Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its right what someone wrote on another thread , instead of reporting good news about someone who has actually spoke to Lerner and discussed his plans (namley Mr Fear), we get a report from some twirp that still wants Ellis in charge and likes the sound of his own voice .

Why are the Mail still in buisness ??????

This Fisher chap obviously likes the sound of his own voice. because it is plainly obvious to all concerned that neither does he have the intelligence to realise what is in Villa's best interest, nor does he have any interest in pursuing what is in Villa's best interest.

Quite frankly Mr Fischer you are a self important , pontificating sicophant hell bent on your own agenda, and in love with your own voice.

I'm beginning to think its a good thing that Doug is becoming life president. He will obviously see the role as a way of keeping himself in the public eye and as some sort of figurehead at the club.

For this reason and with him having a rather large ego I'd imagine he'd have it in his head that in 3 months, 6 months, 9 months etc he can pop up in the media and proclaim what a great job he did by selling the club to such great new owners so any success that we may achieve is really down to him.

For the above reason therefore he is hardly likely to sell the club to a bunch of tossers and the fact that the AV06 bid may pocket him another couple of million will mean very little to him. At the end of the day he is 82 and the likelihood of him being able to spend it is very slim.

Therfore the main factor in Dougs mind to who he sells to will be whether the new owners can be successful as he will have it in his mind that any success will then be partly down to him and he will absolutley revel in that far more than an extra couple of mill.

AV06 have so far been all fart and no shit and I honestly can't see that changing. If it does and they put a better package on the table for the future of our club than Lerners then great. If not what a fantastic time we appear to have ahead of us with Randy.

I guess a simple takeover isn't exciting news so they have to have a shocking headline every day. Go out and find one of the few who has reservations, make them seem like representatives of a large sect of Villa fans and mix in their quotes with quotes from Padfield and then throw in an unfounded statement that his bid is close to being accepted! Fantastic journalism.

Can someone answer me this question please. Sorry if it has already been answered within this thread but I cant trapes through 392 pages. If the Lerner deal has been accepted why havent the LSE suspended trading in Villa shares?

Can someone answer me this question please. Sorry if it has already been answered within this thread but I cant trapes through 392 pages. If the Lerner deal has been accepted why havent the LSE suspended trading in Villa shares?

Because the acceptance is subject to some conditions.

The first is a 10 calander period whereby another bidder can come in with a bid 5% or more above the Lerner bid - this though is also subject to approval by Rothschilds, Ellis/Petchey and the ACFC board. If this 10 days passes without another formal bid, Lerner does then officially own the Ellis and Petchey shares.

The 2nd timescale is for 21 days - which allows all other shareholders to respond and either accept and sell their shares to Lerner or not.

One other final condition is that for the TO to then be completed, 75% of shares must be in control of RAL (The group under which Lerner is bidding set up for this purpose).

I think thats the whole ins and outs of it. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong anywhere with this.

I am woried about reaching the 75%, especially if most of the shares are held by fans in small scale - ie. 1 or 2. I suspect a lot can't be bothered filling out forms for just 1 share. Do any of you have an idea of how many shareholders there are?

i was just thinking actually.

If 10% are AWOL. then 75% is harder to reach isnt it?

and how may do you think will be held by small institutions?

I am woried about reaching the 75%, especially if most of the shares are held by fans in small scale - ie. 1 or 2. I suspect a lot can't be bothered filling out forms for just 1 share. Do any of you have an idea of how many shareholders there are?

75% might sound quite a lot, but in reality, it is only another 18.2% or thereabouts.

I would suspect this figure has been arrived at knowing that some of the larger shareholders are happy to sell. For example I do know NTL had just under 10% and if sold, they are already well on their way to that figure (I don't know if NTL still do own their shares btw but this is for example) - So I would imagine Lerners advisors have already spoken to the other main holders to reach agreement.

The odd one or two shares we hold is in fact peanuts - a mere drop in the ocean when you consider nearly 21% of shares are over 2.25 million in number!

Ultimately I suspect that while those of us with a very very small stake sending them back might help, its the larger holders of shares who really make the difference and you can bet they have already been sounded out somehow.

Ifdoug did want to. Could he Right now sell his personal shares to lerner.

thus effectively ending the speculation?

No because of the contract he has agreed to with this formal bid.

Petchey is also under the same contract.

75% might sound quite a lot, but in reality, it is only another 18.2% or thereabouts.

I would suspect this figure has been arrived at knowing that some of the larger shareholders are happy to sell. For example I do know NTL had just under 10% and if sold, they are already well on their way to that figure (I don't know if NTL still do own their shares btw but this is for example) - So I would imagine Lerners advisors have already spoken to the other main holders to reach agreement.

The odd one or two shares we hold is in fact peanuts - a mere drop in the ocean when you consider nearly 21% of shares are over 2.25 million in number!

Ultimately I suspect that while those of us with a very very small stake sending them back might help, its the larger holders of shares who really make the difference and you can bet they have already been sounded out somehow.

nice reply. Cheers.

I guess a simple takeover isn't exciting news so they have to have a shocking headline every day. Go out and find one of the few who has reservations, make them seem like representatives of a large sect of Villa fans and mix in their quotes with quotes from Padfield and then throw in an unfounded statement that his bid is close to being accepted! Fantastic journalism.

I tend to agree with this. I've been thinking this for a couple of days.I'm 90% convinced of this. It's just the nagging 10% that is telling me this is Villa and it's bound to go pear shaped. I'm just counting down the time till it's settled. With time seemingly going at half pace. Thankfully my internet has been down this morning so I haven't been looking at updates every five minutes so far today.