Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

After being there last night and seeing the reaction from some of the "fickle fans" towards Doug , i have a very strong feeling Doug is gonna stay .

The number of fans going up to him saying well done Doug and crap , made me feel sick .

He has to go end of story

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that Doug needs to go.... its time to go

However I do believe that bringing in MON now - before the season starts - was a excellent move by who ever it was

What villa dont have is time atm - the season is just around the corner and with takeovers taking weeks/months to complete it was in the best interest for everyone to appoint MON now.

Appointing him now doesnt neccessary mean Doug is trying to sweeten up the villa fans... but i can see why some ppl think this. With MON in place now it means that we have secured a top manager for the start of the season... with the takeover completed by villa 5/6 game of the season.

Doug will go... but not just yet... give it a few months for the papers to be finalised and signed by Mr Lerner :D

Oh I dunno - All Ellis has to do is open his gob and his foot lands straight in there.

Very True!....

Tx for info TT you're a star!!...Are you really doing this from the airport at Brum or can you track all this from home??!!

As far as I am concerned only footballers should work at weekends.......

crucified? why? he brought us Oneill.... :roll:

Weve let him off the hook again...... villa fans are fickle... Oneill wont do much with Ellis in charge.. maybe a top 6 finish but wont be able to maintain it without spending something.

Lerners gone... maybe he went to buy Luton Town.

I dont think Ellis will be leaving.

Couple of points while catching up

1) I was sickened last night at VP by the number of so called Villa fans asking Doug for his authograph, shaking his hand and wanting their photos with him. There were dozens of the clearings in the woods.

2) The Lerner deal, if it happens, will happen the quickest as Rothchilds are only dealing with one man. The others are all consortia and each needs their own reassurances and puts their own conditions on. THis is why Lerner is favoured.

3) If Doug doesn't sell he will be stuck with personal bills from Rothchilds and possible legal action. He is being driven into a corner.

4) Why did Jon Fear insist on wearing a Newcastle tie? :)

I did say that i thought this was DE's plan all along.

The fans last night congratulting Doug made me sick, and my boycott remains, I will not return to VP while he stays.

Walsall here i come!!

utter toss from the 'graph

No it isn't.

There's actually a fair bit of very accurate, if also very guarded, reporting in the article. Equally, some of it might not be 100%.

Crikey, that sounds v. on the fence, but hey....

I think its an accurate article, but about 48 hours behind the news as newspapers often are

Or a good possibility is that he came to sign O'Neill

MON's 'accidental' "brief meetings" slip definitely suggested that he had been negotiating with others, and the fact that he was late suggested he was tied up in a meeting.

The only way you would be late for your new employer is if you were in meetings with your true new employer

Well, a guy like Lerner doesnt fly over to England personally unless he is really needed for something. He has a whole army of advisors and lawyers and whatnot who can act on his behalf for pretty much everything.

So what would you need Mr Lerner's personal presence for?

I will leave you to speculate on that.

Weve let him off the hook again...... villa fans are fickle... Oneill wont do much with Ellis in charge.. maybe a top 6 finish but wont be able to maintain it without spending something.

Lerners gone... maybe he went to buy Luton Town.

I dont think Ellis will be leaving.

I agree. Having watched the press conference yesterday the last thing in the world Ellis looked like was a man who was leaving. Giving o'Neill a small transfer fund just confirms what I've always feared, that he's managed to deflect the heat yet again by signing a high profile manager.

We all know how he's behaved during his tenure at Villa. Does anyone really believe he's gonna wanna walk away now? He's just pulled off the one of the biggest football coups of the decade!

Funny how he can wrap up signing a new manager quicker than selling the club, don't you think? He'll fob off the interested consortia for the next couple of weeks, by which time the new season will have started and it will be seen as too disruptive to be in the middle of a takeover. O'Neill will galvanize the squad, we'll pick up a few unexpected results, more funds will be promised for january, they won't arrive, O'Neill will walk.

What Doug said, I think, explains it all - they agreed 2 weeks that he was the new manager, whys it taken 2 weeks for the press conf?? I think they were waiting for something. Personally I think Lerner officially put his bid in...

We all know how he's behaved during his tenure at Villa. Does anyone really believe he's gonna wanna walk away now? He's just pulled off the one of the biggest football coups of the decade!

well, I think that maybe he believes he has. Poor old fool if he does, although I dont think he's quite that naieve. I think he's perfectly happy for everyone to think he has though, suits him fine.

Look, we are about to recieve at least one, possibly as many as four firm bids to buy the club. under stockmarket rules he

a) has to put all bids to the shareholders

B) has to accept the one, should be there be one, which takes the club forwards and meets the criteria laid down - such a bid HAS to be recommended to the shareholders for acceptance

There is no ambiguity about this, no grey areas, only hard and fast, black and white takeover law. This sint a process Ellis has any control over. he has already laid down the specifications, some time ago now. maybe he felt those specifications would never be met, but now they are about to be and there isnt anything else he can do about it. he can no longer change the goalposts without some severe consequences, as he has already discovered.

Its over for him.

a) has to put all bids to the shareholders

B) has to accept the one, should be there be one, which takes the club forwards and meets the criteria laid down - such a bid HAS to be recommended to the shareholders for acceptance

Dispute this as you know. No one can force someone to sell something they own. It is not fact. You are adding together the regulatory requirements, the rothschild fees and fiduciary duties. The comments from padfield show that ellis is trying to frame the sale in a way that suits him.

Yes he's under pressure, yes he will lose this time, but he is not bound by stockmarket rules into selling to anyone of the bidders.

Well I thought apart from RL's Private Jet being at Luton airport the morning MON is appointed....... the most telling point of yesterday's Press Conference was Doug flying back on Sunday....Why? He doesn't normally miss Villa games unless there is something more pressing....& when Lerner, alledgedly,went off in a huff back to US unhappy with negotiations with Ellis last week...we heard about it within hours!! TT has confirmed Lerner left earlier this morning....So far nothing untoward from the Press