Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"One of the crucial issues is the extent to which Doug Ellis wants to retain a stake in the club or whether he is prepared to sell his entire shareholding.

"The other critical issue is what the position is as regards the team manager - has one been appointed, is one going to be appointed, the nature of his contract etc.

"This will impact on the amount of finance available to buy new players."

"I have had no discussions with Mr Ellis at all and all of us find it surprising that no-one from the club has bothered to tell us what the position is as regards whether any formal offers have been made or indeed the position as regards appointing a manager.

"I am having meetings (with Mr Ellis) next Tuesday. They will be one of a number of meetings but I don't anticipate we will be in a great rush to make a bid simply because we don't have all the relevant information on which to base it."

This guy seems to know next to nothing. Could it mean that the club already have their preferred bidder and are concentrating on those negotiations for the moment??

So how come people like Mike, Ian and Richard (sorry to single you guys out, you're the only people I can remember) have been implying this was nearly all over and done with? Not a dig, I'm just wondering where you got that impression from, when in reality it is quite clear that things haven't got anywhere near being sorted.

was there anyone who suggested it wasn't cut and dried ????

ellis remains everyones problems and the reason is in the interviews above

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

And this isn't really a takeover is it? It's just investment.

Well, what was said was that Padfield didnt know what Ellis wanted as he hadnt talked to him

IMHO this bid is in serious trouble, they are making all the wrong noises.

Seems to be between Lerner, Still and whoever the others are that we dont know about.

This guy seems to know next to nothing. Could it mean that the club already have their preferred bidder and are concentrating on those negotiations for the moment??

IMHO this is the case

So how come people like Mike, Ian and Richard (sorry to single you guys out, you're the only people I can remember) have been implying this was nearly all over and done with? Not a dig, I'm just wondering where you got that impression from, when in reality it is quite clear that things haven't got anywhere near being sorted.

was there anyone who suggested it wasn't cut and dried ????

ellis remains everyones problems and the reason is in the interviews above

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

But Malc, we also have people posting things along the lines of "Ellis has no power anymore" and "Rothchilds won't let Ellis mess people about". Again, where is this coming from, because I agree with you, Ellis is still the main problem....and that's before Petchey is mentioned! It seems to me that there are a lot of people who think they know more than they do.

EDIT:Sorry if that sounds harsh. I'm very grateful for the info people are passing on, and if it wasn't for them I wouldn't be here reading nearly every single post, all day, every day!:P I'm just frustrated.

And this isn't really a takeover is it? It's just investment.

Well, what was said was that Padfield didnt know what Ellis wanted as he hadnt talked to him

IMHO this bid is in serious trouble, they are making all the wrong noises.

Seems to be between Lerner, Still and whoever the others are that we dont know about.

I really hope you're right PB but I would have thought that Rothschilds would have given basic information like this to any bidders. It seems that they did not answer this question to the satisfaction of this consortium. This might mean that Doug is still trying to cling to power while selling some shares. petchey might have also agreed to sell his share giving any 'new' owner a majority shareholding but with Doug still having a minority stake.

Desperation by two consortia this strikes me as.

Posh, I can fully understand your sceptism but believe me Ellis cannot now **** up any takeover. He is not stupid

Lerner seems the only one with a proven track record.

yeah but he isnt exactly busting a gut to get it over and done with!!!!!!

As far as you know.

If he was it would be over and done with by now or very soon, but we look as far away from a takeover as ever!

How do you come to that conclusion? :?

Well we have no manager and Ellis is still with us!

From listening to Padfield today on Fivelive it seems as though they are way off making any sort of bid. Especially when you take into account thst they havent even spoke to Ellis yet plus the fact they are now considering joining forces with Nevilles consortium.

If this bid has any hope it wont be for several weeks yet which will mean we would enter the perm season with ZERO players coming in and ZERO manager to take us forward!

Add to the fact that they would be HAPPY to let Ellis stay on in some kind of role...WTF...FFS.....GET HIM OUT NOWWWWWWWW! I dont want Ellis to have anything to do with Villa once sold!

Also, Lerners situation is far from complete. I know the dude on SSN was just expressing his opinion but tell me if im wrong but it all looks worryingly shakey to me.

All this 'announcement within 48hrs' bollocks was pure shite IMO, there will be NO announcements from Villa this week, possibly not next week.

I can see Ellis manufacturing this takeover purely for himself. He wants to have some kind of control even if the TO happens!

I hope one of these consortiums gets their shite together and prooves me wrong but right now I dont see any light at the end of the tunnel!!!!!!!!

The impression he gave in the interview was that not only did he know nothing at all about Villa, he seemed to have little interest in football full stop.

Now, I couldn't give a toss if a buyer supports the club but I at least hope someone in that consortium has actually been to a game of football before!

Posh, I can fully understand your sceptism but believe me Ellis cannot now **** up any takeover. He is not stupid

Is that just your opinion or are you informed??

I hope it's the latter.

The impression he gave in the interview was that not only did he know nothing at all about Villa, he seemed to have little interest in football full stop.

Now, I couldn't give a toss if a buyer supports the club but I at least hope someone in that consortium has actually been to a game of football before!

EDIT: So good, I said it twice!

Padfield is questioning whether DOug wants to sell some or all of his shareholding??

Did I read that correct? If this is the case and Ellis is looking to keep some shares we are not looking at anyone taking over. Maybe that is why Lerner walked away. Is the truth about to come out and Ellis has been wasting everyone's time?

This whole saga is a joke.

But he can try to manufacture the deal to suit him so long as he keesp it within the guidelines of the LSE, which is exactly what it sounds like he's doing

Don't forget it's up to Rothchilds to RECOMMEND their preferred bid or bids to the board. So I think that they simply do not rate Padfields' or Nevilles bids.

It fits in with them being to the 2 parties mouthing off of their plans to gain public support, yet being totally naive to the thought that word has spread as to just how much better the other bids are.

Once agin backing up my comments that the people who have experience in sports franchise and/or dealing with the press have kept their mouths shut (Lerner/Still for eg) whilst those who don't have desperatley tried to get the public on their side with poor PR moves.

Also, I guess by Padfield and Neville talking it says to me that we can forget them totally as surely by talking it contravenes LSE rules? They are desperate small timers trying to gain brownie points while the big boys keep quiet and move their chess pieces in place.

I know who I'd prefer to run our club.