Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

I'm well pissed off with all this now. I just have a feeling that Ellis is going to **** it all up - again. I'm fed up of waking up each day with hope that something will happen, spending hours trawling the internet for any inkling of hope (when I should be working) and, as each day wears on, getting more and more disheartened.

I would love to just be able to think that I'll just forget it all until some formal announcement is made but I just know that I can't I HAVE to carry on looking at VT for any glimmer of hope. Oh well, back to work UNTIL the next look!!! :cry: :evil:

You're not the only one!

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK we're all agreed that the deafening silence is exciting in so much as there could be a load of stuff happening behind closed doors.

And we all know how long takeovers can take from start to finish.

My next question is, how many days of absolute silence can we feasibly expect before ANYTHING can be released by the club. In other words at what point do we need to start questioning whether the silence is due to work being done or whether it's due to the 'big' boys no longer being at the table?

OK we're all agreed that the deafening silence is exciting in so much as there could be a load of stuff happening behind closed doors.

My next question is, how many days of absolute silence can we fesasibly expect before ANYTHING can be released by the club. In other words at what point do we need to start questioning whether the silence is due to work being done or due to the 'big' boys no longer being at the table?

I should think when one of the 'big boys' squeal foul play, which they will if they have had to walk away from negotiatians for any other reason than for having been the losing bid.

well as i'm out of the office later today having been continuosly checking this site for the last two weeks and hoping for some news its absolutely guaranteed that i'll miss it when it arrives, so we'll hear something this afternoon

My next question is, how many days of absolute silence can we fesasibly expect before ANYTHING can be released by the club. In other words at what point do we need to start questioning whether the silence is due to work being done or due to the 'big' boys no longer being at the table?

I should think when one of the 'big boys' squeal foul play, which they will if they have had to walk away from negotiatians for any other reason than for having been the losing bid.

Big boys wont necessarily squeel foul. They might just walk. And the club wouldn't publicise it because of the fan backlash.

well as i'm out of the office later today having been continuosly checking this site for the last two weeks and hoping for some news its absolutely guaranteed that i'll miss it when it arrives, so we'll hear something this afternoon

In that case can you bugger off out of the office right now and not come back til you hear the news on the radio? :winkold:

Seriously, I know what you mean by that. It's sods law. It's my fault that Lerner buggered off last week as everything was on track with him til my cable box went kaput. I told my mate that he'd come back to the table once my cable box was fixed and low and behold he did!!

Come on Randy, my cable box is fixed now so you CAN push this takeover through. You know it makes sense! :)

Its true I was away for a week getting married and honeymooning, I come back to find out about Lerner, I get all excited, then there were the reports of Doug pissing him off and I am gutted again!

The watch kettle never boils . . . the watch club never gets taken over!

What would be nice is if we heard from Lerners camp the his is definately back in the running and is still interested.

At the moment all we hear is rumour. I'd like to see a few proper bids come in rather than what we are seeing right now, which to be fair is nothing. All we have seen are people 'showing and interest' in buying the club, nothing concrete as far as bids have come in yet which is worrying!

What would be nice is if we heard from Lerners camp the his is definately back in the running and is still interested.

At the moment all we hear is rumour. I'd like to see a few proper bids come in rather than what we are seeing right now, which to be fair is nothing. All we have seen are people 'showing and interest' in buying the club, nothing concrete as far as bids have come in yet which is worrying!

Some people interpret the silence in different ways. Some see it as a definite sign that the big boys HAVE made definite interest known and that stock exchange rules preclude shouting about it in the press.

That aint gonna happen.

There is likely to be one "proper" bid, not many. And that will be the winning bid.

Checking in with an update on RL's jet. It left Cleveland yesterday on what looks like NFL business.

As it's pretty irrelevant I'm not going to continue to pass on updates as to where it moves to, but the minute it so much as points in our direction I will post on this forum.

My personal opinion is that IF Mr Lerner is still in the mix, there will be some sort of announcement before he darkens these shores again in person.

Big boys wont necessarily squeel foul. They might just walk. And the club wouldn't publicise it because of the fan backlash.

Randy made a good job of it last time!! - I think we knew of foul play within minutes of it happening!

So according to Bill Howell, Padfield isn't even meeting Doug until next Tuesday? What is Doug doing? And if padfield gave a shit about Villa, why is he on holiday? Seems, like ellis, that he takes holidays at important times of the year!