Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone else notice our share price has dropped 4p today allbeit on minimal trading

LSE Clicky

I think thats the general trend of the whole stock market after a close shave with a terrorist attack. Nothing more than that I suspect.

And I have Ryanair shares angry-smiley-030.gif

but where was Doug going?, because he clearly wasn't going to Holland, he'd have been at the same airport as MON? Glasgow maybe?

Celtic were in London last night to play Chelsea

Good man. They were indeed.

For those seeking updates on RL's jet it seems pretty much definite that it won't be heading in our direction this week. After a couple of quiet days it is flying elsewhere in the US this evening.

My updates are likely to stop or be flakey at best as I'm off on hols this weekend. I had almost convinced my wife that I needed to take the laptop, but today's events have brought the subject up again.

Unlike the takeover, on this subject there's only likely to be one winner :oops:

but where was Doug going?, because he clearly wasn't going to Holland, he'd have been at the same airport as MON? Glasgow maybe?

Celtic were in London last night to play Chelsea

MON could still have been going home to se the missus in Hertfordshire though

Well, it is now Friday. The day by which a lot of people said they would be worried if nothing had happened (me included). And . . . (surprise) . . . nothing has happened! No takeover, no takeover news (other than rumours) and no transfers in and out.

Some re-shuffling of backroom staff but thats it. We have about 2.5 weeks of the transfer window left.

So are people getting worried yet, or still confident the deal will be done?

Doug is with the team?

That wouldn't stop a bid coming in though would it? As long as Randy/whoever wants to make it, they can do that without Ellis being there.

Chief Said:

Things are so quiet, makes me think something is going to happen.

I hope so. Thats what I keep telling myself its driving me mad, it seems to be taking an eternity. My Dad said on Wednesday that he'd heard something about Friday being the day for it to happen, I almost hit him as I said another 48 hours, its always another 48 hours.

I just want it to be done so we can start afresh, judging by Villa's previous dealings re: Baros/Berson it'll probably run on and on and on ..........

Doug is with the team?

That wouldn't stop a bid coming in though would it? As long as Randy/whoever wants to make it, they can do that without Ellis being there.

The size of Ellis' ego and the buyer wanting him on side IMO means a bid will not be made unless he is at the club to call a press conference and tell everyone about it and how much it is for and how much the new owner has guaranteed to spend on players, as well as ELlis boasting about the fact they've kept him on as Club President because of al of his years of football knowledge!

For all those who are worried let me tell you the thought that I hold onto.

Martin O'Neill.

1. He must want the taleover as much as us

2. He wouldn't have joined unless it was haoppening/had happened (effectively)

For all those who are worried let me tell you the thought that I hold onto.

Martin O'Neill.

1. He must want the taleover as much as us

2. He wouldn't have joined unless it was haoppening/had happened (effectively)

I was certain of No.2 last week.

Now I am not so :(