Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AS PB said earlier - win, win. If the judge has got the funds to gazump Lerner, then fair play to him. More funds, more money for players (hopefully).

All depends where the £70 million comes from. If its a loan, no thanks.

Good point. We know Lerner isn't going to borrow against this bid but if there is heavy borrowing from another consortia I wouldn't like that idea at all if the alternative is someone who can fund without having to borrow.

Dont forget people this is being reported in the Mail , remember THE Mail

Totti, The Mail have got 'everything' right during this saga.

They may not have reported the facts, but they have called everything correctly.

Are you trying to rain on my parade , bitch :lol:

:lol::lol:

A cash bid, from a single investor, with a board as strong as was presented yesterday will be VERY VERY difficult to beat. And it will be difficult for them to come up with a package to beat that in the timescale given.

Like Neville, a bid of £70million smacks of pure desperation...

Once again I say "Regardless of the money I am struggling to comprehend how any other bid could be as good for us as Randy Lerner"

Well I agree Richard, but lets see what these folks have to say. Maybe they also have a good plan, who knows? As I said before - win-win

Pete, they can have a good plan. They can have loads of money.

My statement still stands

cash bid, from a single investor, with a board as strong as was presented yesterday will be VERY VERY difficult to beat. And it will be difficult for them to come up with a package to beat that in the timescale given.

Do you honestly think Doug and Petchey will care about the make up of the board and future prospects for the club? The cynic in me believes they will want the maximum profit now and bite the hands off the highest bidder on the table (regardless of who will be best going forwards).

So....

i need to get this straight as my stomach has just turned.

IF this AV06 or Neville Bid 70mil.

Then Randys Bid is dead??? will he have to re-bid???? Or can the board just say: "he is our preferred bid, p*ss off"

cash bid, from a single investor, with a board as strong as was presented yesterday will be VERY VERY difficult to beat. And it will be difficult for them to come up with a package to beat that in the timescale given.

Do you honestly think Doug and Petchey will care about the make up of the board and future prospects for the club? The cynic in me believes they will want the maximum profit now and bite the hands off the highest bidder on the table (regardless of who will be best going forwards).

Petchey might not, but Doug is duty bound to accept the best offer for the 'club

The fact Lerner has said he is in this for the long hawl is a big factor in my eyes , this AV06 consortium is just that , its a consortium anyone of them could pull out of the club in 12 months time reducing where the club would stand financially .

The fact with Leaner its JUST Leaner would surely be the prefered bid

This is not "win-win" when the season is 4 days away and the transfer deadline is 14 days away - we want stability and progress and we can't afford to faff around waiting for it any longer. The Lerner bid appears to include immediate investment and long-term development and marketing plans - what else do we want, and what else could we expect? Another bid now unnecessarily muddies the waters and potentially fills Ellis' pockets even more. It could scare Lerner off just when everything appeared resolved, and it gives Ellis the chance to dither, to swan around in front of the media doing his Mr Aston Villa act, and to even change his mind yet again and decide to stick around. This is not "win-win" - if true it's tiresome in the extreme and we should do everything we can to let it be known that we're happy with what we've got

So....

i need to get this straight as my stomach has just turned.

IF this AV06 or Neville Bid 70mil.

Then Randys Bid is dead??? will he have to re-bid???? Or can the board just say: "he is our preferred bid, p*ss off"

The bit in bold.

My thoughts exactly.

Any bid from the AV06 consortium is bound to be subject to all sorts of conditions, as they have not done due diligence, having been unprepared to sign a confidentiality agreement. I rather doubt that Rothschilds would regard it as a credible bid.