Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can someone answer this question

if padfield or whoever increase bids to the 5% required, does doug have to accept the bid because he has already agreed to sell at a lower price?

No the bid does not have to be accepted by Petchey, Doug or the Board at AVFC even if it is above the 5% limit is my understanding. I will happily stand corrected if I have misunderstood this.

Two points.......

1. The new bid MUST be 5% above the current agreed bid.

2. The AVFC board MUST recommend this new offer to the shareholders.

Both MUST happen for Padfield to have any chance at all........

But the board won't recommend the bid, therefore no chance!

Why won't the board recommend the bid?

I'm amazed why people seem to think that this AV06 bid can't be better.

Lerners bid is absolutely fantastic so if the AV06 bid was accepted surely that would mean it was the better bid which in turn should mean it being better for the future of the club as this is supposedly one of the stipulations for a bid being accepted.

If the AV06 is accepted it will mean it is better than the Lerner bid and we in turn should therefore be over the moon that someone better than Lerner as taken over.

People seem to be shit scared at the possibility that AV06 could have there bid accepted, why. If there bid is accepted then it means Rothchilds have recommeded it as the better overall bid.

Reputations are on the line here as there is no way Rothchilds would want to recommend a bid that would not be to the benefit of the club so I don't really understand what all the panic is about.

Yes I agree Ian.. As far as the Villa board are concerned its a done deal hence Doug's statement yesterday Also MON wants to work for Randy. Thats very important in all of this. Its not just about the money. Lerner and MON like each other and have a vision for Villa. Not sure how MON feels about Padfield and co especially bearing in mind they wanted laudrup and Jensen to be the managers of Villa

Supporters Trust Release link http://tinyurl.com/mppyq

Aston Villa Supporters Trust reacts to new buyer

The Aston Villa Supporters Trust welcomes news of a prospective buyer for the club, and hopes that a takeover will be conducted smoothly in the best interests of all concerned.

However, we are concerned that RAL wish to take the club into 100% ownership. Where supporter-shareholders want to keep their shares in Aston Villa as a sign of support beyond match day attendance, they are not obligated to sell to RAL, even if they support the bid, despite unqualified advice elsewhere. We believe shareholders should wait until they receive the offer document, then make an informed individual decision.

Messrs Ellis and Petchey have given undertakings to RAL but the field is still open and another bidder may come on the scene. The Aston Villa Supporters' Trust will continue to have discussions with relevant parties, and hope to foster as good a working relationship with the successful bidder as has been conducted with the current Board.

The Trust remains firmly committed to the concept of a degree of fan ownership and representation on the Board as recommended by the Football Task Force.

You sare right Mark, but remember AV06 have not signed a confidentiality clause to see the books and have admitted they will look ayt other options.

Padfield has not met MON despite being in London, Lerner made a special trip

Padfield is not a football or sports fans, Lerner is

Padfield has never run a buisness, Lerner has run a buisness as big as they can get

What are the credentials of AV06 or even Nevile, no-one knows, we know all about Lerner.

until that changes I back Lerner 100%.

Doug only wants to deal with Lerner... Always has. I wish these clowns AV06 would leave it be...

If the first part of your sentence is true, then why worry about the second part?

I know people have said possibly win win but, frankly with Lerner there is already experience, money and competence, just seeing how the cleveland fans think of their owner is a great sign, he's clearly aware of our history and will be a great owner. I don't actually care if the other bid was more of an Abramovich style bid, I am happy with Randy and that's it, plus I've already ordered a fecking Randy tshirt from here :lol: we'll get more than enough investment to help us regain ground as it is.

I still carnt understand why were still talking about this bid from AV06 , WHAT BID , we've recieved nothing even that bullshit article with quotes from a friend, of an uncle, of a sister of Padfield , said they havent put a bid in yet and supposedly wont until next week

Ian we knew very little about the Lerner bid until he actually put his offer on the table yesterday. If AV06 do put a bid in we will then be in a better position to evaluate each bid.

I wouldn't worry too much about Padfields credentials as it appears he is just a front and would not actually have anythong to do with running the club should AV06 be successful with their bid.

Richard Iwish they would go away because I know how Lerner hates this unnecessary publicity and I don't want anything to go wrong.. Comprendo??

Randy is a businessman. He will have expected this.

He will also be aware that if he is the prefered bid, if he is who Ellis wants and he is who the fans want, that there will not be a problem.

Comprendo?

Ian we knew very little about the Lerner bid until he actually put his offer on the table yesterday. If AV06 do put a bid in we will then be in a better position to evaluate each bid.

I wouldn't worry too much about Padfields credentials as it appears he is just a front and would not actually have anythong to do with running the club should AV06 be successful with their bid.

I don;t like front men, they are supposed to have some kind of credibilty, jiust who is hiding behind Padfield ??

HMMM.... tell that to the trust Richard. We must send out a united message to Randy that its him that we want. Consortia are complicated beasts at the best of times. His bid, his persona etc is by far the best fit and credit to Ellis he has recognised that even with Neville and Padfield offering him potentially much more money for himself and his family.