Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We certainly need more midfielders, centrally anyway.

Sidwell (Shown nothing.)

NRC (Leaving now or in a years time.)

Delph (Injured)

Osbourne (:lol:)

Salifou (:lol:)

Milner (Going?)

Petrov (Getting older)

When you compare it to teams we're competing with, we're quite poor and its such a crucial area in a side.

it's an embarassing situation for a supposed top 6 club to be in

There is no supposed about it.

would any other top 10 side let their CM situation get this bad?

we might have to rely on Osbourne at this rate

Milner hasn't gone yet and it is 1st July. I see no bad situation as of yet.

Relax, it's July. The season doesn't start for another 6 weeks.

Milner hasn't gone yet and it is 1st July. I see no bad situation as of yet.

I'm sure you would've said the exact same thing this time last year, I'll look forward to another Wigan debacle then! May I remind you that, that game cost us CL football!

I'm sure you would've said the exact same thing this time last year, I'll look forward to another Wigan debacle then! May I remind you that, that game cost us CL football!

I could have sworn we finished six points off fourth.

Anyway I wouldn't mind Ireland. Could well be a deal being tied up as part of the Milner deal if that is going through.

I'm positive that the club have players lined up IF Milner is to leave.

They know what price they'll yield to (the reported £30m) and will have their plans laid out if this sum is met - this has been rumbling on since the end of last season and I can't see MON or the club receiving the money from the transfer and then thinking 'hmmmm, who can we buy with this???'

Personally, I think we need another winger (who can play on the right) to add to Downing, Young and Albrighton, maybe 2 central midfielders to allow for the losses of Milner (if he goes!) and Sidwell. Back up full backs (both flanks) and the all important goal scoring striker!!!

So that's 6 players in my reckoning..... :shock:

I can see us jettisoning the likes of Sidwell, Shorey, Heskey, Young (L not A!) and Harewood (if he hasn't left already on a free today!)

Interesting times ahead and another closed season of mystery....

Not much in the way of gossip/speculation comes out of VP, with the club and MON holding their cards close to their chest.... I expect the same this transfer window too... Infuriating but classier than Saggyface hawking his goods to all and sundry!

I'm sure that if the Blackburn game actually meant something, we would have beaten then

Anyway I wouldn't mind Ireland. Could well be a deal being tied up as part of the Milner deal if that is going through.

I could have sworn we dropped more points than just the 3 against Wigan.

The games that cost us CL football were the 4 in a row against Wolves, Sunderland and 2 other very beatable teams. We should have been looking at 9-12 points and ended up getting half that.

Some local paper, I guess in the Luton area says Davies has been transfer listed. Which adds to the rumours that he will be leaving.

http://www.dunstabletoday.co.uk/luton-sport/Davies-transfer-listed-by-Villa.6390593.jp

Would be a shame if so, he's got potential to be a good defender, alongside the right partner. Maybe MON is worried about his injury problems or they've fell out, can't see why we'd sell otherwise.

I could have sworn we dropped more points than just the 3 against Wigan.

The games that cost us CL football were the 4 in a row against Wolves, Sunderland and 2 other very beatable teams. We should have been looking at 9-12 points and ended up getting half that.

agreed but it was the manner of the Wigan defeat that disappointed me, we just didn't seem prepared and I'm scared it will happen again

Some local paper, I guess in the Luton area says Davies has been transfer listed. Which adds to the rumours that he will be leaving.

http://www.dunstabletoday.co.uk/luton-sport/Davies-transfer-listed-by-Villa.6390593.jp

Would be a shame if so, he's got potential to be a good defender, alongside the right partner. Maybe MON is worried about his injury problems or they've fell out, can't see why we'd sell otherwise.

Be a shame if he goes and a mistake.

Be a shame if he goes and a mistake.

We'll have no players left at this rate!