Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I would love to know what is happening, unfortunately I doubt we will get any news from today for a while afterwards if it is to do with the takeover. I expect tomorrow or Weds at the earliest. I would love to be proved wrong though.

As much as I would love to know what is happening, unfortunately I doubt we will get any news from today for a while afterwards if it is to do with the takeover. I expect tomorrow or Weds at the earliest. I would love to be proved wrong though.

Yeah thats probably the case, wish we could move forward in time though!!!

Board room 2:04pm

Stride: I wonder where Doug is

Doors fling open

Doug: Ive come to a decision. All those lovely men on Friday who wanted my autograph and shook my hand. There must of been 3000 of them. Reminding me of the day when i signed Tommy Doherty. They have convinced me that i should run this club. Im gonna ccept Lerners bid and then we'll have money

Stride: But you cant run us and sell us doug

Doug: Randy is like a son to me. We have a relationship like i had with the queen when i met her.

Stride and Marion: *bang Heads against wall* :bang:

Board room 2:04pm

Stride: I wonder where Doug is

Doors fling open

Doug: Ive come to a decision. All those lovely men on Friday who wanted my autograph and shook my hand. There must of been 3000 of them. Reminding me of the day when i signed Tommy Doherty. They have convinced me that i should run this club. Im gonna ccept Lerners bid and then we'll have money

Stride: But you cant run us and sell us doug

Doug: Randy is like a son to me. We have a relationship like i had with the queen when i met her.

Stride and Marion: *bang Heads against wall* :bang:

:crylaugh::crylaugh:

Taken From This Article on SportingLife

Meanwhile, Villa have been holding a board meeting relating to the annual financial figures although the takeover of the club is also likely to have been under review.

American billionaire Randy Lerner is poised to make a formal bid in the next couple of days although the consortium fronted by Michael Neville believe they are still in contention.

Not sure if this has been posted.

Lerner poised to step up Villa bid

Aug 7 2006

Randy Lerner

RANDY Lerner is expected to step up his bid to buy Villa in the next couple of days.

American billionaire Lerner, the favourite of the four consortiums bidding to take control at Villa, is set to make a formal offer to chairman Doug Ellis.

Lerner is already working in close contact with Martin O'Neill, who was installed as Villa's new manager on Friday.

When he came to England a fortnight ago to hold talks with Ellis, Lerner also spent two successive evenings with the former Celtic boss who was his number one choice to succeed David O'Leary.

Story continues Continue story

ADVERTISEMENT

That is why O'Neill was believed to be stunned when it appeared the deal had fallen through 10 days ago and Lerner flew back to the United States after the apparent collapse of negotiations with Ellis.

But talks are again ongoing and, if all goes to schedule, Lerner is expected to be formally installed as the new owner of Villa by early September.

The owner of NFL side Cleveland Browns has the kind of ample funds O'Neill will require to transform Villa into a major force again after years in the doldrums.

Ellis is hopeful that a takeover will be completed "in weeks rather than months".

Asked if he hoped to stay on at Villa Park in some capacity if a takeover does go through, Ellis replied: "If they want me to."

Villa fan Michael Neville has tabled the only bid so far, £64million, while Athole Still, Sven-Goran Eriksson's agent, and a mystery backer are also in the running.

Clicky

And only 100 of them, means little.

Yes Sweetcorn, if you have the money I'd be buying a few shares. Should make a tidy little profit in a matter of weeks........

Although if you only buy them in lots of 10 your broker fees are likely to outstrip any profit :D