh29

Interesting the definitions of fascism . Using wiki (which now seems to be ok) makes interesting reading when comparing to ukip beliefs (also how many tory supporters also seemingly support ukip i wonder if cchq would be interested in that view)

Please, explain how they are similar - instead of just repeating the post from the previous page again. What similarities did you find interesting?

EDIT: In fact, what similarities did you find at all?

The essence of fascism is an authoritarian and totalitarian state to which the individual is subordinated, the complete opposite of liberal democracy. UKIP are (some would say obsessively) anti-big state, pro market, pro individual liberty, pro decentralisation of power. UKIP's approach could crudely be summed up as the government getting out of the way and letting people get on with their own lives - the complete opposite of fascism.

Sorry Drat, but that's a big fat fail from you.

Edited by Awol

Please, explain how they are similar - instead of just repeating the post from the previous page again. What similarities did you find interesting?
i find the thinking of ukip (and i suspect many of its supporters) very much in the same 'ball park' as a lot of the definitions re fascism which as i said have been all over the press re dicanio. Maybe not living in the uk you have not seen or heard a lot of what has been said? You obviously see no similarities as a kip supporter so be it, but considering that fascism is not a party as such with set policies but more an idealogy its a fair comparison to make , imo and interesting to see the similarities and thinking or at least the thinking they allow to be publically stated

Just because the mirror published it - doesn't mean Tony had seen it when he posted his comment. I fail to see what linking the article achieves or contributes to the discussion.

On a far lighter note, I love this quote: "Fran Upsworth is acting head of BBC news and was sent the letter after Duncan Smith became enraged"

Portraying IDS as a pokemon with a crap move to of "letter writting" is brilliant.  "IDS became enraged. He wrote a letter in anger."

Andrew Marr isn't a journalist, he's a fluffer for Labour MP's.

• Like 1

i find the thinking of ukip (and i suspect many of its supporters) very much in the same 'ball park' as a lot of the definitions re fascism which as i said have been all over the press re dicanio. Maybe not living in the uk you have not seen or heard a lot of what has been said? You obviously see no similarities as a kip supporter so be it, but considering that fascism is not a party as such with set policies but more an idealogy its a fair comparison to make , imo and interesting to see the similarities and thinking or at least the thinking they allow to be publically stated

Applying the same logic - you could happily compare the nationalisation of the rail industry for example with Bolshevism. :blink::rolleyes:

When did i call you a liar exactly? Once again tony your attempts to ruin a thread are there for all to see. I suppose this may get an apology from you? I suspect not http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2293639/Iain-Duncan-Smiths-fury-BBC-adopting-language-Labour-calling-benefit-cut-bedroom-tax.html

hang on , you call me a liar and now i'm attempting to derail a thread   :wacko:

I'll say again ,  of the web sites I browsed yesterday i didn't visit  one where IDS referred to the BBC as left wing , now  maybe he said it and there is such a page out there but i DIDN'T see it , so until your post earlier it was all news to me  ..Ok , clear  ?

I'm really not sure what you are trying to achieve here ??

Just because the mirror published it - doesn't mean Tony had seen it when he posted his comment. I fail to see what linking the article achieves or contributes to the discussion.

On a far lighter note, I love this quote: "Fran Upsworth is acting head of BBC news and was sent the letter after Duncan Smith became enraged"

Portraying IDS as a pokemon with a crap move to of "letter writting" is brilliant.  "IDS became enraged. He wrote a letter in anger."

what has the mirror got to do with it? And the fact that the article shows that tory supporting media, mail and many others were reporting "labour supporting bbc" etc shows that this is obviously the deflection message being put out by tory supporters. Rather than discussing the relative merits of what is being done. Really dont see what your point is eames, no one called tony a liar, despite the attempts to ruin the thread

what has the mirror got to do with it? And the fact that the article shows that tory supporting media, mail and many others were reporting "labour supporting bbc" etc shows that this is obviously the deflection message being put out by tory supporters. Rather than discussing the relative merits of what is being done. Really dont see what your point is eames, no one called tony a liar, despite the attempts to ruin the thread

**I meant the Mail to be fair.

Awol . As a ukip supporter how do you feel about the formal links the party has with bodies such as "europe of freedom and democracy" group.? Especially as some fellow members are confirmed fascists such as italialian liga nord etc?

Isn't this prejudice?

Isn't this prejudice?

Yes.

Isn't this prejudice?

how is it? Interesting deflection i must admit a new one for vt . Many ukip supporters hold similar views to those for example of the italian party i asked awol about but he chose not to discuss. Do a read about emp and ukip having to leave party etc.

So rather than try and make this a personal attack on me you could explain why cameron described ukip as he did previously? What the alliance as mentioned shows for ukip and its thinking and maybe why you would prefer to deflect from discussing this and things like the bedroom tax?

Isn't this prejudice?

Yes.

** Yes but its ok becase he's "Left Wing" and therefore can't possibly be sinister or wrong in any way shape of form.

oh dear abuse . Tried to hide it eames? Im sure that is against forum rules

well haven't you prejudged the views of many ukip supporters?

I will admit that I have, personally. Following the debate so far I've yet to be proven incorrect in my assumption. The racial motivation is stark.

Do carry on though.

I haven't tried to hide anything. Its there in plain view.

As to your accusation. Report the post and lets let the Mods sort it out.

I stand by it since you are very free and easy with wide generalisations and name calling when it suits your agenda, but first in line with the bleating when you are called out on your nonsense.

As I said, lets let the Mods take a view since further discouse would be utterly pointless.

Â