The New Condem Government

bickster

I see the Tories are trying to spin a line that she was cleared of the allegations against her, and was hounded from office.

No remorse, no shame, no understanding. They really, really don't get it.

she will repay all the money she 'embezzled'/stole'

Looking at Mrs Miller, i don't think she is able too, I think she spent the money on Pies and Doughnuts

Edited by mockingbird_franklin

The vast majority of resignations as a result of scandals/poor behaviour react in this way. Dragged from office by an evil media.

Cameron has shown nothing but weakness over this issue from start to finish. He isn't going to reverse himself now.

And she has resigned, about time.

Now all she needs to do is pay back all the money she made from her fraud, and for me that that includes the original sum and the profits

That and face prosecution for fraud.

yes of course, but the CPS are too busy pursuing the real hardened criminals to be bothered with the likes of this, like people who have stolen waste food from supermarket bins. Anyhow if anyone gets done for benefit fraud, remember just offer a half hearted grudging apology and give about 10% back and you should be fine.

If you want to understand this steaming pile of runny turd government, it can be summed up by the refusal to admit any wrong doing by Maria Millar and the fact Micheal Fabricant has been sacked for his opinions over the matter summed up by the following appearing on his twitter

Mr Fabricant tweeted: “BREAKING: Maria Miller has resigned. Well, about time. And just before #PMQs today.”

speaking the truth is deemed a more serious offense than stealing public money

• Like 3

Another example of the rich getting off where others would have been prosecuted.

It is the steady and repeated occurrence of things like this that destroys confidence in fairness and justice.

A bit of Guardian desperation really.

Evading justice isn't the preserve of the rich. Plenty of violent offenders, rich and poor,  are put back on the streets immediately.

Fairness and justice? Not in Britain in this millennium. Too much leniency in general.

Evading justice isn't the preserve of the rich.

Buying one's way out of it would logically seem to be the preserve of the rich. though, surely?

It's not about 'leniency' (that's for your Howard 'prison works' kind of discussion)- it's about level playing fields and the like (including access to justice - something which this current government seem to be intentionally skewing toward the rich and against the poor).

Edited by snowychap

Evading justice isn't the preserve of the rich.

Buying one's way out of it would logically seem to be the case. though, surely?

Sure, I guess that the ordinary people who get off without paying see it as some form of legal aid.

I am pretty sure that most countries would give an option to pay, especially when they see the kind of figure involved, and have the likelihood of getting it.

It's like the speeding fine system in Finland - means tested.

Â