Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

So as he couldnt raise £64m, he's trying to raise £40m and just buy out the big boys. He would be forced to make the same offer to all the other shareholders, so must assume we won't accept his offer, or he will be asking us not to accept the offer so that he can use the rest of his funds(?) for player purchases? If this was done through issuing new equity then that would be great, if was done through a private loan, less so.

This is the main problme Gringo as no one is saying anything. Generally I am supportive of Nevilles bid but only as it means Ellis will go BUT he still needs to convince me he and his group are the best thing for AVFC.

If they came out with their plans they may get a lot of support from fans and that would help the transition if/when they take over.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

problem is Den that without Ellis saying yes he knows any bid is doomed to failure and he has to play a difficult game.

Saying that I think the bid is dead now, if there was anything serious there I would have expected it and without this bid then Ellis stays until he dies and we can expect a relegation scrap next year with crowds falling, interest falling and club dying.

sad sad state of the club and all brought about by one man who professes to be 'Mr Aston villa'.

This is the main problme Gringo as no one is saying anything. Generally I am supportive of Nevilles bid but only as it means Ellis will go BUT he still needs to convince me he and his group are the best thing for AVFC.

If they came out with their plans they may get a lot of support from fans and that would help the transition if/when they take over.

Good God are you SO important then Denis.

These fans you keep talking about who are going to effect this smooth transition what will they do exactly if they don't get the inside story from the new purchasers, about as much as they have to stop the present Chairman

Why should they give a f*&^, about you or any fan for that matter.

When they have the club, then sure a few little titbits here and there and most fans on past Villa performance will sit back, buy their season tickets and blame the manager and players for the clubs failings, and be as happy as Larry.

problem is Den that without Ellis saying yes he knows any bid is doomed to failure and he has to play a difficult game.

Saying that I think the bid is dead now, if there was anything serious there I would have expected it and without this bid then Ellis stays until he dies and we can expect a relegation scrap next year with crowds falling, interest falling and club dying.

sad sad state of the club and all brought about by one man who professes to be 'Mr Aston villa'.

Careful Ian that argument isn't in the Villa fans fantasy scenario, such things don't happen.

We aren't seriously in trouble, as soon as O'leary has gone we'll have a new messiah able to take the poor squad and turn them all into superstars able to take us back to where we belong, its ordained.

The bid isn't dead the club might be, but that's too depressing we can't talk about such things it upsets the real fans sensibilities, but its not as hot as some would like us to think.

Not important Malcolm just an 'arrogant prig' as you so eloquently like to say.

Please forgive me for failing t oagree with your every word and daring to have an opinion of my own. I know you are the expert on all things AV as you are so quick to tell us.

A discussion board thrives on differing opinions so if you don't like it you know what you can do!

Other than not saying O'leary is the next messiah exactly what did the above post do to cause yo to act so childishly.... please tell oh lord and master!

I think Malcolm's tendency to call people names, while, for a while acceptable in the name of 'artistic licence', does actually begin to border on the disrespectful after a while - the 'Tic Tac' brigade being the latest - lt me guess, that's as opposed to the 'Tac Tics' brigade yeah, Malc? I'd think a lot more of his arguments if he didn't use ridiculous inflated language such as "Messiah" as well.

Bla bla bla, same old shit and the same smell. I dont care untill its done. I havent read this thred for over a month, i doubt i will untill its over. Its just doing my head in. I either want to whats going on stage by stage(this is almost impossable due to the stock market rules) or nothing at all untill its done.

I was interested in the following Neville quote as part of the BBC article.

"It will take a bit of time but we are working on it at the moment and remain optimistic. We would still love to take the club over."

The tone of this statement seems to me, to be very different to earlier comments from him.

It's going to take time, well they've been at it for months already, and we would still love to take the club over. This sounds like they are not certain of the outcome.

Once again I suspect Ellis is being as difficult as possible, making impossible requests to encourage the Comers to give up.

Can't we ask the undertaker guy who carried out the financial investigation to offer Ellis a cut price deal, Ellis just couldn't resist any offer to save him money, even his own funeral.

Ian said:

but 10% of shares are reckoned to missing and if they can't vote against you ....

Could they have gone missing in the same way that so much cash has in the past and if so, might the cash and the shares be resting in the same place? :winkold:

I think Malcolm's tendency to call people names, while, for a while acceptable in the name of 'artistic licence', does actually begin to border on the disrespectful after a while - the 'Tic Tac' brigade being the latest - lt me guess, that's as opposed to the 'Tac Tics' brigade yeah, Malc? I'd think a lot more of his arguments if he didn't use ridiculous inflated language such as "Messiah" as well.

you might have a point icklevillan

mind you it amazes me how many pick up on things like Muppet, Lemmings and calling Taylor the new Messiah and use it in their daily comments in threads.

its like these real smart guys who know and understand all about fractals and marks and spencer maths but have no idea about 3 at the back or a diamond formation

Its also strange how some of those who know nothing of the ins and outs of a soccer club, coaching, and how to express themselves without having a dig are the ones who shout the loudest about those who sometimes do

Usually they use the old addage about not allowing people to have views, something I will defend till I die, yet they by their continued stalking and criticism are doing nothing more than exactly what they are complaining about.

I'll accept I'm a lunatic with a big mouth, I'm not a hypocritical one though.

One of the main reasons Ellis has been allowed to ruin the club is that he ahs either bought off or shouted down or sacked those who have riled against him

One of the main reasons Ellis has been able to sack so many half decent managers is because of the tame capitulation of the fans, even their complicity on occasion.

I remember the detractors when Ron Saunders was manager and the hero status so many gave the man who walked calmly into his boots and then subsequently ruined the team.

The similarity with the JG and DOL detractors is amazing for me anyway.

I think all the talk of Neville is desperation and I feel that the takeover talks are more or less dead in the water. Kim Il Jong...I mean Ellis is desperate to either sell the club for an overinflated price or stall in the hope that the Comers and Neville will give up and walk away, leaving our oh so beloved Chairman in charge of our club for longer. If Ellis really wanted to sell up, I think he would have made a deal by now but the talk of him telling Neville to put up assurances that there would be a huge amount for transfers in the summer speaks to me of Ellis wanting to stall it as long as possible.

If Doug Ellis wanted to live up to his name of Mr Aston Villa and he loved this club as much as he says, he would do the right thing and step down to someone younger, who has ideas and had the ability to take this club forward, and doug could his shares and have a good retirement. At 82 and going through two major operations in as many years, it's time to go. However, I honestly feel at times as if he wants to rule the club until the day he dies. Out of interest, if he did die in charge, who would take over as chairman?

you might have a point icklevillan

mind you it amazes me how many pick up on things like Muppet, Lemmings and calling Taylor the new Messiah and use it in their daily comments in threads.

its like these real smart guys who know and understand all about fractals and marks and spencer maths but have no idea about 3 at the back or a diamond formation

Its also strange how some of those who know nothing of the ins and outs of a soccer club, coaching, and how to express themselves without having a dig are the ones who shout the loudest about those who sometimes do

Usually they use the old addage about not allowing people to have views, something I will defend till I die, yet they by their continued stalking and criticism are doing nothing more than exactly what they are complaining about.

This is a little high and mighty, Malc.

People who take offense at your "Muppet"/"Tic Tac"/whatever remarks are not necessarily those who "know nothing of the ins and outs of a soccer club" - and it is your lumping them into this basket (usually because of a difference of opinion) that gets them upset.

I know of no test or exam which determines which fans know more about football than others. That being the case, you must look at other posters on this board as peers - not lessers - and accept that they may have a differing opinion that is just as well thought out as your own.

This is a little high and mighty, Malc.

People who take offense at your "Muppet"/"Tic Tac"/whatever remarks are not necessarily those who "know nothing of the ins and outs of a soccer club" - and it is your lumping them into this basket (usually because of a difference of opinion) that gets them upset.

I know of no test or exam which determines which fans know more about football than others. That being the case, you must look at other posters on this board as peers - not lessers - and accept that they may have a differing opinion that is just as well thought out as your own.

Maybe it is as you see it, although I didn't mean to infer that they were or are, and didn't think I did.

Many on here have a much better insight than myself, and their views I respect and will still rgue with if I feel they miss the point.

You don't accept my other points either then?

Unlike Ellis I've no objection to fans expressing oposing opinions to myself, I'm not Ellis, and like O'leary should I here it in the wider public arena I'll shout out my view, be they covered from tip to toe in claret and blue or not.

Some may by their inference or lack of contrite argument against Ellis condone his present day debilitation of the club with the prevarication over the takeover, me I like to keep reminding fans why we are firstly in this poor state and secondly look like we are getting deeper in

Nah Malc - no Doug supporter here. In fact, are there any? What he has done to the club is obvious - can't even afford a loan so 2 kids play in central midfield. That's gotta be ringing alarm bells in peoples heads, no?

I had no problem with the rest of your statement - in fact, I agree wholeheartedly - that's why I didn't bother making a comment.

It was just your segreggation of fans that irked me. Many get lumped into the Tic Tac brigade despite valid and well thought out points of view.